Jump to content

Recommended Posts

@Heinz Hupfer - I've tried to reproduce your issue both using Bounce to Tracks and File Export, and neither give me any issues.

Can you send a copy of your project (either as a bun file, or zip up your project folder) to @Jonathan Sasor, along with the exact steps you took to perform your bounce?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it an endash/emdash rather than a minus (they give me grief all the time in SQL/XML conversion!)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Worth to check: when opening an OMF file, you are asked to locate the audio of the OMF, which is contained in the OMF folder. 

It's working just fine.

BUT, when closing this project and opening another one, this time a regular one (a project file), it seems that Cakewalk reverts the Audio Data folder to the factory location, and erases the user defined location. May be the reason why some threads report missing audio when opening a file, referenced to the Audio data folder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I wonder if anyone is experiencing trouble using Vienna Synchron Strings after this update.

I'm having severe glitches when hitting stop, while playing Synchron Strings, and only with this plugin.

Vienna Instruments working fine.

--- 

UPDATE: In fact the glitches are present after stop with every Virtual Instrument, but were more noticeable in one particularVienna Synchron Patch.

I found out that the configuration of Audio/Playback and Recording/ Fade On Start+Fade On Stop must be at least 10 ms, at least in my system; otherwise there are very noticeable glitches on Stop.

This solved the problem completely.

Edited by Andres Medina

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Heinz Hupfer said:

Hi again:) 

Attached 2 Videos with the Track names crashing and not crashing!

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Al2mKojzOW0Mq5hrJgZYdhXaaT5HBg?e=gZ912W

 

Bassman.

 

Thanks Heinz - we've identified the cause of the crash, and have a fix.

It looks like it only affects single track / single bus export, so if possible for the time-being, avoid using '-'  in the track name/filename when exporting single tracks / buses.

Alternatively, ensure you always select more than one track or bus for export.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HI @msmcleod

Thank you for reporting back! Very nice you fixed it!  

For sure no problem to name the tracks without the "-"  as far it exists no fix!

Thank you a lot!

 

Bassman.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Noel Borthwick

About entry names.

1) I'm using friendly names.

image.png.3da6e516532d9350c18782552bdba4fa.png


2) Showing the ports to the left of the menus.

image.png.16418bce6207395a66cbbba4bd3e2bd5.png

3) This format is very good,

image.png.3fc897432b896e2184a3da71efe15876.png

4) But this does not carry over to sampling in the input of the trail. Here, the format shown on the right is maintained. I think it would be better for this visualization to also show according to the parameterization.

image.png.0b7af62f0e9a86081bed1333baa07691.png

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Milton Sica said:

@Noel Borthwick

About entry names.

1) I'm using friendly names.

image.png.3da6e516532d9350c18782552bdba4fa.png


2) Showing the ports to the left of the menus.

image.png.16418bce6207395a66cbbba4bd3e2bd5.png

3) This format is very good,

image.png.3fc897432b896e2184a3da71efe15876.png

4) But this does not carry over to sampling in the input of the trail. Here, the format shown on the right is maintained. I think it would be better for this visualization to also show according to the parameterization.

image.png.0b7af62f0e9a86081bed1333baa07691.png

 

 

Most users did not want that because the port field is too small so I suppressed it. If you want numbers there use friendly names where you can enter whatever you want. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Most users did not want that because the port field is too small so I suppressed it. If you want numbers there use friendly names where you can enter whatever you want. 

I can't do this for instrument inputs, but only for audio and midi devices and even for those the information remains unchanged.

 

1) friendly names

image.png.8fca73ff8fb7e1a94200233461ffe915.png

 

2) Audio input

image.png.085afe6f518fba1d1600b7f825ec30c3.png

3) This parameterization only works for the Menu display mode, but it does not carry over to the visualization, forcing the user to make sure which entries are specified there. I understand that the Input field size is small.

 

image.png.9009bbc641663758c60aa6895ad50853.png

Perhaps this could be overcome with an "on mouse" message

image.png.0a04874cd5ecefd1d2af7de7d2b0be87.png

 

 

image.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can only confirm that Windows 10 Update  21H1 is a bust.

I've been running elaborate tempo maps every day for a week and everything has been working smoothly. But this afternoon, I accidentally updated to Win10  21H1 19043.1083. What a mess.  I keep the DAW  off line and avoid updating as much as possible, but eventually Win 10 will go into update mode before I can catch it. I'm running Cakewalk 2021.06, Build 050.

1.  .wav files don't appear in the Cakewalk project folder,  i.e. in the Audio folder associated with the .cwp Project Folder. That Audio folder is completely blank. But those files will appear using Windows Explorer. If you try to open the .wav file with a double click, the computer may lock up. I didn't play with this quirk long enough to test the variables. So you can do a mix down, or render just a track or two, and even Export a complete mix, and everything is fine. And save like crazy every chance you get. But the next time you open Cakewalk, those files are not to be found using the normal commands in Cakewalk.

2.  If you save an open .cwp file in Cakewalk , that file name will not appear as an option the next time you boot Cakewalk. That is, the file name will not appear in the Recent Projects menu of the Start Screen.

3.  You can find the .cwp file using the Open menu in Cakewalk, and it may--or may not -- boot, and it may work for a while. But even if  you save that .cwp file frequently while working on a project, it will not appear as a Recent Project once you close and reopen Cakewalk again.

I expect an extortion letter to arrive any day now offering to return control of my DAW.  Then Win 10 will work with BitCoin like a champ.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Sam Stalos said:

I can only confirm that Windows 10 Update  21H1 is a bust.

I've been running elaborate tempo maps every day for a week and everything has been working smoothly. But this afternoon, I accidentally updated to Win10  21H1 19043.1083. What a mess.  I keep the DAW  off line and avoid updating as much as possible, but eventually Win 10 will go into update mode before I can catch it. I'm running Cakewalk 2021.06, Build 050.

1.  .wav files don't appear in the Cakewalk project folder,  i.e. in the Audio folder associated with the .cwp Project Folder. That Audio folder is completely blank. But those files will appear using Windows Explorer. If you try to open the .wav file with a double click, the computer may lock up. I didn't play with this quirk long enough to test the variables. So you can do a mix down, or render just a track or two, and even Export a complete mix, and everything is fine. And save like crazy every chance you get. But the next time you open Cakewalk, those files are not to be found using the normal commands in Cakewalk.

2.  If you save an open .cwp file in Cakewalk , that file name will not appear as an option the next time you boot Cakewalk. That is, the file name will not appear in the Recent Projects menu of the Start Screen.

3.  You can find the .cwp file using the Open menu in Cakewalk, and it may--or may not -- boot, and it may work for a while. But even if  you save that .cwp file frequently while working on a project, it will not appear as a Recent Project once you close and reopen Cakewalk again.

I expect an extortion letter to arrive any day now offering to return control of my DAW.  Then Win 10 will work with BitCoin like a champ.

 

 

To avoid Windows updating when you don't want it. I go to Control panel/Services / Windows update and choose disabled.  When I update to a new CbB version, I then turn Win updates back on and update all. 

Then I save an image file of my C drive, which I keep lean. Then if something goes haywire like happened to you, I'll just go back to the earlier image of my C drive and everything back to normal. Macrium Free works well for creating C drive images.

I remember last year, every time I updated to Win 2004, the computer wouldn't boot, until Windows aborted the update. I found from a forum that some computers weren't updating right and I needed to wait until MS fixed this. For a while my Win update didn't automatically include 2004 in the update options, which was good. Since this was a year ago I'm not sure what happened, if it was fixed

I'm currently running  Win 20H2. I don't know if that's a higher version of 2004 version., since I forgot about it until I saw your post.

In my Update window it says that Win10  21H1 is available to update. I'm for sure going to hold off after reading your post.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sam Stalos said:

I can only confirm that Windows 10 Update  21H1 is a bust.

I've been running elaborate tempo maps every day for a week and everything has been working smoothly. But this afternoon, I accidentally updated to Win10  21H1 19043.1083. What a mess.  I keep the DAW  off line and avoid updating as much as possible, but eventually Win 10 will go into update mode before I can catch it. I'm running Cakewalk 2021.06, Build 050.

1.  .wav files don't appear in the Cakewalk project folder,  i.e. in the Audio folder associated with the .cwp Project Folder. That Audio folder is completely blank. But those files will appear using Windows Explorer. If you try to open the .wav file with a double click, the computer may lock up. I didn't play with this quirk long enough to test the variables. So you can do a mix down, or render just a track or two, and even Export a complete mix, and everything is fine. And save like crazy every chance you get. But the next time you open Cakewalk, those files are not to be found using the normal commands in Cakewalk.

2.  If you save an open .cwp file in Cakewalk , that file name will not appear as an option the next time you boot Cakewalk. That is, the file name will not appear in the Recent Projects menu of the Start Screen.

3.  You can find the .cwp file using the Open menu in Cakewalk, and it may--or may not -- boot, and it may work for a while. But even if  you save that .cwp file frequently while working on a project, it will not appear as a Recent Project once you close and reopen Cakewalk again.

I expect an extortion letter to arrive any day now offering to return control of my DAW.  Then Win 10 will work with BitCoin like a champ.

 

 

What are your OneDrive settings?   IIRC, by default OneDrive is enabled and saves the contents of your %APPDATA% , Documents and Pictures to the cloud.

If you keep your DAW offline it could be that what's in the cloud is out of date, and its erroneously restoring older versions of files within %APPDATA% when you go online again.

I've personally disabled OneDrive on my DAW PC, as at one point it was restoring files from a different PC, which was linked to the same Microsoft account.  On my other PC's I've either disabled OneDrive, or gone into OneDrive's settings and restricted what it's saving to avoid any issues.

FWIW, I've been running Win 10 21H2 on all my PC's for a while now, without issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hi to all,

I tried the new version 2021.06 Update1 to see if maybe the fixes included have solved my recent problem with track templates, however it's still present as I have reported in my previous post about 2021.06.

I wanted to kindly ask if someone had a moment of time to try to perform the same operations. Insert TTS-1 (it's important that a virtual instrument is already inserted into the project) and then load a default Session Drummer 3 track template that is already included in CbB (don't matter if SS3 is installed or not, this is irrilevant, load one of it's templates only serves for the purpose of creating the input/ouput structure) as I did on video and confirm or not the problem. And it's a really weird problem. I tried everything to understand why it happens, but I couldn't figure it out. I also reinstalled from scratch the OS and CbB (of course, before I made an hard disk image). I have not installed any drivers in windows aside from the "standard" default ones that it recognized. I also left it disconnected from the network. This for have the more clean and raw system possible and eliminate any possible conflict (obviously this is only a test). Nothing, always the usual problem of wrong inputs/outputs assignments.

But the most absurd thing is that, if after checking the problem, I do an hard disk partition image of the "real" pc system that has the problem, and load this one in a virtual machine inside it (with the limitations that this entails, of course) then the inputs/outputs are assigned in an correct way 1+2 - 3+4 - 5+6 ,etc, and not 7+8(TSS-1) - 1+2 - 3+4 - 5+6,etc like in the video. Really weird. The same exactly system image executed in the "real" machine generates the problem, in a virtual machine it doesn't. I don't really understand where the problem is but unfortunately I need it to work in the real machine...also I can't always keep the system in "test" mode and so for now I had to restore in the real machine the previous system image.

The only thing strange that I noticed is that there is the 1st Output of Session Drummer3 named "Primary Output" and not "Session Drummer3 1" as it should, probably doesn't mean nothing however. Infact even with this name it is assigned correctly in a VM, but not in the real machine...

I tried to also upload a new video with the 2021.06 update1 in action, however the forum always give me "-200 error".


Many thanks to all

Edited by Ronny.G

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just noticed one of my vst plugins crash Cakewalk whenever I try to change to any preset. Even if I select "custom preset". It seems anything selected in the preset menu crashes Cakewalk and it hangs instead of giving a crash error. This seems to happen repeatedly and not a one time crash. There are a few rare times where I tried to select a preset right after I load the vst and it didn't crash. But as soon as I select another, it crashes. 

This only happens with the latest update. I rolled back to 2021.04 and it never crashed. Then updated back to the latest 2021.06 build 53 and it crashes. I used Task Manager to make a crash dump file and unfortunately it is 2.4 GB. Compressing it to a zip file only shrinks it to 1.63 GB. The plugin name is Wedge Force Matcha (It's a Plugin Alliance instrument plugin).

So what do I do from here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 7/15/2021 at 6:35 PM, Milton Sica said:

I can't do this for instrument inputs, but only for audio and midi devices and even for those the information remains unchanged.

 

1) friendly names

image.png.8fca73ff8fb7e1a94200233461ffe915.png

Try naming them (You can copy and paste this) Tascam 1L|Tascam 2R|Tascam 1S 

Make sure there are no spaces when you Split/Create the friendly names between the Pipe Symbol ("|") and the last character in your desired port names.

Not sure about the instrument renaming ports. 

Edited by Will_Kaydo
Typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Will_Kaydo said:

Try naming them (You can copy and paste this) Tascam 1L|Tascam 2R|Tascam 1S 

Make sure there are no spaces when you Split/Create the friendly names between the Pipe Symbol ("|") and the last character on your desired port name. 

Not sure about the instrument renaming ports. 

Thank you very much.

Naming the recording and midi device ports works perfectly as they show correctly in the input box.

The problem even occurs with instrument inputs, as, according to Noel, the space for placing information.

In the previous version it appears in input 1+2, 3+4......

In the current version, even though the input is directed to stereo (1+2, 3+4,......) the information does not appear. This confuses.

I suggested putting a message with the total input indication when the mouse is over the input box.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Hillmy said:

I just noticed one of my vst plugins crash Cakewalk whenever I try to change to any preset. Even if I select "custom preset". It seems anything selected in the preset menu crashes Cakewalk and it hangs instead of giving a crash error. This seems to happen repeatedly and not a one time crash. There are a few rare times where I tried to select a preset right after I load the vst and it didn't crash. But as soon as I select another, it crashes. 

This only happens with the latest update. I rolled back to 2021.04 and it never crashed. Then updated back to the latest 2021.06 build 53 and it crashes. I used Task Manager to make a crash dump file and unfortunately it is 2.4 GB. Compressing it to a zip file only shrinks it to 1.63 GB. The plugin name is Wedge Force Matcha (It's a Plugin Alliance instrument plugin).

So what do I do from here?

@Hillmy upload the file to any file sharing service like google drive, onedrive or dropbox and send the link

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...