2021.06 Feedback

On 8/20/2021 at 5:13 AM, OutrageProductions said:

Right click on the freeze icon in track view, adjust the freeze options dialogue to your taste, then freeze. Works for me every time if I don't want track FX bin or PC FX to be applied. 

Or use a temporary toggle on the master bypass FX.

Thank you, OutrageProductions. As for the freeze options dialogue (correct me if I'm wrong), there is no way to disable PC FX explicitly. That's where my problem starts. 

2 hours ago, Kurre said:

The browser.

It now starts up with the audio fx tab. When did this happen?

It always used to start with the instrument tab. How do i get it back to do that.

Workspace is "none" and i'm not using screen sets or mix recall.

Funny enough i didn't react at first but got tired of changing to instruments every time i start Cakewalk.

You mean when you open the browser?  Choose any of these TABS. 

2129250530_Screenshot2021-09-01211756.png.5bbc704ecfd286c5b57dfc43323951e6.png

@Will_Kaydo

No, i always have the browser open. I drag and drop different instrument plugins to the track pane.

When i open Cakewalk the browser is already open and, usually, the instrument tab is selected.

Now the audiofx tab is selected instead.

I tried with saving an existing project and made sure the instrument tab was selected when i exited Cakewalk. When i reopened Cakewalk the audiofx tab was selected instead.

I have dealed with two plugins that behaved very strange so maybe something is messed up with the start settings.

ADDED. There is files that rebuild themself when starting Cakewalk, What is their name?

It could be that one of those got corrupted.

Edited by Kurre
Addition.

Upsample On Render

Setting a VSTi to Upsample On Render for better performance and the FX plugins used, I found these issues using Fast Bounce. With the VSTi and 1 FX plugin set, the render proceeded at the pace of geologic time and hence canceled the render, with more than 1 FX plugin set CbB crashed without a dump. Is this a bug? I found nothing in the documentation prohibiting Fast Bounce for Upsampling... Not using Fast Bounce works fine!

On 9/1/2021 at 6:51 PM, Kurre said:

The browser.

It now starts up with the audio fx tab. When did this happen?

It always used to start with the instrument tab. How do i get it back to do that.

Workspace is "none" and i'm not using screen sets or mix recall.

Funny enough i didn't react at first but got tired of changing to instruments every time i start Cakewalk.

Deleting aud.ini did not work.

Shut down and deleting ttsseq.ini did not work.

Fiddled with default screenset. After some tries i think i got it to work by locking it and immediately make a save.

Now it seems i can have my browser/plugins/instruments as default. That is what i use 99 times out of 100.

On 9/2/2021 at 11:22 AM, Tez said:

Upsample On Render

Setting a VSTi to Upsample On Render for better performance and the FX plugins used, I found these issues using Fast Bounce. With the VSTi and 1 FX plugin set, the render proceeded at the pace of geologic time and hence canceled the render, with more than 1 FX plugin set CbB crashed without a dump. Is this a bug? I found nothing in the documentation prohibiting Fast Bounce for Upsampling... Not using Fast Bounce works fine!

@Tez we’ll need more information about this. If its crashing its most likely plugin related. You can try turning on the higher exception handling levels to capture a dump file for the crash.
Also can you try the latest early access release that has a lot of improvements to export and bounce?

On 9/6/2021 at 12:09 AM, Noel Borthwick said:

its most likely plugin related

It would seem you're right. I set only the Vsti (Pianoteq vst2) to Upsample On Render and the Fast Bounce worked just fine. FYI: The plugins used in the previous case were all Ozone 9 individual vst3s  from Ozone 9 Advanced.  Hope this helps...

Edited by Tez

Hi everybody,

there is a little leftover from the bug fix mentioned in product release info 2021.06:

"Bug fixes > Arranger > Buses are selected unexpectedly after moving Arranger section"

What remains:

Buses are selected unexpectedly after deleting Arranger section:

iBbhDSy.gif

Tested with 2021.09 Early Access [build 123]

And thank you for another great update, the new export features are incredibly useful!!

Best,
Klaus

• Thanks 1