Humble Bundle Your Sounds Your Movies Bundle

cclarry

8 minutes ago, abacab said:

Hey, I bought this one back in August! A re-run?

Yes...back by popular demand...

34 minutes ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

So do you recommend this bundle, doctor?

It's a bargain at the price...Vidoe Pro X is like $399...granted you don't get the "extras" with this...
But for $25...it's worth the money...and get everything else as a bonus!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, InstrEd said:

So much software and so little HD space 😁

Exactly. I can only imagine what cclarry has in the way of data and hard drives. But I was just about to go online shopping for another external drive. Recommendations welcome! Now what will I call this drive? I was thinking of cclarrysFault or cclarry-deals. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Great Idea 1

9 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

Exactly. I can only imagine what cclarry has in the way of data and hard drives. But I was just about to go online shopping for another external drive. Recommendations welcome! Now what will I call this drive? I was thinking of cclarrysFault or cclarry-deals. 

Do you plan on using it for storage, or for samples, because that will make a difference.

Storage can be any speed...samples you want at least 7200 rpm...

17 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Do you plan on using it for storage, or for samples, because that will make a difference.

Storage can be any speed...samples you want at least 7200 rpm...

Yeah, I definitely want it to be at least 7200 RPM. But as long as you replied, what do you think of this video software? 

1 hour ago, PavlovsCat said:

Yeah, I definitely want it to be at least 7200 RPM. But as long as you replied, what do you think of this video software? 

I have Vegas Pro, HitFilm Pro, DeVinci, and several other (consumer) programs for Video...
Magix Video Pro X is in the same league as Vegas Pro, HFP, and Devinci...it's a decent program,
but, as always, I recomment doing some homework on YouTube to see if it seems like it 
will work for you!  There's a LOT in this package for $25 though...

Edited by cclarry
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, cclarry said:

I have Vegas Pro, HitFilm Pro, DeVinci, and several other (consumer) programs for Video...
Magix Video Pro X is in the same league as Vegas Pro, HFP, and Devinci...it's a decent program,
but, as always, I recomment doing some homework on YouTube to see if it seems like it 
will work for you!  There's a LOT in this package for $25 though...

1. VEGAS Pro is basically a prosumer-tier NLE, at this point.  I know it has many fans, but realistically, it's below Edius Pro tier, at this point. 
  2. DaVinci Resolve is a complete post production suite aimed at the pro market, and pretty much the industry standard finishing platform.
  3. HitFilm Pro is comparable to Apple Motion 5, with some Video Editing features grafted onto it.  It's not a great NLE, but it gets the job done.  It's a much better Motion Graphics and VFX app, even if not at the level of something like After Effects or Fusion in their respective market segments.
  4. Video Pro X is basically Movie Edit Pro Premium with some Prosumer features added onto it.

Did buy the first bundle.  Uninstalled after a day or so because I didn't find the software useful.  It also uses a ton of disk space.  I do pick these things up just to secure upgrade rights, in case the developer miraculously pushes out a mega update that makes it more competitive (though that is a pipe dream with MAGIX).

If you already got the VEGAS Pro 15 bundle a while back, then I see no reason to get the Video Pro X bundle, especially if you already got the HitFilm/Ignite Pro bundle.

Video Pro X MSRPs for $399, but you can upgrade to it from any MAGIX video App, even the Photo Slide Show app they gave away on Humble Bundle for almost nothing multiple times.  The MSRP is not really indicative of the software's worth - not to mention  you have to consider that price in comparison to competing products within the same market segment.  Would you really pay $399 for Video Pro X when you can get DaVinci Resolve Studio for $299?  I know very few people who would make that choice.

MAGIX always lists high prices for their software (or tells you that the package is worth $1,100+ or some B.S.), but it's impractical to ever buy at those prices.  The prices are set high so that the constant promotions they run (almost a perpetual sale) look better.  It's a marketing tactic.

They do this for almost all of their software.  It's on sale like 8-9 months out of the year, at times.  The software they acquired from Sony has inhereted this.  The reason why they put the software on humble bundle (always an old version) is to get people to buy cheap and then upgrade for $150.

I was surprised when FXhome put the latest versions of HFP and Ignite Pro on HB (even though they were only one installation licenses), very few companies do that.  The only other example I can remember is Corel and Pinnacle, who put Pinnacle Studio 23 Ultimate on HB just weeks after it was released.  Also, the latest version of PaintShop Pro Ultimate was put on Humble Bundle.

Edited by Maestro
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I am here to get some opinions, I have been using Adobe cs6 suite and while it is a nice package Premeire Pro always hangs on the vst scan, and won't resize for a 44 inch 4k screen, Audition is a nice tool, I like to edit in it but also won't resize.  Both are long in the tooth, but still very viable for what I do.

Would this package be a good replacement?  I know it is subjective, but i'm starting to think cs6 might not be the best considering this offering.  What say you?

Thanks

39 minutes ago, Jesse Screed said:

I am here to get some opinions, I have been using Adobe cs6 suite and while it is a nice package Premeire Pro always hangs on the vst scan, and won't resize for a 44 inch 4k screen, Audition is a nice tool, I like to edit in it but also won't resize.  Both are long in the tooth, but still very viable for what I do.

Would this package be a good replacement?  I know it is subjective, but i'm starting to think cs6 might not be the best considering this offering.  What say you?

Thanks

Download the trial - they give you 30 days.

• Like 1