Arturia V Collection 7 Upgrade

ZincT

Looks like the 99 euro price includes VAT, an extra 20% would have been a absolute deal breaker, but I am still undecided at this price. Having 'trons a plenty I think tis one will be superfluous. I have a XILS4 but the Arturia one is a little different and I liked it when I demoed it a while back. Maybe I will demo the CZ later. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Vernon Barnes said:

Looks like the 99 euro price includes VAT, an extra 20% would have been a absolute deal breaker, but I am still undecided at this price. Having 'trons a plenty I think tis one will be superfluous. I have a XILS4 but the Arturia one is a little different and I liked it when I demoed it a while back. Maybe I will demo the CZ later. 

Exactly this ^^^

Come on Arturia - send me an enticement ;)  or I could just wait for Mesh to convince me that v7 is worth it over v6 :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

My upgrade from v5 is also $99 but I'm still undecided.

What bothers me is that if I took this route sooner or later I'll have to pay $99 again (at least) to upgrade for the next version.

From the new instruments available what interests me most would be the Easel and maybe the Synthi V (as I have the Xils 4)

For the rest I have good enough equivalents.

I'll probably wait for the next version since I REALLY don't need another synth (real or virtual).

But if they include the old Ensoniq models in the collection (ESQM, SQ80, Fizmo, MR76) I'd get the upgrade without thinking twice.

Edited by Sergio

The upgrade from 5 to 6 only required you to install the new synths leaving the others alone. This appears to be the same for the current upgrade. Issues occured when they made new versions of the existing synths.

One thing I like about Arturia is they make all the maintainance releases available if you have not upgraded.

The reason to upgrade from 5 or 6 at the moment is just the new synths.

• Like 2

I note one thing NO ONE mentioned here about the upgrade price ..

You can split the upgrade price across 4 months - around $30 a month .. rather than splashing out the $99 now. Although you pay about $12 extra for the pleasure. I just dont get that, why not charge $24.75 a month w/o interest?

Anyway now that we in Covid19 land with so many laid off and job losses big in the ents industry maybe even having this option spreading the payment over 4 months is good

• Great Idea 1

On 3/21/2020 at 2:26 PM, aidan o driscoll said:

Anyway now that we in Covid19 land with so many laid off and job losses big in the ents industry maybe even having this option spreading the payment over 4 months is good

Or (whisper it quietly) maybe just not buy software that you don't really need until you can afford it?

1 hour ago, paulo said:

Or (whisper it quietly) maybe just not buy software that you don't really need until you can afford it?

Be that as it may .. BUT I have to say I am a fan of the pay in small amounts monthly for software model. Either via an interest free easy payment method or perpetual  monthly small payments as is the case with Office 365. It means you are not forking out a few hundred of your hard earned cash from the get go SO MAYBE CAN AFFORD IT, the software companies have a way more regular monthly cash flow source that also helps them to give back better to that software's community. Also might mean more sales if people who find full price initially as too much are now in the frame for purchase.

All I was saying is for the now COVID19 situ just make the easy 4 month payment easier again and take the $99 in 4 smaller lumps rather than one bigger one.

BTW @ZincT .. I got a reply. They no can do, the 4 monthly payment / credit thing is being handled by another company - Arturia "do not have access to it ( the online payment solutions ) and therefore, we cannot change the amounts of the plan or extra fees."

The reply said "I will forward your comments to the sales board."

• Thanks 1