All Bitwig 50% off- the thread that refused to die :)

ralfrobert

• ralfrobert changed the title to Bitwig Studio licenses 50% off at JRR

I wonder if I can stack them. I'm good on V5 until Nov 2024. If I buy one of these am I entitled to get v6 updates and if I buy two am I entitled to get v7 updates. 

I can and have done that with ProTools update plans. Right now I'm covered in PT until Sept 15th 2027.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bitwig 5.0 June 29, 2023 (beta April 11)
Bitwig 4.0 July 13, 2021 (beta May 27)
Bitwig 3.0 July 10, 2019 (beta May 😎
Bitwig 2.0 Feb 28, 2017 (beta)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Bapu said:

I wonder if I can stack them. I'm good on V5 until Nov 2024. If I buy one of these am I entitled to get v6 updates and if I buy two am I entitled to get v7 updates. 

No, not with Bitwig.
If you activate them both you will get 2 concurrent licenses  - others have tried and that's what happens (and support won't fix it).
But you can stash the 2nd license then whip it out and activate it once the 1st has expired and viola!

Edit: So never activate a new Bitwig license (if it's for the same edition) unless your old one has expired!

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 4
  • Great Idea 1

• ralfrobert changed the title to GONE - Bitwig Studio licenses 50% off at JRR
  • ralfrobert changed the title to GONE for now, please delete
4 hours ago, TheSteven said:

If you activate them both you will get 2 concurrent licenses  - others have tried and that's what happens (and support won't fix it).

I do not believe this is true anymore. I bought a Bitwig Studio License mid-2023 and registered an upgrade plan license at the end of 2023. My license is still valid until mid 2025. Or do upgrade plans specifically not stack?

2 hours ago, Bapu said:

image.png.799f19ffe0190a1ffb5bfca0bf09a01a.png

Hopefully that means another 12 months added to end of your plan i.e.  that plan would be active till Oct 24, 2025
Not 12 months from now (May 10, 2025). 

• Like 1

• ralfrobert changed the title to All Bitwig 50% off- the thread that refused to die :)