Waiting On A Train (New Video)

noynekker

Posted (edited)

Hey folks . . . first time posting a video. (I'm kind of new to music videos . . . whole different thing from my usual audio) This song was posted here about a month ago, where Mark Alan Skinner collaborated with me, and helped re-record WAITING ON A TRAIN . . . he's played acoustic guitars, mandolin and stand-up bass . . . so, then I had this video idea !

Free software, and free videos helped make this possible, as I have limited resources for this kind of thing . . . let me know what you think  . . .

Edited by noynekker
Edited Link
  • Like 5

On 5/2/2024 at 12:34 AM, PascalHP said:

Hi, although I'm not really into this style of listening anymore the video is very nice as well as the track, a nice ride. Super.

@PascalHP . . . hey, thank you for having a listen, and your comment . . . but, just don't think it's very cool to advertise your own stuff in someone else's thread, why not start your own thread, for your own stuff ?

• Like 1

On 5/2/2024 at 6:49 PM, Lynn Wilson said:

Bruce, your voice is fantastic in this song, and the video is a good example of what one can do with limited resources.  You and Mark deserve a standing ovation!

Hi Bruce - I think Lynn said it all!!!! And if that is your first real effort at a video it's a great job and very well done

Loved it

Nigel

Hi Bruce ,  Fantastic job on the video!   It sure doesn't look like a first attempt at doing one. 

I really liked the part where the guitar neck was superimposed over the railroad track.  Cool ..

It was nice to have some quality visuals to go along with the song.  Your workload has now gotten a lot heavier 😁

Loved the video and working on the project with you .   Thanks ..  mark

• Like 1

Il y a 12 heures, noynekker a dit :

@PascalHP . . . Hey, merci d’avoir écouté, et votre commentaire . . . Mais, ne pensez pas que c’est très cool de faire de la publicité pour vos propres trucs dans le fil de quelqu’un d’autre, pourquoi ne pas créer votre propre fil, pour vos propres trucs ?

Salut, désolé, ce n’était pas mon intention. Je m’assure de participer et de ne pas venir chercher des informations. Malheureusement, il doit s’agir d’un problème de traduction. Je suis plus dans la recherche orchestrale donc mon écoute est plus orientée vers les films, mais quand je trouve un morceau sympa je trouve normal de laisser un commentaire comme pour ceux qui sont dans le passé sur mes posts, et de ne pas essayer de me faire de la pub, c’est juste par sympathie et par respect Si ma présence pose problème je n’ai qu’à supprimer mon compte je ne pense pas que je manquerai à qui que ce soit ici, donc pour moi c’est la musique qui m’importe, je ne suis pas là pour m’imposer. Bonsoir à vous.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, noynekker said:

@PascalHP . . . hey, thank you for having a listen, and your comment . . . but, just don't think it's very cool to advertise your own stuff in someone else's thread, why not start your own thread, for your own stuff ?

Hi, sorry that wasn't my intention.

I make sure to participate and not come to get information.

Unfortunately it must be a translation problem.

I'm more into orchestral research so my listening is more directed towards films, but when I find a nice piece I find it normal to leave a comment like for those who are in the past on my posts, and not try to advertise myself , it's just out of sympathy and out of respect

If my presence poses a problem I just have to delete my account I don't think anyone here will miss me, so for me it's the music that matters to me , I'm not here to impose myself.

Good evening to you.

Edited by PascalHP

10 hours ago, PascalHP said:

Hi, sorry that wasn't my intention.

I make sure to participate and not come to get information.

Unfortunately it must be a translation problem.

I'm more into orchestral research so my listening is more directed towards films, but when I find a nice piece I find it normal to leave a comment like for those who are in the past on my posts, and not try to advertise myself , it's just out of sympathy and out of respect

If my presence poses a problem I just have to delete my account I don't think anyone here will miss me, so for me it's the music that matters to me , I'm not here to impose myself.

Good evening to you.

@PascalHP . . . didn't mean to offend you, it's not a big deal . . . looks like the forum software really enlarges the SC link when you embed it in your signature . . . doesn't do that on the phone version, so it kind of surprised me when viewing on my desktop. Also, didn't mean to make you feel unwelcome  . . . please stay !

• Like 1

On 5/2/2024 at 9:49 AM, Lynn Wilson said:

Bruce, your voice is fantastic in this song, and the video is a good example of what one can do with limited resources.  You and Mark deserve a standing ovation!

@Lynn Wilson . . . thanks so much Lynn ! What a fun project it was, always like to try some different things.

On 5/3/2024 at 5:03 AM, Wookiee said:

I liked it the first time, not changed my mind for the addition of visuals.

@Wookiee . . . yes, it's the same old song (mix slightly mangled by You Tube) thanks for having a watch. (Or, did you have your eyes closed ?;)

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

Hi Bruce - I think Lynn said it all!!!! And if that is your first real effort at a video it's a great job and very well done

Loved it

Nigel

@Bajan Blue  . . . Wow Nigel . . . hoped you would see this, and I very much appreciate your comments !

I've watched a lot of your excellent video work here on the forum, so lots of inspiration to pull from there. I think video really helps to convey a story of the song for most people, if there is a story to be told. When it's audio only, it really leaves the interpretation open ended. This was hard to do for me, but I do hope to get better at it . . . need to practice and experiment a lot more.

Bruce

13 hours ago, mark skinner said:

Hi Bruce ,  Fantastic job on the video!   It sure doesn't look like a first attempt at doing one. 

I really liked the part where the guitar neck was superimposed over the railroad track.  Cool ..

It was nice to have some quality visuals to go along with the song.  Your workload has now gotten a lot heavier 😁

Loved the video and working on the project with you .   Thanks ..  mark

Hey Mark . . . your collaboration, and instrument work on this one was certainly the spark that made me even attempt this video, going way outside my comfort zone . . .  your final mix sounded so good, I just had to give it a try . . . thanks for that !

Bruce

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is really good! Love that kind of Americana/country-bluesy music and the video looks great.

You've probably already found these free video sites, but if you haven't here are a couple that I use:  pixabay.com   pexels.com  and  the prelinger archives has some unusual stuff.
I recognized a couple of video clips in yours  that I've used in the past.  Great minds...

--Bjorn