FREE - WUZIK 2 Instruments (Station X and Station STX DAW)

Vst0nE

3 minutes ago, Lionel said:

Can’t beat “free,” right?

Normally, but if you sign up for this one you'll never be free of his constant email bombardment.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MrFigg said:

Normally, but if you sign up for this one you'll never be free of his constant email bombardment.

Ahhh, I see. Thanks for the heads up 👍

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Esteban Villanova said:

Strongly recommend against this developer.

Strongly recommend posting this developer in Deals.   Someone always fails in this. He seems crafty at collecting emails.  

You never see this on KVR anymore.

Sad to see what has happened to this guy.  He was a popular developer in the early part of the century.

• Like 3

This is getting ugly and turning into VI-CONTROL lite. Just to be fair and have some humanity, the developer has publicly shared that he is bipolar and has been inconsistent in running his business. 

I'm not aware of the guy being intentionally dishonest, just erratic. 

But this is a cruel, toxic, over the line defamatory pile on and I hope we can be better than that. People aren't merely sharing facts, they're just here to make vicuous defamatory attacks. If you have facts, assert them. But post after post just mocking someone isn't just against any decent forum's policy, we all can do better. 

Just a reminder. 

• Like 1

My experience is that I have been sent spam from him from a half a dozen or so different email addresses over a period of about 4 years.
I can't think of any other developers that do anything remotely similar.

I have heard others stating things that bring into question other ethical issues but the spam is bad enough alone to warrant warning people.

There is so much decent free software out there that I can't see the point of getting involved with companies that behave like this.

I wish him well, no hard feelings, but I feel that it's appropriate to inform people.
People can then make their own decision with more info at hand.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

This is getting ugly and turning into VI-CONTROL lite. Just to be fair and have some humanity, the developer has publicly shared that he is bipolar and has been inconsistent in running his business. 

But this is a cruel, toxic, over the line defamatory pile on and I hope we can be better than that. People aren't merely sharing facts, they're just here to make vicuous defamatory attacks. If you have facts, assert them. But post after post just mocking someone isn't just against any decent forum's policy, we all can do better. 

Just a reminder. 

We have no evidence of one being honest when it comes to the net.  His road down hill was breaking promises to loyal users.   We live in a world where people like to conveniently blame a mental illness and hove no evidence since it is the net.  This is not the only developer that has done it. I'm not a fan of using sympathy for marketing.

Whether his situation is true or not I'm sad what has happened to Wusikstation.  It's almost like Gibson took over.  Ive had his products up to Wusik Station 10.  (which I had to pay for despite being promised the free upgrade buying 9) 

Yet he somehow manages to  bypass spam filters.  There's plenty of facts on KVR.  Just a reminder.

I somehow manage to get emails. 

Edited by kitekrazy
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Technostica said:

My experience is that I have been sent spam from him from a half a dozen or so different email addresses over a period of about 4 years.
I can't think of any other developers that do anything remotely similar.

I have heard others stating things that bring into question other ethical issues but the spam is bad enough alone to warrant warning people.

There is so much decent free software out there that I can't see the point of getting involved with companies that behave like this.

I wish him well, no hard feelings, but I feel that it's appropriate to inform people.
People can then make their own decision with more info at hand.

This is the only forum where I've seen posting a Wusik deal. 

I browsed through the 15(!) page thread on KVR, and there appear to be some people unhappy with some spamming(understatement). But, the guy does appear to be a real developer... even has a series of videos on how Station was coded. The VST looks like it might be pretty cool, so I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt and grab it. Programmers can be a little weird (<cough>insane<cough>) so I'll just assume that maybe he got caught up in some evil marketing scheme.
I created a junk email account specifically for it, so if it starts receiving spam, especially from any other sites, I'll know the source.

He's obviously had some spamming issues in the past... even the order confirmation email was flagged as spam:
Wusik.png.109030cfa02d3b635e03f4819255fabb.png

Oh, and it doesn't state it up front, but you'll need to download a 16GB file for the waveforms and presets...

I don't think that is what got him banned.  There were plenty of broken promises also in group buys.  It takes lot to get banned at KVR and I'm surprised they haven't deleted all searches and posts.

1 hour ago, PavlovsCat said:

Just a reminder. 

The problem with WK is that he squandered any sympathy he had by continuing to do all the same wrong things even after  he promised to change.

We've seen him continue to fail to deliver on promises.  We've seen him continue to spam us with emails (after promising us not to) where he comes across as if he thinks its his duty to support him.

Some people have seen what he has done and will conclude that he is a grifter who is either faking his mental issues or leveraging them to get sympathy.  Others might see his behavior as a sign of addiction.  His behavior could be due to a failure to make any progress with his mental conditions.  

Those are all opinions, and while they can't all be right none of those suppositions is entirely unreasonable.  The facts are that he keeps doing the same things that earned him so much ill will in the first place.

4 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

This is getting ugly  

But this is a cruel, toxic, over the line defamatory pile on 

vicuous  defamatory attacks.

just mocking someone 

Hmm. I didnt see anybody writing anything other than the facts. Nothing cruel, mocking or toxic. That’s said maybe I missed something. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, MrFigg said:

Hmm. I didnt see anybody writing anything other than the facts. Nothing cruel, mocking or toxic. That’s said maybe I missed something. 

It wasn't your post. It was posts like this (and guys, I'm looking for arguments, just that we can keep it to facts and personal experiences. not cheap shots, mocking or trying to humiliate someone): 

"THIS MAN GOT GUTS , even after so much resistance hes still fighting"

"nah, he's a grifter relying on noobs who don't know his rep"

It's one thing to state the facts of our experiences, which is helpful for the community. But this thread has become a pile on a person that has gone far beyond facts into character assassinations and mockery. I realize that some of you disagree, but when the guy publicly shared that he has bipolar disorder and has struggled -- of course, that impacts the man's business behavior and can account for bad decision making. I actually bought one of his synths years ago and never got it to work or heard back from him when I emailed him for support. But it cost me a dollar or two and I just avoiding his business since then.  I have a friend in the UK -- from Germany -- who knows the guy and says he's a pretty nice person who struggles with mental health. I think the developer is named William? He's sent me a Facebook request earlier this year out of the blue, likely because he saw I'm connected to his friend. 

In any event, I'm just trying to say that I don't think this guy is deliberately malicious or unethical -- and there are definitely developers who are and I have a huge problem with that. I think this guy just has mental health issues that, unsurprisingly, are reflected in his one man business. I lead a business and don't have bipolar disorder, but I have friends and had one friend with biploar disorder who took his life. It's a very serious illness that can make pretty difficult for someone and I would hope people would take that into consideration and stick with the facts of their experiences and not turn this into cheap shots, defamatory remarks, mockery, and ridicule. 

Us long timers from KVR can recall when the developer behind Melda was making all sorts of sleazy sock puppet posts and got banned from KVR for it. I avoided buying anything from him until Starship Krupa persuaded me to give him a try,  In fact, the Melda developer recently did a YouTube interview where he acknowledged that he did that stuff. Completely unethical and completely acknowledged by the guy recently. We allowed for his rehabilitation. And maybe the Wusik guy isn't rehabilitated in the eyes of some. Okay, but still, I don't think he deserves the attacks. Personally, I don't like seeing anyone mocked/ridiculed. But I think, given his disclosure of his mental illness, I think we can find a way to share experiences without the personal attacks. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1