Kontakt 7 Updated to 7.10.1

cclarry

• cclarry changed the title to Kontakt 7 Updated to 7.10.1

Changes in 7.10.0 (previous release that had issue fixed in7.10.1 )

Version 7.10.0 2024-04-18

• FIXED    Crash when rapidly switching presets during playback in Logic Pro
  • FIXED    Crash when replacing Daft filter with any other filter with more than 8 voices playing simultaneously
  • FIXED    Step Modulator no longer loses all displayed steps after adjusting parameters

• IMPROVED    Notification when an Instrument’s license is invalid
  • IMPROVED    Instruments no longer deselect when clicking level meter or blank space in the instrument header when in Single View
  • IMPROVED    KSP: Waveforms in 3D mode of ui_wavetable widget now correctly display wavetable shaper adjustments
  • IMPROVED    KSP: Effect edit panels in Instrument Edit mode now correctly update their Ul upon certain engine parameter changes

• ADDED    Electric Grand EQ and tremolo modes to EP Preamps effect
  • ADDED    KSP: Engine parameters for Flex Envelope modulator (number of stages, loop start, loop end, per-stage time, level, slope)
  • ADDED    KSP: Built-in variables for system date and time

• KNOWN ISSUE    Intermittent crashes when Kontakt 7 is used with the following combination: Logic Pro, macOS 14, Kontrol S MK3. Apple are working on a fix for this communication layer crash
  • KNOWN ISSUE    Text fields in Rack View do not receive certain keystrokes whilst the Edit View is shown (macOS only). This issue was introduced in Kontakt 7.9.0, and will be addressed in a future update. Workaround: all keystrokes are received whilst the KSP Script Editor text field is open
  • KNOWN ISSUE    Please note that if you have updated to Kontakt 7.10 from a version before 7.9, you may need to reselect your audio device on first launch (macOS only)
  • KNOWN ISSUE    In Pro Tools, Kontakt window is cropped when zooming larger than available display size
  • KNOWN ISSUE    Crash on launching Kontakt standalone if Canon EOS webcam utility software is installed
  • Thanks 3

I can't get the updated Native Access to work. Just keeps spinning after start. Then I can click one "Update" (but not Update All), it d/l and the goes to the next install but just sits there spinning. And the one that did install now shows as "Repair" 

I tried to Uninstaller that NA update and install a previous version but it gets halfway through the install and tells me "a newer version is already installed  so setup will quit now"

Do these people know what they are doing? Have they lost all the good devs that knew how to make things work?

• Sad 2

For a while there I was thinking only interns were working on the updates.

With the latest Kontakt release maybe they called the intern crew back in.

I’ve had a pretty good experience with the updates over the last several months, but definitely it was rough from the time they switched over to Native Access 2.0 up to several months ago.

• Sad 1

On 4/19/2024 at 11:13 AM, Kirean said:

"Maybe we should test our stuff before pushing it to users". Nah. Why bother.

Oh, I'm sure they test it. But they are testing in-house installations with no network-based authentication required. So not a realistic user experience.

To paraphrase something one of their developers posted years ago: "American users are just too demanding. They expect too much." 

My biggest question is how on earth does a license verification routine impact so many facets of a program, e.g. laggy UI and audio. Was it phoning the mothership to get permission for every sample? "We have to crack down on these pirates, they're making us look bad."

• Great Idea 1
  • Haha 5

On 4/19/2024 at 2:53 PM, Grem said:

I can't get the updated Native Access to work. Just keeps spinning after start. Then I can click one "Update" (but not Update All), it d/l and the goes to the next install but just sits there spinning. And the one that did install now shows as "Repair" 

I tried to Uninstaller that NA update and install a previous version but it gets halfway through the install and tells me "a newer version is already installed  so setup will quit now"

Do these people know what they are doing? Have they lost all the good devs that knew how to make things work?

Exactly the problem I’m having. Grrr….

• Like 1

Whenever I update NA it then takes forever to fully install, resync, etc.. sometimes hours.

Last time I finally gave up and shut it down and when I ran it later it seemed happy.
It now comes up OK, not immediately but reasonable and I can update things but the spinning circle in the upper left will continue spinning for 20 minutes or so regardless of whether there's updates or not.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bitflipper said:

Oh, I'm sure they test it. But they are testing in-house installations with no network-based authentication required. So not a realistic user experience.

To paraphrase something one of their developers posted years ago: "American users are just too demanding. They expect too much." 

My biggest question is how on earth does a license verification routine impact so many facets of a program, e.g. laggy UI and audio. Was it phoning the mothership to get permission for every sample? "We have to crack down on these pirates, they're making us look bad."

It seems more software is turning into an iTunes app these days with the click and buy. 

I’m wondering if the problems I’m having here relate to me still being on Windows 10 (Pro). I know I’ll have to switch at some point, but 10 has really been bullet proof for me.