I hate FedEx

Well, I'm admittedly a little off-center today because this morning I discovered I was out of coffee. Normally, I'd run to the store and grab some, or hit the corner coffee stand. But not today, because I dare not leave my front porch for a minute because FedEx is coming with my new synth.

Earlier today the shipment's status said "on truck for delivery". Yay! Just as promised.

But I don't trust them, because the last time I had an important delivery, they didn't show up. They changed the status to "Customer not available or business closed", even though I was here the whole time, waiting. They actually did that three days in a row,  changing the status from "out for delivery" to "nobody home". 

So guess what? Today at 1:00 in the afternoon they changed my current shipment's status from "out for delivery" to "nobody home".

F You, FedEx, I've been here the whole time, even going without coffee lest you sneak up while I'm away.

I'd even un-checked the "require signature" box so they could leave it if I didn't hear them come up the driveway. Damn you, FedEx, and damn you Sweetwater for switching to them from UPS. At least UPS would toss packages into the bushes down by my gate in the rain. I'm almost pissed off enough to start going back to Guitar Center - ok, no it isn't.

[/rant]

• Like 1

The people i deal with (Thomann) use UPS, who at least call before they deliver or when they are outside your gate. Lets be honest a mobile phone call costs 2x nothing for a company…….., 

The few times i’ve had companies thar deal with Fedex, never.. pita etc. 

J

I absolutely greatly dislike FedEx.

Ran in to the same exact thing with a guitar I ordered from Swtwtr and an amp from GC.

I remember calling GC because their warehouse was in KC and asked if I could just pick it up because FedEx screwed up. I was only 30 minutes away. The that I was talking to got snotty with me and asked me why I wanted it so bad with an attitude.

That was the last thing I bought from them and I will never buy anything from them again.

Edited by Shane_B.

The forum software has been extra peckish lately. Three posts were flagged as offensive just in this short thread, including my own OP.

The auto-censor does not highlight which word was forbidden, so I don't know what's irritating it.

1 hour ago, Jeremy Oakes said:

UPS, who at least call before they deliver or when they are outside your gate.

Here's what I can't figure out...these delivery companies have advanced GPS technology and AI route mapping. They can tell exactly where a given truck or package is at any time, anywhere in the world.

Why, then, is it so hard to let you know when your package will arrive, short of "before 8:00 PM"?  And then be wrong about it.

• Like 1

Have you seen this shipping option at Sweetwater Bit?

https://www.sweetwater.com/insync/fedex-hold-at-location/

The last two times I ordered from Sweetwater, I had it shipped to a local Walgreens that just happens to be on my normal way home from work.

I live in the middle of the woods in the country and the only reason I have met my neighbors is from the drivers from Fed-Ex leaving my packages everywhere but where it is suppose to be. The company I work for ships me packages all the time thru UPS and I have never had a problem in over 20 years that I lived here.

It is a shame that all the  music companies I normally order from ( American Musical, Musicians Friends, Sweetwater ) in the past all use Fed-Ex and not UPS.

I saw the title and thought "Hmm... I've seen that one before!" then opened the thread and thought "Yep."

All I know is that, if I had basically had my day wasted by (insert name of offender here), I'd be calling up to have a chat with their management.  I'd bring up the fact that I'd be understanding of a real issue, but that I'd consider lying to be a potentially litigating point.

Sorry you had to deal with that AGAIN Dave!

(And, for my curiosity, any guesses what were the words that caused the posting flagging?  🤔 Enquiring minds and all that...)

I went and edited my post before it was released from jail. I removed the only word I thought could even remotely be offensive. It's just ridiculous. But it is what it is. 

I have to say the censorship is working. There's so many times I've sat here and written a reply, or even went to start a thread, got it all done, and said to myself gee, I wonder if I said something that will be taken wrong and I'll get flack for it, and I just delete it.

It's greatly decreased my participation here. I'm afraid to be humorous like we all used to be, afraid something will be deemed off topic and deleted. I just rarely participate anymore because of it.

I was even hesitant to post the Fallout thread.

Anyway, yeah. Fedex really sucks.

I just got my 2nd reply blocked over absolutely nothing. NOTHING. Unreal. Here it us without the word that caused it to get blocked ....

I went and edited my post before it was released from jail. I removed the only word I thought could even remotely be offensive. It's just ridiculous. But it is what it is. 

I have to say the censorship is working. There's so many times I've sat here and written a reply, or even went to start a thread, got it all done, and said to myself gee, I wonder if I said something that will be taken wrong and I'll get flack for it, and I just delete it.

It's greatly decreased my participation here. I'm afraid to be humorous like we all used to be, afraid something will be deemed off topic and deleted. I just rarely participate anymore because of it.

I was even hesitant to post the Fallout thread.

Anyway, yeah. Fedex really 'draws air hard through a straw'.

Edited by Shane_B.
  • Like 1

Just now, Shane_B. said:

I just got my 2nd reply blocked over absolutely nothing. NOTHING. Unreal.

One of my posts is still waiting to be approved also! I think "THAT" delivery company is behind it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, craigb said:

(And, for my curiosity, any guesses what were the words that caused the posting flagging?  🤔 Enquiring minds and all that...)

It has to be the corporate name that has been mentioned is all I can figure, because there was ZERO offensive language in my last 2 replies.

I give up. And you'll see why in detail if my replies are ever released.

1 hour ago, Shane_B. said:

It has to be the corporate name that has been mentioned is all I can figure, because there was ZERO offensive language in my last 2 replies.

I give up. And you'll see why in detail if my replies are ever released.

They know what "sone of a b" means and just assumed your name also had a profane meaning.

5 hours ago, craigb said:

And, for my curiosity, any guesses what were the words that caused the posting flagging?  🤔 Enquiring minds and all that...)

Bit said this about that:

5 hours ago, bitflipper said:

The forum software has been extra peckish lately. Three posts were flagged as offensive just in this short thread, including my own OP.

The auto-censor does not highlight which word was forbidden, so I don't know what's irritating it.

But at least we cut down on the spam!! Gotta think positively people!!