What's the word...

1 hour ago, bitflipper said:

...for that state of euphoria that music can sometimes elicit? I know there's a word for it. It's the dragon I'm always chasing.

This literally brought tears to my eyes.

Transcendental?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Bapu said:

Transcendental?

Yes, that's a good word for it.

Not one I'd use, though, as it's a bit woo for my pragmatic sensibilities.

It's definitely an altered state of consciousness, and I've heard and subsequently forgotten a clinical term for it that psychologists use.

Other possibilities, according to the Thesaurus: euphoria, elation, exhilaration, jubilation, joy, and "frenzy" (?). I guess that last one might fit for those joyous nutjobs thrashing about in a mosh pit. An activity I cannot relate to, unless it involved a bunch of soft ladies in a vat of pudding.

17 hours ago, Sal Sorice said:

I got the free Jacob Collier Audience Choir from Native Instruments. It's fun!!

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/vocal/jacob-collier-audience-choir/

I thought you were joking!! Apparently not.

After watching it I was so moved that all I could think of: spirituality. 

First thing is I couldn't believe the rich voice  coming out of this skinny guy. Then I thought the orchestra in the back was just waiting for them three to do their little thing and get off the stage. 

But my impression, as this was the first time ever seeing this "audience choir" thing, was that the crowd responded to his gestures with out a word being spoken. Which was amazing to me and testament of the common spiritual nature of all of us.

The I saw Sal's post about the choir and really thought that  he was making a joke (a good one at that!)  about the video. I clicked the link fully expecting to see some BS choir from NI!!

Then when I saw the actual "Audience Choir" lib I was left... less than "spiritual". Yep, that crowd was expecting what happened. It wasn't a spontaneous event, which is what I thought was happening.

Anyway, I watched this drinking my first cup of coffee and enjoyed it regardless. 

[edit] Thanks for the link Sal

Edited by Grem

6 minutes ago, Grem said:

I thought you were joking!! Apparently not.

After watching it I was so moved that all I could think of: spirituality. 

First thing is I couldn't believe the rich voice  coming out of this skinny guy. Then I thought the orchestra in the back was just waiting for them three to do their little thing and get off the stage. 

But my impression, as this was the first time ever seeing this "audience choir" thing, was that the crowd responded to his gestures with out a word being spoken. Which was amazing to me and testament of the common spiritual nature of all of us.

The I saw Sal's post about the choir and really thought that  he was making a joke (a good one at that!)  about the video. I clicked the link fully expecting to see some BS choir from NI!!

Then when I saw the actual "Audience Choir" lib I was left... less than "spiritual". Yep, that crowd was expecting what happened. It wasn't a spontaneous event, which is what I thought was happening.

Anyway, I watched this drinking my first cup of coffee and enjoyed it regardless. 

[edit] Thanks for the link Sal

Hey @Grem, glad you got the NI Jacob Collier Audience Library! Guess I should have been clear that it was a real thing! It's a cool instrument. Love the foot stomps, the "Yes", "No" shoutouts, etc. Highly recommended.

• Thanks 1