Reaper updated to 7.12

BTP

8 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

Mixcraft Recording Studio has just been updated to 10.5 (with built-in stem separation) and is on sale for $59.

You can subscribe to BandLab Backstage Pass for a year and get Sonar and Next for $105.

Actually you need Mixcraft Pro Studio version for $119.00 for the stem separation.    Still fair price IMHO

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

REAPER is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful DAW I've ever used in my life.

Praise be to their licensing and upgrade policies! Praise!

It takes work to understand REAPER, but I ask: what useful enterprise does not require work?

To comprehend REAPER one must understand that a track may be anything you can wish or imagine. An audio track, a MIDI track, a video track, a bus, a send, a submix, an aux track, a warm Summer afternoon, the memory of a lover's kiss, the idea of true brotherhood, or even the idea of ideas themselves. A track may contain matter in all of its states, gas, liquid or solid (plasma support is expected before the next dot release). It may contain light, sound, vibrations of all frequencies. Infrared! Ultraviolet!

A track may be routed to a bus, or another track, a bus routed to a track, another bus, and any of them may be routed directly to the user's soul, and to the collective soul of all living creatures.

REAPER is the yin, the yang, the alpha and the omega. It is the first DAW you should try and the last you'll ever need.

REAPER!

REAPER!

REAPER.

Now you're getting it,

This one shows promise father, we should award him access to the REAPER Forums

His access to the Cakewalk Forums is looking a little on the shaky side however. . .

'be sure to issue him with a pair of industrial strength eye protection, don't want to ruin his eye sight'

'that's OK Father, he is a MeldaProduction user, he'll have that sorted already'

• Haha 1

I'm new to Reaper. After getting it, I feel like this is the DAW I should have used all along. But the current version 7 of Reaper is actually the best version to get as newcomer. It feels like it can do everything every other DAW can do. With the help of freely available scripts that you can easily get for it($0), you can have a visual modulation environment to modulate ANYTHING (the Q knob of an EQ modulated by the mix knob of a Reverb or anything crazy like that, even in parallel!), a visual scripting environment to create your own scripts, and effects that are on par or better than ones you have to pay for. 

It would have actually saved me a lot of money on plugins if I got Reaper as my first DAW actually. 😆

All for $60! 🤑😛🤪🤣

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Bapu said:

Justin Frankel is considered stoopidly rich from the sale of Winamp and does not need the money. I suspect his team members are well paid and dedicated to the 'cause'.

This is also the reason why Reaper has one of the most liberal trial policies seen anywhere (by far).

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mettelus said:

This is also the reason why Reaper has one of the most liberal trial policies seen anywhere (by far).

Is this a hint to a DAW where you have to pay for doing a real trial? 😆

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Heath Row said:

he is a MeldaProduction user, he'll have that sorted already

'strewth, I understood REAPER users better once I slammed the Melda Kool-Aid.

I don't think I jump into threads about other products and try to p1mp MeldaProduction substitutes, though. Do I? I'm blinded by the light (revved up like a deuce, etc.), so it's hard to know. I sure don't recommend their stuff for everyone. Except the FreeFX Bundle. Too useful.

As you put it, I like to appear smart (if not actually being smart), so the endless hideous complexity of most of Melda's 5hit appeals to me. "Gawd, I must be genious, I understands the MoldyProductions."🤪

OldEuthymia.jpg.ebc2a4bea228690c5d91a4de45b5a12a.jpg

Edited by Starship Krupa

When I tried Reaper for the first time, v2 or v3, it was a little less than 5MB in size. Now, quite a few years later it's only 15MB, which is pretty amazing.

IME, running Reaper is like using FreeBSD for desktop - not for everyone.

• Like 1

Frankly, I don't understand people complaining about Reaper's "complexity"! You don't have to do all the sophisticated stuff that is possible to do with it, it's possible to use it very simply for recording and/or midi instruments, no big deal! And in the same time that you would waste with other DAWs for installing, backups and activation games you can really create some music with Reaper!

Surely, also Reaper has some flaws, but compared to other DAWs that I worked with it is amazingly stable, efficient and even if you are not so sapient in music production (like me), you are able to gain access to functionality that people in other DAWs just dream of! And this all for a very fair price! 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CSistine said:

You don't have to do all the sophisticated stuff that is possible to do with it,

Exactly, as with most things. Sort of like MS Word... fine and dandy for text... I only get irate when someone sends me a file that the headings are all FUBAR because they copied/pasted from numerous documents and Word pastes that formatting by default.

So many programs have features you will never need or use.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, mettelus said:

Exactly, as with most things. Sort of like MS Word... fine and dandy for text... I only get irate when someone sends me a file that the headings are all FUBAR because they copied/pasted from numerous documents and Word pastes that formatting by default.

So many programs have features you will never need or use.

Here's looking at you, Word Pervert v5.1. Lord, I hated that word processor. It was the Motorola standard for DOS/Windows users. There were so many releases of v5.1. They never changed the version number. Each new release came with PAGES of release notes in 4 point type. New releases added features that totally hosed backward compatibility. I'd receive a WP file from a colleague that was totally borked on my PC, so I'd have to contact him/her and ask for the file date of the .EXE file, and then negotiate who was responsible for fixing the incompatibility.

My most used and most hated command in Word Pervert was "Reveal Codes".

Edited by John Maar
  • Haha 1

What consistently astounds me, repeatedly witnessed, is when individuals inquire on the Reaper forum whether a particular function is possible, only to receive a response along the lines of, "No, but I've just created this script, that should do what you need, and you're free to use it."

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Gang5 said:

What consistently astounds me, repeatedly witnessed, is when individuals inquire on the Reaper forum whether a particular function is possible, only to receive a response along the lines of, "No, but I've just created this script, that should do what you need, and you're free to use it."

So Reaper is not feature complete then? 🤣

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Hillmy said:

I'm new to Reaper. After getting it, I feel like this is the DAW I should have used all along. But the current version 7 of Reaper is actually the best version to get as newcomer. It feels like it can do everything every other DAW can do. With the help of freely available scripts that you can easily get for it($0), you can have a visual modulation environment to modulate ANYTHING (the Q knob of an EQ modulated by the mix knob of a Reverb or anything crazy like that, even in parallel!), a visual scripting environment to create your own scripts, and effects that are on par or better than ones you have to pay for. 

It would have actually saved me a lot of money FOR plugins if I got Reaper as my first DAW actually😆

All for $60! 🤑😛🤪🤣

Fixed it for you.

• Haha 1