Bad Dog

KSband

Killer interaction with the bass and drums. Perfect Punch.  I Always Love your Sax work. It seems like the instrument you can Really Feel without thinking about it. 

I really didn't pick up on the midi guitar. May be a Good thing . You can only feel it reinforcing the keys synth.

Great relaxing production that brought me back to a nice familiar feeling. 

Loved it ..       mark    

No such thing as a bad dog only a bad owner ;) 

Nice groove, quality Sax work as ever. What do you use for MIDI guitar, do you have a hex pickup or MIDI Guitar 2 from Jam Origin.

I liked.

Thanks @Wookiee! It's a Fishman wireless, has a stick on pickup and a controller that mounts to the back strap button.  There is no way I could perform live with it, I get so many glitched notes. Still easier for me to go back and edit out the glitches than to try to hunt and peck out the chords on a keyboard. 

5 minutes ago, KSband said:

Thanks @Wookiee! It's a Fishman wireless, has a stick on pickup and a controller that mounts to the back strap button.  There is no way I could perform live with it, I get so many glitched notes. Still easier for me to go back and edit out the glitches than to try to hunt and peck out the chords on a keyboard. 

Have you tried Jam Origin MIDI guitar. Version 3 for PC will be in BETA soon. Very different from MIDI guitar 2. Turns your guitar into an MPE controller. Several videos on YouTube worth a watch, no need for special pickups.

I tried it a few years ago and found it unusable. I did see that there is a new version coming so will have to give a try. Years ago I demo'ed  the Roland synth midi guitar and it had so much latency I couldn't stand it.  I've seen guys play these systems and they sound good but I can't get the same results.

The Electro Harmonix synth pedals do an amazing job of keys without midi but you are limited to the built in sounds.

• Like 1

Lots of techno talk here . . . I just showed up for the amazing musical result ! Middy Snare sounds great in this mix. Well played saxes, as I've come to expect, always an enjoyable listen.

(You shoulda' got the cat, ie . . . there are no bad cats, they are aloof and more discrete in their habits)

On 3/21/2024 at 4:43 PM, mark skinner said:

Always Love your Sax work.

Here, here!

left comment & like at YT. (am I sounding like a broken record here?) I am bound and determined to make this the “default” action every forum member makes…

t

• Like 1

All dogs are good dogs :)

Cool tune.  Sax and bass sounds excellent.  As a keyboard player first and a guitarist second, I don't have much need for midi guitars, but I think the technology is pretty awesome.    I didn't pick up on the fact that you were using a midi guitar at first, and I thought the "keys" sounded great.

I'm curious if  you have ever tried any of the guitar to midi plugins like MiGiC?

jeff

Thanks @Bajan Blue and @jwnicholson78! I had not heard of MIGIC but it looks like it's monophonic so that wouldn't work for me. I tried the Jam Origen a few yeas ago and it has a lot of latency but I need to try the latest version to see if it improved.  The midi guitar system has been a fantastic recording tool for me, a non keyboard player.