Where do we post Feedback about Sonar?

I installed it on my main DAW a started a new project to run it through some simple tasks using my typical workflow for creating a song. 

Right away I ran into a few issues. ( Bugs/Pilot error? ) My list gets longer every minute!  But I'm not sure where I should post them? The feedback Loop? 

And boy do they ever need to get our custom themes happening! I'm stuck with Mercury as it's the only one with a white PVR. And now everything is ssssoooo tiny  I am defiantly in squint mode!  Took me a little while to spot the arranger inspector icon even though I knew it must still me there! What's with this trend in designing icons that are so obscure you need a cheat sheet on your desk to decipher?  like someone else said< "you mean we have to pay to be beta testers?? "  

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, John Vere said:

I installed it on my main DAW a started a new project to run it through some simple tasks using my typical workflow for creating a song. 

Right away I ran into a few issues. ( Bugs/Pilot error? ) My list gets longer every minute!  But I'm not sure where I should post them? The feedback Loop? 

And boy do they ever need to get our custom themes happening! I'm stuck with Mercury as it's the only one with a white PVR. And now everything is ssssoooo tiny  I am defiantly in squint mode!  Took me a little while to spot the arranger inspector icon even though I knew it must still me there! What's with this trend in designing icons that are so obscure you need a cheat sheet on your desk to decipher?  like someone else said< "you mean we have to pay to be beta testers?? "  

We'll have some more formalized places to discuss Sonar coming, but for now you can continue to post about it here. 

Also note there is "Report a Problem" link in the Help menu. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@John Vere 27" monitor here. Scaling at 100% Resolution 1920x1080. Text is the same size as SPlat and CbB.
I've got some little "railroad tracks" above the docked Console view, that upon mouse over, are Arranger, Video, Bus Pane, etc. Those are tiny.
Also using Mercury (no Carbon yet, but my fingers are crossed). The icons have changed a bit; annoying. Updated your iPhone lately?...
Lets be honest, the UI is basically back to the future Sonar 8.5. It is FLAT.; that's my biggest disappointment, but not a deal breaker.
As to paying to be a Beta tester, no one is being forced to pay. Want to "work" in Sonar, join BandLab. Want to just have a look and a
quick "test drive"; no charge. Seems fair to me.

t

Edited by DeeringAmps

52 minutes ago, DeeringAmps said:

I've got some little "railroad tracks" above the docked Console view, that upon mouse over, are Arranger, Video, Bus Pane, etc. Those are tiny.

It was always possible to drag those panes open in CbB but there were no lines between the Video, Arranger and Tempo tracks to indicate where the panes were divided, and no tool tips to show which was which. The pane dividers were made narrower because they were starting to take up a lot of real estate.

Edited by David Baay
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Please don’t throw rocks at me but my list of “bugs “ were 100% pilots error. 

Rule #1. Don’t expect things to work the way you THINK they should work! Learn how they are designed to work. 

But it’s good to know about the  built in reporting system. I imagine I’ll never have to use it.  

One of my “bugs” was the arranger track  seemed totally messed up. Good old Ripple Edit was still on.

I will go on record as saying the new graphics actually suck.  I find myself having trouble locating items that are right were they always were but are unfamiliar now.

Like the track record button is indistinguishable from the solo button and so far I’ve made that mistake a dozen time already. 
Is this all better on a new monitor? Mines a 24”. 

So nothing to see here folks, keep moving.  Thank you.  

Edited by John Vere
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, John Vere said:

Please don’t throw rocks at me but my list of “bugs “ were 100% pilots error. 

I knew you'd come around so I let it go without comment. ;^)

44 minutes ago, John Vere said:

Like the track record button is indistinguishable from the solo button

I have issues with contrast/legibility of some things, but that is not one of them. That said, I wouldn't mind having the red dot on the arming buttons back.

• Like 1

Pref>>Colors affect TV clips and only a few other tidbits.  I changed them all green to see what they were.... then found there's no default color set to revert back too.  O.o  Could import one from CbB maybe.

12 hours ago, John Vere said:

And boy do they ever need to get our custom themes happening! 

I have to agree there. 

I spent a long time making my theme in CbB just how I like it. 

I would hate to have to give it up - which, it looks like, I will have to..  (The Bakers did say that the new Sonar would not support theming).

• Like 1

I'm liking the new look TBH. (Dark theme) The lettering looks crisper to me. It's running stable on even bigger VI heavy Projects.

I'd be sad if it was Subscrip only because I just won't go that route. Otherwise, I'd love to take it for a proper spin and see what it can do

on export and saving.

I would miss the custom theme I worked to put together, but the dark theme is actually better on the PRV for me.

Given a reasonable price, I'd probably go for the yearly upgrades just like the old days, but I just HATE the "Clock ticking in the background" feeling  Subs gives.

Aint gonna happen here.

I have CC+ Sub w/EastWest but this will be my last year for that very reason 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I took the bait and gave them my credit card numbers. It’s just the way it is I don’t think about it.
I’m on a monthly pension so paying monthly works for me.
That’s how most of my bills are paid. They are all on automatic payment so when I go crazy my kids won’t inherit a bunch of unpaid bills. They can cancel Sonar then. 

What I actually hated was all the phoney Bandlab culture of promotion bs that was offered after I joined the club.  

If you follow the coffee house you would have read more about how people are having their music stolen via some of Bandlabs associated businesses. I think Lander was one of them. I see that’s still imbedded in Sonar. 
Our developers are awesome people who care but the owners are not on the same page and I hope they don’t screw this up. 

Edited by John Vere

Well it looks pretty, but...there does not seem to be a lot of changes in functionality.

Those of of working with film and TV scores need to still look elsewhere for a DAW that has top-level functionality for composing  for video.

Edited by Stephen Power

17 minutes ago, Terry Kelley said:

I didn’t think any Cakewalk was promoted for the video editing market. Correct me if I’m wrong. 

Yes, I was wrong to use the term 'editing'. That's definitely not what I meant and I've edited (see what I did there) my post. I'm referring to using Cakewalk with videos that require soundtracks.

I've done 3 with it already, and it's clunky, cumbersome and feels like it was an after-thought, compared to other DAWs that recognize the functionality needed by composers who want to work with video/film. 

Edited by Stephen Power
  • Like 1