Shhh! Don't tell anyone. Sonar is now available

"Cosmic" theme reminds me of SONAR 3 (circa 2003), and "Light Gray" to Ableton Live.
"Dark" theme is very similar to CbB's "Deep in Lab" theme, which is very cool to me. I can give you the name😎::.

Edited by MarianoGF

9 hours ago, Pathfinder said:

OK-I do not see any download area for Sonar? I am sure it's there considering this thread but WHERE?

Thanks

So, I guess John V was serious about SHH don't tell anyone???????????????????????????????????????????

https://www.cakewalk.com/ > scroll to bottom of page > Cakewalk Sonar > Download.

This is a pre-beta demo far from finished.  No saving allowed.  Once installed, ignore the reoccurring red Activate nag toast and Start Screens unless you want to open a BandLab account, which will allow you to give them money and save projects, among other things.

If the nag screens appear while you have a menu open and everything freezes.  Hit ESCAPE to continue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, sjoens said:

https://www.cakewalk.com/ > scroll to bottom of page > Cakewalk Sonar > Download.

This is a pre-beta demo far from finished.  No saving allowed.  Once installed, ignore the reoccurring red Activate nag toast and Start Screens unless you want to open a BandLab account, which will allow you to give them money and save projects, among other things.

If the nag screens appear while you have a menu open and everything freezes.  Hit ESCAPE to continue.

Thanks-Just curious about it. Wouldn't mind a non functional peek for now

17 hours ago, Pathfinder said:

OK-I do not see any download area for Sonar? I am sure it's there considering this thread but WHERE?

Thanks

Maybe time for a new user name ?

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, paulo said:

Maybe time for a new user name ?

Nope. It worked pretty well for over a year in the jungle as a an Airborne Pathfinder. I was very good at my job-thanks! Also something very close to my heart and not funny to me!

• Like 4

I’ve pretty much wrapped up my first look at Sonar. It works but needs more UI refinement. I don’t have a 1920+ resolution display to test but from the comments that part sounds encouraging. But nothing has made me want to open Sonar over CbB. 

I’ve let my three day trial expire but I’ll revisit Sonar once it’s closer to being finalized. I have a better sense of the cost now.

Edited by Terry Kelley

On 3/5/2024 at 3:23 AM, John Vere said:

The release notes:

To make it easier to visualize if a track parameter has an offset applied, Sonar shows the parameter value in an amber color when Offset mode is not active, and the parameter tooltip shows the offset value.

Ok, you had me at Offset mode visualization! :D This alone one will be worth (almost) any admission price!

By the way, has there been an official announcement thread about this "Backstage Pass" release? Or is it a silent launch? What's the release status, is it a public beta?

18 hours ago, sjoens said:

If you pay the Backstage Access thing you can save just fine and there is no “activate” nag toast.

In fact I’m already using it with no issues - other than missing my themes from @Matthew White - on some big projects.

• Like 2

It's not a beta - it has been in  ongoing internal beta for over a year. The feature set is complete now and the app is completely usable hence it's being offered for early access as part of the bandlab membership which is not free. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, GreenLight said:

Backstage Pass" release? Or is it a silent launch? What's the release status, is it a public beta?

This was my inspiration for my thread title. It’s a quiet release. As a matter of fact it was @Terry Kelley who stumbled on it somehow as it’s very fine print on the web page. It was a fluke he probably even saw it. 
I guess the big announcement will come when pricing and setting up the marketing is finalized. 

3 hours ago, John Vere said:

This was my inspiration for my thread title. It’s a quiet release. As a matter of fact it was @Terry Kelley who stumbled on it somehow as it’s very fine print on the web page. It was a fluke he probably even saw it. 
I guess the big announcement will come when pricing and setting up the marketing is finalized. 

Nothing is a fluke in my life. It's all self-inflicted.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, John Vere said:

Thanks for the info and for posting the release notes here! Much appreciated. 👍