Windows 11 Pro for $24.97

cclarry

If I update to windows 11 there's a huge possibility that my Roland PCR 300 drivers won't be compatible.  I had to hack windows 10 to force it to run the windows 7 drivers.  I don't even know if that's possible with windows 11.  So, I would have to get new hardware on top of that!

3 hours ago, El Diablo said:

If I update to windows 11 there's a huge possibility that my Roland PCR 300 drivers won't be compatible.  I had to hack windows 10 to force it to run the windows 7 drivers.  I don't even know if that's possible with windows 11.  So, I would have to get new hardware on top of that!

Hopefully Roland would have an update for the current Windows OS. (??)

How's this supposed to work? Can I redeem the license without a new machine build and installing an OS? I'd like to have the license for the next PC build, which is planned for this summer. Is it possible to have this W11 license without attaching it to a machine?

image.png.bb722a09ef391f32829d736a3a22e0e5.png

18 hours ago, El Diablo said:

The hacked version of the PCR driver worked for me in Win11. I  can't remember if I had to update the text "10" to "11", but I think not. IIRC, I used this method for Win11:

• Thanks 1

On 2/19/2024 at 2:08 AM, Soundwise said:

How's this supposed to work? Can I redeem the license without a new machine build and installing an OS? I'd like to have the license for the next PC build, which is planned for this summer. Is it possible to have this W11 license without attaching it to a machine?

image.png.bb722a09ef391f32829d736a3a22e0e5.png

So does the redeem part mean registering with MS and you don't have to install it.

On 2/18/2024 at 5:37 PM, El Diablo said:

Run the older software in Compatibility Mode in Windows 11

See the article~~>  How to run old app in compatibility mode on Windows 11

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

So does the redeem part mean registering with MS and you don't have to install it.

Turns out, it doesn't. You cannot get any keys from MS based on the SoS code. Activation can be redeemed only from within the newly installed OS. I've contacted support, and they say, that the code they give should be good for postponed redemption beyond 30 days, but after 30 days, you're no longer eligible for any assistance from them.

The product key for Windows was previously attached as a label on the computer. This key could be referenced for activation if the operating system must be reinstalled. For Windows 11 and Windows 10, the product key is "injected" onto the computer motherboard.  You do not have a time limit on activating an Authentic Windows license Key once purchased.   Since single License Keys can only be used once, but re-installed onto the computer it was first used on several times, you don't have to worry.   License keys stay good until they are used for the most part.  The only exception is if the keys are decades behind.  

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Doug Steinschneider said:

These licenses work only for the hardware first activated on. If your motherboard dies you would need to purchase again (or any change to hardware significant enough to confuse the licensing server).  I've used these types of licenses before, you're activating against a volume license key. 

Must be OEMs.

On 2/22/2024 at 11:32 PM, Doug Steinschneider said:

These licenses work only for the hardware first activated on. If your motherboard dies you would need to purchase again (or any change to hardware significant enough to confuse the licensing server).  I've used these types of licenses before, you're activating against a volume license key. 

I don't believe that's so. I bought one of these a while back and recently transferred the license to a new computer build with no problems. And I had another that I have upgraded the computer with a new motherboard and transferred Windows to a new drive and again had no problems.

Edited by Thomas Fort

The licenses are tied to your user account. As long as you log out of your account before changing your motherboard, you should be alright. I once had an issue long ago and contacted Microsoft. They just asked for some information on the hardware changes and were able to re-authorize my system.

By the way, I have bought a number of keys from royalcdkeys website over the years for my systems for both MS Windows and MS Office for a few dollars each, and never had any issues with authorizing them. They sent me the keys immediately upon purchase. They also have a somewhat helpful faq about these keys.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Great Idea 1

8 hours ago, Thomas Fort said:

I don't believe that's so. I bought one of these a while back and recently transferred the license to a new computer build with no problems. And I had another that I have upgraded the computer with a new motherboard and transferred Windows to a new drive and again had no problems.

Good to hear, maybe Microsoft is being more generous with Win11 licensing.