Sonar pop up screen

1 + 1 = 2

1 hour ago, Sidney Earl Goodroe said:

Maybe one of the moderators could make sure the developers see this thread!

I remember a time not too long ago if there was the slightest problem mentioned on the forum, it was not long before there was SOME response to us!

Now, crickets aren't even chirping!

25 minutes ago, pwal³ said:

image.png.f3a60928c459ff6e61bd057b91244864.png

It's a chirp!

9 hours ago, John Vere said:

Didn’t you read my second post? I found a full installer. I successfully installed it. You cannot activate it.

Anyone claims otherwise needs to describe in detail how you managed to activate the older version.  Myself I think you are  just spreading miss information.

And that’s enough said about that.The solution is in the hands of the developers. Not in having to hack Cakewalk. 

Ah I see said the blind man to his deaf friend.

How am I spreading misinformation? the only thing I have said about it was my question about the update files in your pic? I have not claimed it is possible or anything of the kind, how am I spreading misinformation, please?

Edited by heath row
dog - friend

12 hours ago, Sidney Earl Goodroe said:

If you must have a popup, why not a tab to click to choose not to see the popup and continue on to work!

That would be the ticket I would think, see it once and have a tick box that says 'Never see this again' or something of the kind.

At the risk of being labelled a spreader of misinformation . . . again 😲, . . .  As I'm not a Cakewalk/SONAR user since 2015, I thought I'd give it a shot myself, being not familiar with the install file numbers and the version number you get in the help screen, as far as I know I installed and authorized 2022.11.

Cakewalk_by_BandLab_Setup_28.11.0.013.exe is the file I installed, after activation it shows in the help dropdown 'version 2022.11 (Build 013, 64bit). As to do with version numbers I don't know if I installed and activated the right version to prove or disprove the argument, but there you go.

There was no issue installing or activating.

Cakewalk.thumb.jpg.3a4ab6dd8bfef492e8f60c84c5f756e9.jpg

Where you Cactus Music came to that error screen where you seemingly couldn't go past in your last attempt , I believe if you sign in to your Bandlab account in a web browser, it should be no problem to continue on and activate.

[Edit] I forgot, I hit the 'Refresh Activation' or whatever it is in the Help whatever menu, anyhow it activated quite easily..

Edited by heath row
Labelled

Hi, no you've got the bull by the tail, I have no problems activating. Some people in this thread were saying you could activate previous versions, others were saying you can't because the servers were shut down or changed what have you, so I decided to find out for myself, and the result is that you certainly can activate them. So someone has been telling porky pies with regards the situation at hand.

The groundhog smelled spring but not a lick of these folks. Loose lips sink ships, but after missing the holiday season and NAMM from a June announce, and dropping a prompt to go online and see that there's nothing to see about the new SONAR, I feel they should speak now or risk losing me and others to other DAWs where there is a healthy exchange between users and devs. Kinda like it used to be here... 

• Like 2

Well, CbB has been such a great experience up to now. Who would have foreseen that it would be driven into the ditch this way!

I know that they're not worried about losing a small number of users because they will gain a number of new users when Sonar finally drops. I hope that the new users get better treatment than those of us who have been dedicated to this product for many, many years!

As I said before, I was so thankful that Bandlab had rescued Cakewalk and offered it free for so long. But now, I have real concerns about what has transpired since this mess as of late.

I have and use several other DAWs and I guess I will be seriously considering letting go of my favorite that has been my goto for so long.

The silence from the devs is the worst cut of all!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sidney Earl Goodroe said:

so thankful that Bandlab had rescued Cakewalk and offered it free for so long. But now, I have real concerns about what has transpired since this mess as of late.

I shake my head every time someone announces they are moving on to S1. Clearly “marketing” is NOT the team’s forte. This will all shake out once Sonar drops, but at what cost to the user base?

Look at how ToonTrack rolled out their new B3. “Check it out, B3 in two weeks!”

The only winner here has been PreSonus…

t

• Sad 1

pretty sure they didn't create the B3 in only 2 weeks. lol. but sure from the time they announced they were going to release to actually releasing was about 2 weeks -- however - one of the threads on the B3 @ the toontrack forum was started in 2018...

anyways, i bought the B3 expansion after holding myself back for almost 2 hours after adding it to the cart... LOL. it's a decent organ and while i only had about an hour yesterday to mess with it, it's well done, and even includes some MIDI slides, etc to add some realism to the performance.

PreSonus interestingly enough on several forums (including its own) seems to be struggling as many plugins and general functionality are being reported as "broken" - mostly on the Mac side.