IK The final Krazy Deal of the year starts now!

cclarry

Hammond B-3X, Fender Collection 2 or MESA/Boogie 2 only $/€39.99 each

OR GET IT ALL WITH TOTAL STUDIO 4 MAX

Each week through the rest of 2023, IK is offering Krazy Deals on our most popular software titles. Visit this page every Tuesday to see what's new and grab what you need.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?id=WeeklyKrazyDeals2023

Total Studio 4 MAX covers every element of the sound creation process, from composing to tracking to mixing to mastering, with real instruments, real gear, real studios and real engineers. You’ve never experienced creative freedom like this.

If you already own a qualifying MAX title from IK, log in to your IK user account for the auto-coupon to be activated at checkout: "TS4MIK1" is $50 off if you already own one MAX title and "TS4MIK2" is $100 off if you have 2 or more MAX titles. JamPoints are accepted for this promo, but cannot be combined with the coupon.

Save up to 56% on Total Studio 4 MAX through the end of the year.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/ts4/

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jngnz said:

Deal price for TS4 is §349.99

"Maxgrade" from owning TS3.5 is $299.99

What the ***** is wrong with them

299.99 is the full MAXgrade price.  Larry's post contains the $50 and $100 off options.  I understand that you feel the addition of 30 new products (including TONEX MAX, a new and sought-after flagship product among them) since Total Studio 3.5 MAX is worth $99 to you, maybe we'll have something that hits both your preferences and your budget at some point in the future.  Thanks for your input and consideration.  I will look into what the ***** is wrong with us pronto, though, as that sounds very concerning.

47 minutes ago, audioschmaudio said:

And I have the impression that the maxgrade from 3.5 to 4 has been available for $199 for months.

Since November 9, 2023.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

29 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

299.99 is the full MAXgrade price.  Larry's post contains the $50 and $100 off options.  I understand that you feel the addition of 30 new products (including TONEX MAX, a new and sought-after flagship product among them) since Total Studio 3.5 MAX is worth $99 to you, maybe we'll have something that hits both your preferences and your budget at some point in the future.  Thanks for your input and consideration.  I will look into what the ***** is wrong with us pronto, though, as that sounds very concerning.

While you're at it, try looking into some other things wrong with IK:

- an installer that installs the full content of plugin packages every single time you update and bombards hard disks with trash in 6000 different places
- absolutely atrocious quality control on your hardware products, specifically the MTM speakers
- SE products, or anything below MAX, really, being incapable of not displaying presets with modules you don't have licences for, making you click some pop up every time
- your online shop adding VAT to prices that are the prices with VAT ALREADY INCLUDED in every other EU place where you can buy IK
- your support taking literal MONTHS to solve my extremely simple request to re-assign a licence to my account

Oh wait, that's right, you only came here to sarcastically talk down a bargain hunter for bargain hunting and boast about "30 new products" of which, by the way, like 2 are actually interesting.

• Like 8

On 12/29/2023 at 6:25 AM, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Since November 9, 2023.

Don't blame @jngnz for IK devaluing all their products to the point of absurdity. By your own logic, the ~140 products in TS3.5 are now worth ~$1.50 each, and the 30 products in TS4.0 are worth ~$5 each. Of course, some products are more valuable than others. For example - I completely understand that TONEX MAX is 50% the cost of the TS4 $199 upgrade, since it's so indispensable and ground breaking, and will absolutely not be abandonware in 2 years.

But, let's be honest here. Like most developers these days, milking existing customers for upgrades is highly profitable. Whereas, attracting new customers is expensive, and incentivizing them with dirt-cheap "total catalogue" products is where profits are lost. 

iZotope and Native Instruments have perfected this method. Get people into the ecosystem for cheap. Then milk them for upgrades. IK might be slightly better at this when it comes to "group buys", which is another dirt-cheap way to get new customers in and prepped for the milking.

It's smart business in the short term. 

On 12/29/2023 at 7:21 AM, jngnz said:

While you're at it, try looking into some other things wrong with IK:

- an installer that installs the full content of plugin packages every single time you update and bombards hard disks with trash in 6000 different places
- absolutely atrocious quality control on your hardware products, specifically the MTM speakers
- SE products, or anything below MAX, really, being incapable of not displaying presets with modules you don't have licences for, making you click some pop up every time
- your online shop adding VAT to prices that are the prices with VAT ALREADY INCLUDED in every other EU place where you can buy IK
- your support taking literal MONTHS to solve my extremely simple request to re-assign a licence to my account

Oh wait, that's right, you only came here to sarcastically talk down a bargain hunter for bargain hunting and boast about "30 new products" of which, by the way, like 2 are actually interesting.

That 3rd point is intentional. Has been the case for years in products like Amplitube. Crippling software with "missing product" prompts is a sales tactic. Doesn't matter what it does to the user experience. You must be constantly reminded of what products you don't own. I'm sure IK borrowed this from mobile gaming. And, unfortunately, it works gangbusters in the gaming world. Surprised more audio devs don't use this tactic. Then again, those other companies probably care about their customers' experience lol.

Edited by Carl Ewing
  • Like 1

IK Multimedia make excellent software products. They don't force any of us to buy what they have to offer, they constantly run promotions with insane discounts, they give users/buyers JamPoints for further discounts, which can be used towards hardware products. Sometimes they also offer free shipping. And last, but not least - they constantly work on creating new great products and improving the existing ones. Their business model might not please everyone, but as long as it works for them and enables them to deliver goodies - I'm going to support them with my money. 

• Like 6