Has anyone heard from Biodiode (Adrian Earnshaw)?

craigb

Been listening to his discography all morning and tried his old site which is no longer active.

Was just curious if anyone in the UK (I believe he was in the Blackpool area?) had kept in touch with him.  He didn't come over to the new forums...

• 4 months later...

Hey Craig,

Thanks for asking and hope your are keeping well. I got a little prompt about this post and thought I would drop on by. Following the little disruption by Gibson and Cakewalk I moved back to Steinberg Cubase, the software that I started from all those years ago on the Atari ST. I also recently added Bitwig to my arsenal as I am starting to get into live performance.

Aside from that I changed my working name of Biodiode back to my given name as I found lots of people having problems pronouncing Biodiode let alone spelling it. The breaking point was when Pluginguru kept calling me Bio dude on his live stream, kind of made me realise the difficulty with the name.

My new website is up at https://adrianearnshaw.com and I am very active on YouTube these days - https://www.youtube.com/@AdrianEarnshawMusic mainly doing tutorials and software reviews.

Take care

Adrian

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Biodiode said:

Hey Craig,

Thanks for asking and hope your are keeping well. I got a little prompt about this post and thought I would drop on by. Following the little disruption by Gibson and Cakewalk I moved back to Steinberg Cubase, the software that I started from all those years ago on the Atari ST. I also recently added Bitwig to my arsenal as I am starting to get into live performance.

Aside from that I changed my working name of Biodiode back to my given name as I found lots of people having problems pronouncing Biodiode let alone spelling it. The breaking point was when Pluginguru kept calling me Bio dude on his live stream, kind of made me realise the difficulty with the name.

My new website is up at https://adrianearnshaw.com and I am very active on YouTube these days - https://www.youtube.com/@AdrianEarnshawMusic mainly doing tutorials and software reviews.

Take care

Adrian

Get Andy (aka Synkrotron) to chime back in here occasionally... CHECK.

Get Adrian (aka Bio Dude 😂) to post back here... CHECK.

Alright!  Who's next??! 😁

Anyway, good to see you're still alive and kicking Adrian! 😉👍 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, craigb said:

good to see you're still alive and kicking Adrian!

Ditto. I still think back on the bamidi mystery and its sad resolution.

If I were to suddenly kick the bucket, I'd hope that craigb might note that bitflipper hasn't posted in awhile, thus leading to the discovery of my rotting corpse slumped over my keyboard. I'm counting on you, Craig.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, craigb said:

Alright!  Who's next??! 😁

scook   = Steve Cook

One of the most helpful and prolific posters here.  Seems to have disappeared a while back (maybe Sept 2023).

• Like 2

6 hours ago, bitflipper said:

Ditto. I still think back on the bamidi mystery and its sad resolution.

If I were to suddenly kick the bucket, I'd hope that craigb might note that bitflipper hasn't posted in awhile, thus leading to the discovery of my rotting corpse slumped over my keyboard. I'm counting on you, Craig.

*Pfft!*  Heck, you might outlive me Dave!

• Like 1

Yea Steve last posted I think Sept 5 2023. 
I hope he just switched DAW’s and that it wasn’t like Jimmy Buffet’s sudden passing.

I had a personal theory that they hired him to re write the new Sonar user guide. He most certainly knew ever page of the old one. 
But we know nothing about the person. He/ She might have been 20 might have been 90. 

14 minutes ago, John Vere said:

I had a personal theory that they hired him to re write the new Sonar user guide. He most certainly knew ever page of the old one. 
But we know nothing about the person. He/ She might have been 20 might have been 90.

Based on his posts in the wake of the Sonar/Next announcement that he wasn't too excited about the prospects in Cakewalk land.

16 hours ago, bitflipper said:

leading to the discovery of my rotting corpse slumped over my keyboard

That's a very distressing mental image you've painted there. Let's just hope than any unfortunate seepage or oozing on your part doesn't also ruin a perfectly good keyboard.😉

On a more positive note, if it's any consolation to your decomposing self, you will at least live on somewhere among the random shuffle mode of my various music players. You last made an appearance in my car only a few weeks weeks ago.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, John Vere said:
3 hours ago, pwal³ said:

why not tag him and maybe find out? @scook

He hasn't logged on since September

I'm with Krupa on this one. I have a feeling Scook just jumped ship. While we're here worried about him, he's prob on the Pro Tools forum making fun of us 😄

18 hours ago, T Boog said:

I'm with Krupa on this one. I have a feeling Scook just jumped ship. While we're here worried about him, he's prob on the Pro Tools forum making fun of us 😄

I dunno, Boog, not sure if he's a "making fun of" kinda guy....

On 4/13/2024 at 10:10 PM, tparker24 said:

scook   = Steve Cook

One of the most helpful and prolific posters here.  Seems to have disappeared a while back (maybe Sept 2023).

I got the impression that he tired of all the 'when is the new version coming out' posts that all had the same answer; nobody knows. And the next day there would be 5 more asking the same question and getting the same answer ad infinitum.

1 hour ago, 57Gregy said:

I got the impression that he tired of all the 'when is the new version coming out' posts that all had the same answer; nobody knows. And the next day there would be 5 more asking the same question and getting the same answer ad infinitum.

Q:  Where's scook?

A:  Nobody knows...

😁

• Like 1