[Humble Bundle] Vegas Pro Creative Frontier (Vegas Pro 19 Edit, Sound Forge Pro 15, Music Maker 2022 Prem) - €22.82

Kirean

1 hour ago, Zoukiman said:

Anyone who knows the upgrade price from Vegas Pro 19 Edit to the latest 21 then? 🙂

The BF Sale prices still there so Vegas Pro edit 21 ( which is just Vegas pro w/o extras ) is €149 to buy out right

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/ie/sale/

Looks like the upgr prices are the same as full price at mo for BF period

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/ie/upgrades-for-vegas-pro-and-vegas-movie-studio/

Edited by aidan o driscoll

A few thoughts @PavlovsCat .. this bundle has the relatively latest versions of the excellent Soundforge Pro + Vegas Pro 19 ( newest is 21 ).

For €23 it would be a thing of nothing and a sound biz investment to at least buy these licenses which means:

1. You can use them at a future stage if not now
2. You will always then have the ability to upgrade cheaper going forward rather than buying new
3. €23 will not break your businesses bank, still can buy other more expensive software if you like. To find one that suits YOU means you will still need to try out the various software apps, no way around that. Everyone has different tastes

Sound Forge is a Pro audacity and really has been around the longest of most Audio editors. As others said Vegas started as an Audio DAW back in the 90s and them mushroomed into a full fledged Video editing app but has that DAW feel to it that most of us here come from. I dont gthink it would take you too long to get a handle on this & from a biz perspective €23 for what uaually would be a far more expensive app is not a bad decision

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

11 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

A few thoughts @PavlovsCat .. this bundle has the relatively latest versions of the excellent Soundforge Pro + Vegas Pro 19 ( newest is 21 ).

For €23 it would be a thing of nothing and a sound biz investment to at least buy these licenses which means:

2. You will always then have the ability to upgrade cheaper going forward rather than buying new
3. €23 will not break your businesses bank, still can buy other more expensive software if you like. To find one that suits YOU means you will still need to try out the various software apps, no way around that. Everyone has different tastes

Sound Forge is a Pro audacity and really has been around the longest of most Audio editors. As others said Vegas started as an Audio DAW back in the 90s and them mushroomed into a full fledged Video editing app but has that DAW feel to it that most of us here come from. I dont gthink it would take you too long to get a handle on this & from a biz perspective €23 for what uaually would be a far more expensive app is not a bad decision

Thx! Just what I expected / "feared" 😉

And... I hate that "Looks like the upgr prices are the same as full price at mo for BF period"...

Why no better prices for loyal customers, I really don't get it...

25 minutes ago, Mark B said:

People compare to Resolve does Free version allow import/H265 now as I previously found that a limitation

Yes, Resolve is on v18 now. The free version does not allow for the use of hardware acceleration (only Studio will), but both support H.265.

It is also worth noting to new users that the Studio version is a one-time $300 upgrade, rather than an upgrade each version. However, it is highly recommended that you know the free version well and will actually use the Studio features before ever considering that upgrade. The Studio version has all of the bells and whistles which go far beyond what a normal user would ever use, but is also a significant bang-for-the-buck deal over the Adobe Premiere Pro/Mocha combo ($300 once for DaVinci Resolve Studio versus roughly $600/year for Adobe Premiere Pro/Mocha).

3 hours ago, aidan o driscoll said:

BTW - MAGIX MUSIC MAKER 2022 PREMIUM is also included. I will have to fess up and say I have never used it and have not heard of anyone else using/trying it. Anyone here had a go at it? I realise its starter type thing, but even at that, any good??

I use it often. In particular I love the Songmaker feature, which is unique to Musicmaker (meaning, it is not available in Musicmaker's "big brother" Samplitude).

This video shows what the workflow for songmaker looks like

Musicmaker has a free version that provides the basic DAW and then you can buy "feature unlocks" for it (examples of features are: Songmaker, VST support, support for unlimited tracks, track exporting capabilities, etc). When you register the 2022 premium version what you're really gettng is a bundle of feature unlocks plus a few Soundpools (non-commercial licenses, unfortunately) and a few virtual instruments. The good thing is that you can (and generally should) upgrade your base DAW to the latest version (MusicMaker 2023) and just apply all the same feature unlocks that you previously had, effectively giving you MusicMaker 2023

As a DAW in general, it is just the "younger sibling" in the Samplitude family and it uses the same clip-oriented approach (e.g., settings like tempo are clip specific and if you want to change the tempo of the song you have to select all the clips and then change their tempo, which can be very flexible, e.g., if you want to unselect  specific clips, like sound effects, so that the tempo change doesn't modify them). If you have Samplitude you can import MusicMaker projects into it.

Personally, besides using it for Songmaker, I find it pretty unusable as a DAW (e.g., it has a bug that when you have many VSTs, the menu for selecting them just goes off the screen, which in my case it means that I cannot access the vast majority of the VSTs I want to use) so, after running songmaker I just export the tracks to wav's and import them in Pro Tools where I can work much more comfortably.

One "catch" to be aware of - once you start using Songmaker you'll probably want to get more soundpools (my collection now has hundreds of them...)

• Like 2

21 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

I'm looking at video editing software right now. Any opinions on the various options for Windows. I'm looking at CyberLink PowerDirector Ultimate. 

I have been using Vegas Pro 14 that came with a Humble Bundle several years ago. As a user of DAW's I found after watching a bunch of YouTube videos that I could accomplish everything I needed. To create a live video of our band I took video from multiple phones and multitrack off the board and synced them up and edited it into a nice live band video.  I'm going to buy this bundle to get up to v19. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, aidan o driscoll said:

Thanks so much for taking the time to write all of that outcase, Aidan. You convinced me. I appreciate you and everyone being so helpful. I needed to get this a while ago and am trying to get this stuff in fiscal 2023.  If anyone has advice on a camera for video and lighting, I'm also shopping for that too.

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Lemar Sain said:

One cool note to factor in if you're on the fence about this Vegas deal DaVinci Resolve, is that the FX and Audio plugins that come with Vegas will work in DaVinci.

I don’t think it comes with any VST audio effects, as instead the effects are integrated into Vegas and Sound Forge.

I just want to jump in here regarding the Vegas Pro in this bundle.  This is the Edit version which is less powerful than Vegas Pro (confusing, I knowI. Why call it Pro of it's actually sub-Pro?). I've got Vegas Pro 15 and there isn't anything in this version that would tempt me to upgrade.

Anyone on the fence should check out the comparison charts between the various versions. Especially as the recent Vegas Pro edit versions don't come bundled with many effects. You have to buy these separately. Worth keeping in mind.

Let me weigh in on the Davinci Resolve thing. I use it for all my (multicam) jam videos. As said before in this topic, it might seem daunting but you really don't need a lot of functions/pages. Drop all your media in...Media. Go to Edit for...editing (skip the cut page). Whatever you do, skip the fusion page, there be dragons there (well, I use it for greenscreen correcting which is pretty easy once you know what tool you need). Use you daw for audio and import it. Color is for....color, just doomscrool through all the LUT's you want. Export is pretty easy. 

The most advanced thing I do is syncing 3 camera angles and that literally takes 3 seconds because it's a baked in function in Resolve. I bought an additional graphics pack for $49 with which I'm sure I'm set for life.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 53mph said:

I just want to jump in here regarding the Vegas Pro in this bundle.  This is the Edit version which is less powerful than Vegas Pro (confusing, I knowI. Why call it Pro of it's actually sub-Pro?). I've got Vegas Pro 15 and there isn't anything in this version that would tempt me to upgrade.

Anyone on the fence should check out the comparison charts between the various versions. Especially as the recent Vegas Pro edit versions don't come bundled with many effects. You have to buy these separately. Worth keeping in mind.

@53mph I suppose we should be clear on this though .. the CORE application vegas pro is in all variation. The EDIT variations just includes the basic core software, then YES to add efx you might like to get another variation with these included. However you may already have other 3rd party efx that will do the trick so the core app is enough

Note that Suite variation only comes with Sound Forge Audio Studio ( Cut down SF  pro )  while the Post variation has Sound Forge Pro BUT the humble Bundle for €23 comes with Vegas Pro and SoundForge Pro albeit earlier versions but not that earlier:

vegasversions.thumb.jpg.c4ca503f726aeac50342ddef1fa3cd63.jpg

VEGAS Pro 21 Product Comparison: Edit | Suite | Post (vegascreativesoftware.com)

On 12/3/2023 at 7:41 AM, Nick Blanc said:

Let me weigh in on the Davinci Resolve thing. I use it for all my (multicam) jam videos. As said before in this topic, it might seem daunting but you really don't need a lot of functions/pages. Drop all your media in...Media. Go to Edit for...editing (skip the cut page). Whatever you do, skip the fusion page, there be dragons there (well, I use it for greenscreen correcting which is pretty easy once you know what tool you need). Use you daw for audio and import it. Color is for....color, just doomscrool through all the LUT's you want. Export is pretty easy. 

The most advanced thing I do is syncing 3 camera angles and that literally takes 3 seconds because it's a baked in function in Resolve. I bought an additional graphics pack for $49 with which I'm sure I'm set for life.

I'll also weigh in that Davinci resolve is powerful (and pretty easy to learn) - but it is also far from efficient.  It needs a modern CPU/Graphics card to do any sort of multi-cam work.

It won't even run at all on older machines with single videos.  Out of all the video editors I've used, Davinci is the most particular about the hardware it needs to see to run properly.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

I'll also weigh in that Davinci resolve is powerful (and pretty easy to learn) - but it is also far from efficient.  It needs a modern CPU/Graphics card to do any sort of multi-cam work.

It won't even run at all on older machines with single videos.  Out of all the video editors I've used, Davinci is the most particular about the hardware it needs to see to run properly.

I must say, I have pretty much no (zero) knowledge about graphic cards. I bought my PC during the graphic card shortages at the end of 2021 (due to crypto I think? And shortages due to covid), so the only thing I could get was an MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GT LP. This is a card from 2017. 

It does all my multicam stuff easily in 1080p. Haven't tried 4K. My jam videos with all kind of additional graphics with a length of around 6-7 minutes, render in a couple of minutes.

But (and it's a huge Nicki Minaj but), I have absolutely no idea if I'm using the card at all, I could be rendering with my CPU (a pretty powerful i9 12900k). That's about my level of competence with graphic work. 😅 But I guess DaVinci goes for the dedicated graphics card as a default?

1 hour ago, Nick Blanc said:

I must say, I have pretty much no (zero) knowledge about graphic cards. I bought my PC during the graphic card shortages at the end of 2021 (due to crypto I think? And shortages due to covid), so the only thing I could get was an MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GT LP. This is a card from 2017. 

It does all my multicam stuff easily in 1080p. Haven't tried 4K. My jam videos with all kind of additional graphics with a length of around 6-7 minutes, render in a couple of minutes.

But (and it's a huge Nicki Minaj but), I have absolutely no idea if I'm using the card at all, I could be rendering with my CPU (a pretty powerful i9 12900k). That's about my level of competence with graphic work. 😅 But I guess DaVinci goes for the dedicated graphics card as a default?

Well first of all your i9 alone outclasses the vast majority of computers in the wild.  Then adding a Video Card on top of that (which is still fairly modern) and you clearly meet the it should work spec.

The average person these days has a laptop (your machine will smoke many pretty expensive machines these days) so you are far from a normal use case.  Not even close.  

Davinci would run without your GPU with that kind of processor, but yes, Davinci should in theory be looking for the GPU when it was installed.

• Like 3