What are the deals you really want to see?

Magic Russ

For me...

I want to see EZBass come down.

I'd like to see a cheap GR7 upgrade. (looks like that is on the table)

I'd like to see Overlouds's vocal processor thing be their annual holiday $30-ish no-brainer.

I'm hoping that the tradition of cheap EZKeys expansions is still a thing, and that the ones they select to be on sale are ones I don't have.

I'd like to find the plugin that can make my modest acoustic with a sound hold pickup sound like a well mic'd guitar in a room at a no-brainer price.

I'll probably take advantage of a few discounted libraries from AAS, Arturia, Overloud (Rematrix).

I am hoping that everyone who has contributed great holiday gifts in the past will continue that tradition.

Finally, I am hoping that everyone gets the deals on things that are right for them.

• Like 4

I got what I wanted. I bought 3 PA F29 codes to round out what I wanted.

And then I was reminded that I have a $100 discount voucher for PA MEGA, via ProTools Inner Circle. I bought the yearly subscription for $199 and I now have immediate access to all new plugins from today forward and in one year I can choose 10 of those for ownership.

• Like 2

To me would be a sale to complete Kilohearts bundle, a good deal on Neural dsp Archetype : Tim Henson, as well as, in UVI’s Percussion Factory

In a more eccentric temptation ive been looking at Cinesample’s Musio 1 too, but the limitations of that platform (when compared to kontakt) scare me a bit

Edited by GoncaloL
  • Like 1

I've long been thinking about  Ben Oesterhouse's Pathfinder Cello and Soneximema's Solo Cello. Bunker Sounds Viola sounds gorgeous, but it's already on sale and I'm trying to manage my spending pretty carefully this year plus I just bought an 8Dio library that has a solo cello that might be all I need (the reality is, my three SSDs are near capacity and I have a new one sitting around that needs to be installed, so yes, I just bought a bunch of sample libraries I can't install until I install the new SSD). 

If there's a huge discount on a Toontrack drum library I'd absolutely snap it up. So there are certain libraries here and there that if they are discounted enough, I'll buy them. From Toontrack's deep discounted flash sales last year, that I think were at least 70% or more off, they've taught me to hold out for the next one of those. I'm ready this year (I hesitated last year, then I forgot to buy by the time the sale ended). 

Edited by PavlovsCat

55 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

Additionally though, if there's a huge discount on a Toontrack drum library I'd absolutely snap it up.

Chances are their classic SDXs will go on sale (though not sure if it'd be classified as huge). For the newer ones, your best bet will be to buy the 3-pack serials. Personally, I'm a bit low on both disk space and wallet power to go for the new expansions.

1 minute ago, antler said:

Chances are their classic SDXs will go on sale (though not sure if it'd be classified as huge). For the newer ones, your best bet will be to buy the 3-pack serials. Personally, I'm a bit low on both disk space and wallet power to go for the new expansions.

I even keep checking the unfortunately named KnobCloud for deals on Toontrack libraries, but I think the fact that Toontrack charges a $15 transfer fee keeps even ezX resale prices a bit inflated. I picked up Abbey Road Moder Drummer for around $21 the other week (yes ,I realize no one seems to talk about that library, but I like it) which seems ridiculously cheap, IMO.   

3 hours ago, audioschmaudio said:

U-he Zebra still is on my wishlist.

Were you thinking about buying the Zebra Legacy or are you trying to find the original Zebra 2 on the second hand market? Because every now and then there is someone selling the latter, albeit not very often.

Sonible smart:bundle for their anniversary price + whatever the new de-esser is on top. Doubtful it'll happen.

I'd like to see Strezov Sampling discount stuff for 50+ % off but I doubt it'll happen either.

Maybe Orchestral Tools have cooked something really nice up?

Maybe some historical lows on some particular Melda stuff?

Perhaps Best Service's Forest Kingdom 3 if it goes down, but kinda wish they'd use a different player.

Interested in seeing what Spitfire Audio is bundling up in this year's Ton.

So basically, a lot of hopeful uncertainty.

The only certain thing at the moment will be a few ddmf plugins on Friday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pseudopop said:

Were you thinking about buying the Zebra Legacy or are you trying to find the original Zebra 2 on the second hand market? Because every now and then there is someone selling the latter, albeit not very often.

Zebra 2 second hand is an option too, but I haven't seen a good offer yet 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Kirean said:

Sonible smart:bundle for their anniversary price + whatever the new de-esser is on top. Doubtful it'll happen.

I'd like to see Strezov Sampling discount stuff for 50+ % off but I doubt it'll happen either.

Maybe Orchestral Tools have cooked something really nice up?

Maybe some historical lows on some particular Melda stuff?

Perhaps Best Service's Forest Kingdom 3 if it goes down, but kinda wish they'd use a different player.

Interested in seeing what Spitfire Audio is bundling up in this year's Ton.

So basically, a lot of hopeful uncertainty.

The only certain thing at the moment will be a few ddmf plugins on Friday.

Strezov  is on NI

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/nks-partners/strezov-sampling/exclusive-choir-bundle/

25 minutes ago, Kirean said:

Damn. Almost got my hopes up but not looking for any choirs anytime soon. Thanks for the heads up though. Is there a list of other 3rd party deals on NI?

it should be one level up. a few bundles on there. pretty nice deals but not really my thing . I am looking around and doing cals. The new Ableton jump is not looking that bad for me. When I start comparing prices and what I may want to use and get into, an upgrade to K14 and a sonicue bundle I want would cost me about as much as a upgrade to Ableton 12 suite. hmm.. decisions decisions...

Edited by telecode 101