Ableton 12 to be released in early 2024

Szilárd

Well... I have seen a system requirement that has broken my heart :(

There are many people using macOS 10.15 (Catalina) with Intel processors

Very disappointed with this... I think that we (macOS 10.15 users) should have to continue with Ableton Live 11 Suite

To purchase a new computer only to use Ableton Live 12 is not an option,... for me and for other people

image.png.287305ba126c962a9c04f86efeeeee63.png

Edited by Niky Serrano

Upgrades, cross-grades, grade-grades . . .

Is an "upgrade" from Standard to Suite, or 10 to 11, or both?

I have Live 10 Suite, so . . .

"Upgrade to Live 11 Suite, Original price USD 229, now USD 183 Save 20% on Live 11 now and get Live 12 for free"

Is ProTools still doing the annual "1-Year Software Updates + Support Plan"? I thought I'd read somewhere that they were discontinuing doing that (wishful thinking?)

Trying to see how much $$$ I will have available for BF Toontrack if I do both Ableton and PT . . .

3 hours ago, Nick Blanc said:

Interesting. Looks like a lot of workflow upgrades rather than groundbraking innovations.

Suite upgrade is 199 but now with 20% off for 159 and you pay when 12 is released.

Odd; my Suite upgrade from 11 is $183.00. 

Pretty disappointing that Ableton has now apparently decided that none of its Live releases will make it to a .5 anymore.  This one seems even more feature-underwhelming than 11 but I'll likely do it anyway. 

Edited by Anxiousmofo

I'm getting a bit excited. Perhaps. I hope so. They have a new CC control device. And I REALLY hope that would work over USB MIDI with a selectable channel. Because that would mean I can modulate every synth I have that accepts midi cc messages.

And I hate the term gamechanger as it is often misused. But that would be an absolute gamechanger for me and my hardware jams.

9 hours ago, Anxiousmofo said:

Odd; my Suite upgrade from 11 is $183.00. 

Pretty disappointing that Ableton has now apparently decided that none of its Live releases will make it to a .5 anymore.  This one seems even more feature-underwhelming than 11 but I'll likely do it anyway. 

Wondering if someone would see past the shiny and new.   They are still one of the few DAWs left that still have two machine limit.    Comparing Live to other DAWs is apples and oranges.  The GUI is basically designed for laptops. I'm a fan of Live but at some point it's getting harder to bite when I've bought 2 licenses.   Multiple DAWs can be an expensive hobby.

But I'm sure I'll end up with 2 licenses of Suite again. 

Edited by kitekrazy