Ableton 12 to be released in early 2024

Szilárd

So I'm currently running Reaper and was thinking about possibly getting into Ableton due to the price of entry not being too outrageous.

I've also tried Waveform and Mixcraft and neither of those seem 'fun' to use with their own little quirks.

I mainly work in MIDI and I take there's not too much difference between Standard and Suite? I really can't see much of a reason to cough up a few hundred more for Suite.

Or would some other DAW better support and co-exist with Reaper (Studio One? Cubase supposedly has the best midi controls, but I take the more exclusive ones are in the most expensive package.)

3 hours ago, Kirean said:

So I'm currently running Reaper and was thinking about possibly getting into Ableton due to the price of entry not being too outrageous.

I've also tried Waveform and Mixcraft and neither of those seem 'fun' to use with their own little quirks.

I mainly work in MIDI and I take there's not too much difference between Standard and Suite? I really can't see much of a reason to cough up a few hundred more for Suite.

Or would some other DAW better support and co-exist with Reaper (Studio One? Cubase supposedly has the best midi controls, but I take the more exclusive ones are in the most expensive package.)

What does that mean?  I guess all of my DAWs coexist.   Live differs in having less screen real estate working in midi.  There is no separate window for midi like other DAWs.  You resize all of your work areas.   Suite offers more instruments. They only plus I find for the Suite is Max4Live whee you can learn to create devices and there are plenty you can buy,

5 hours ago, Kirean said:

Standard is fully sufficient, especially if you already own a lot of plugins and samples.

But still, I think that the price difference for Suite is absolutely justified. You really get a whole lot of instruments and samples, a better sampler, some synthesizers, effects plugins and Max4Live. 

Max4Live was the reason I bought the Suite edition. There are some cool Max4Live devices on the market, like Song Sketch 2 that lets you turn your session clips into a whole arrangement based on arrangement templates, with the click of a button. Learning how to create your own Max4Live devices takes some time, but they provide a lot of free tutorials and example devices that guide you through the process. I must admit that I haven't taken the time myself to do that.

Edited by audioschmaudio
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, audioschmaudio said:

Standard is fully sufficient, especially if you already own a lot of plugins and samples.

But still, I think that the price difference for Suite is absolutely justified. You really get a whole lot of instruments and samples, a better sampler, some synthesizers, effects plugins and Max4Live. 

Max4Live was the reason I bought the Suite edition. There are some cool Max4Live devices on the market, like Song Sketch 2 that lets you turn your session clips into a whole arrangement based on arrangement templates, with the click of a button. Learning how to create your own Max4Live devices takes some time, but they provide a lot of free tutorials and example devices that guide you through the process. I must admit that I haven't taken the time myself to do that.

Sampler and other instruments are meh if you have Kontakt.  I've deleted most of that content Sampler has never been updated.

Max4Live is well worth it.  Plenty of free Max devices.  Song Sketch is a favorite of mine.