Universal Audio UAD Signature Edition Upgrade from any UAD Plugin 44 titles for $299.50

cclarry

Just saw an email from Universal Audio on the 6th of November.

Subject: Last chance to get 80% off UAD plug-ins.

This is your last reminder!

There are just hours left to get more than 50% off Native UAD bundles – that's up to 80% off per plug‑in with these savings!

Don’t miss out on the analog tone you’ve been looking for.

Hurry before Bundle Month is over! Ends 11/6.

Compare this (attached) with the $299 deal on offer a day later.

Bad faith marketing if you ask me. Using fomo tactics to get people to buy a deal you're about to significantly better the next day. Tsk tsk tsk. Way to burn bridges with your customers to make a fast buck.

Screenshot_20231108-160226_ASUS_Launcher (1).jpg

Edited by Craig N
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, GoncaloL said:

I dont know what is happening in PB but lately there is a great discrepancy in €€223,45€ vs 199,50$
Im in Portugal

AFAIK, there is no tax on software in the US, but in Europe, such as Germany, there is a 19% tax.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Pragi said:

AFAIK, there is no tax on software in the US, but in Europe, such as Germany, there is a 19% tax.

But this discrepancy seems to happen only with some vst brands.

Just now saw a Cherry Audio sale and the price is similar, maybe it has to do with if the company is based in US or not, dont know

22 minutes ago, GoncaloL said:

But this discrepancy seems to happen only with some vst brands.

Just now saw a Cherry Audio sale and the price is similar, maybe it has to do with if the company is based in US or not, dont know

Yes, there are a lot of possibilities, it could also be the PB Shop did'nt realize that you are based in Europe   ,not locked in aso.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kevin H said:

I waaaaaay overpaid during initial native plugin bundle release and fell for the “don’t miss out as prices will never be this low again” marketing.

You were definitely not alone there, I'm sure a whole bunch of people did.

I think we get better anticipating over time, but I've still pulled the trigger on plugins at a good sale price, only to find them cheaper, or free as a giveaway down the track!

8 hours ago, MusicMan said:

First round will probably be just seeing who they can fool into getting to pay for the full bundles and rebuy the products they already own and then they will probably make the upgrade  pricing available to those of us that aren't prepared to do that like me 🙂

they definitely fooled me :D I almost cried when I did the math, but since I got an apollo x8 for free (long story :p), and I'm loving Luna with API summing and unison so far, I can't really complain.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, pollux said:

they definitely fooled me :D I almost cried when I did the math, but since I got an apollo x8 for free (long story :p), and I'm loving Luna with API summing and unison so far, I can't really complain.

I think most people in this forum would cry if they did the math in general.. Haha..

Apollo x8 for free sounds like quite the score, so you did well! Love it 🙂

after passing on UAD for years given the lack of reasonable upgrade offers for previously owned products, took a look at the latest bundle and must say i'm a bit shocked at just how drastically their pricing has changed. the signature bundle even includes "vaporware" (i.e. the Sound City whatever it is) ?!

haven't followed the chatter but comes across as a bit desperate given their legacy, perhaps signalling some impending change? or just the harsh reality of commoditization impacting their bottom line?  they've always been usable quality standards, but there are plenty of highly competitive alternatives.

... whatever, got my attention, looks like a very good time to upgrade some existing versions, pick up native versions and add some 'staples' at a very low price to help with cross platform projects. of course, the ones used the most are not included (emt140/250, neve bundle) but have alternatives, so np. 

hit up their support and expect to check a forum or two with these questions. but any comments based on your experience are appreciated

? do native versions count as separate instances from DSP versions (thinking to run native on a laptop, keep the rack mounts as DSP and /or native)

> assume these are separate vsts, just not sure about the licensing

? do the updated "Collection" versions automatically replace the "Legacy" versions in a project?

> doubt it

? are the updated "Collection" versions heavier CPU hits than the "Legacy" versions?

> possibly? given what i recall of their marketing

? has anybody noted any sonic difference in the "Collection" versions?

> 😄

? anything i missed? wait for a better deal?

> ya i know, wrong place to ask, but  this could be hard to pass up

over on the official forums they announced what the bundle to bundle upgrade offer will be

edit: this is only bundle to bundle, not anything like "complete your bundle"

Creative to upgrade to Producer for $50
Mix to upgrade to Studio for $100
Diamond to upgrade to Signature for $150

it should show up sometime in the future, no date yet

Edited by mister_tea
shorten post
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, mister_tea said:

Diamond to upgrade to Signature for $150

Nice. That actually brings it below 14 per new plugin for me. Hope they take a while for the deal to go up, though so I can restock my bank account.

Edit: Albeit, a hundred would have been better but maybe there'll be some loyalty vouchers...

Edit2: Posts below are right. Still shitty business practices.

Edited by Kirean

Bah.  This bundle to bundle upgrade pricing is stupid because it doesn't consider any plugins that are part of various bundles but which may have been bought as singles by the user. I have Creative and then several other additional plugins that are in the other bundles.

Not impressed. They were calculating the upgrades to the Diamond bundle based on individual plugins-- now this?  Guess I'll save money at least.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

11 minutes ago, kevin H said:

Totally agree.  It’s a half hearted effort at best….

Yep I will sit this out and wait for a better offer, next time they take into account what is owned and give a $50 coupon on top. Since they have done it before, they'll do it again probably in about 6 to 9 months.

UA is the new IK. 

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

Reading the official UAD forums, they are now not only changing what they had said/promised users , but are actively removing that language in various places (both only on their own site, but in external forums) whenever someone in the forum brings it up. It's hard to believe a company can ruin its reputation as fast as Waves did, but seems UAD has now done that. 

https://uadforum.com/community/index.php?threads/universal-audio-uad-signature-edition.67013/page-21

And you can page back through this...

Edited by Barrie
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Barrie said:

Reading the official UAD forums, they are now not only changing what they had said/promised users , but are actively removing that language in various places (both only on their own site, but in external forums) whenever someone in the forum brings it up. It's hard to believe a company can ruin its reputation as fast as Waves did, but seems UAD has now done that. 

https://uadforum.com/community/index.php?threads/universal-audio-uad-signature-edition.67013/page-21

And you can page back through this...

Yeah I took Drew at his word. Big mistake. He obviously doesn't call the shots, and the people who do couldn't care less whether their official representative has any credibility whatsoever.

Fool me once, shame on you (UA).

• Like 1