Cubase 13 is out (not a deal)

Greg

5 hours ago, Cookie Jarvis said:

Hey Zo, if you're on 8.1 you can install 12, if you're on 8.0 you can probably install 12 through other means ;)

I ran Cubase 11 in Win7 with no issues  :)

Bill

Installer won t allow , it says os not enougth ....

I’m looking at the crossgrade option to Cubase 13 Pro from Studio One Pro…at present there’s a price of £308 on Steinberg’s site, but it says “coming soon”. When available, will resellers (which ones?) be a better option or do you have to buy direct? 

I did install the LE version of it and some new features are kind of neat until you decide to use them.

- MIDI Remote (I know the feature was introduced in version 12 but I haven't used it) looks like a cool idea if all you have to map is one of the controllers which are already there or simple stuff. If you have to create your own thing for it, you have to not only manually set things up, but more advanced stuff requires programming in JavaScript.

- I looked at the Steinberg forums and a number of people with visual impairments are complaining about the new UI being hard to see, how you now can't tell which track is selected depending on the color options.

- Steinberg removed Beat Detector and told people that use it to just use the new Tap Tempo feature which has less functionality and also changes the project's tempo.

28 minutes ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

- I looked at the Steinberg forums and a number of people with visual impairments are complaining about the new UI being hard to see, how you now can't tell which track is selected depending on the color options.

It's not just visually-impaired people.

I have 20/20 vision and find the new GUI to be a *huge* downgrade b/c everything now is so uniform that I can't find anything w/o stopping to look for it.

And the colors/fonts are so damn bright that they all bleed together to form a phantasmagorical haze that would only have been welcomed in the '60s!

I wasn’t going to spend money on my studio this year, but this upgrade became one of the exceptions to confirm that rule. Very happy I did. Not a revolutionary upgrade but it irons out some significant annoyances for me.

yeah, the color scheme is a bit hard to look at but I spent some time tweaking it to my liking. Overall, I’m happy with upgrading, and it seems surprisingly stable so far for a Steinberg release.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

I heard when you close it, it really closes the whole app instead of 2 clicks.

That is kind of true.   It still leaves the intro window open, but not the actual DAW.   It is better behavior, but not exactly what I would want.