IK Product Manager updated to 1.0.9

asprog

8 minutes ago, antler said:

Is this one still flagged as malware?

looks ok so far

I think they've changed the way they've packaged the installer so it's harder to scan - still not signed however :(

Edited by simon
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

IK PRODUCT MANAGER

Your software is outdated

Please click on the button below to download the newer version of IK Product Manager

DOWNLOAD

This doesn't fix a bug I had the last time I ran IK Product Manager. It still says I need to update even more products (Sounds) than ever before. All of the ones allegedly needing to be updated are now expired even though I had recently downloaded or updated everything (or almost everything).

The last time this happened, there were only a handful of products that had expired that allegedly needed updating. Now there are ten.

So, is the product manager wrong in saying that I need to update those Sound Content Products for some odd reason or did IK really update the Sound Content Products?  

Maybe with new products, they might have changed the format of the files or the way they are registered or something like that.

I suppose I can try the Install All Sounds button.  Maybe that will resolve the discrepancy.

Edited by User 905133
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, User 905133 said:

I suppose I can try the Install All Sounds button.  Maybe that will resolve the discrepancy.

UPDATE (3 + hours later): the dots that move around in a circle inside the lightened IK Product Manager UI are still circling. Task manager has shown that something is happening.  Anytime I looked there were 4 sub-processes listed. Almost every time I looked two were at 0% of my CPU (never > 0.2%) and the other two were almost always >0% each generally ranging from 2% to under 4% of my CPU. I see no evidence that IK files were downloaded or that an IK log was written to. The free space available on each of my hard drives is the same as it was 3 + hours ago. Time/date stamps don't show any new IK files.

15 hours ago, User 905133 said:

11 hours ago, User 905133 said:

UPDATE (3 + hours later): the dots that move around in a circle inside the lightened IK Product Manager UI are still circling. Task manager has shown that something is happening.  Anytime I looked there were 4 sub-processes listed. Almost every time I looked two were at 0% of my CPU (never > 0.2%) and the other two were almost always >0% each generally ranging from 2% to under 4% of my CPU. I see no evidence that IK files were downloaded or that an IK log was written to. The free space available on each of my hard drives is the same as it was 3 + hours ago. Time/date stamps don't show any new IK files.

UPDATE (11 + hours later): evidently task manager was showing me the activity for the circling UI dots.  😞  As soon as I minimized the IK Product Manager UI, Task Manager reported 0% activity.  

So, 10 products under the Sound tab still show  Update  instead of Installed .  I will contact IK Support to see (1) if I really need to update those sounds, and (2) if so, what they recommend. 

16 hours ago, User 905133 said:

This doesn't fix a bug I had the last time I ran IK Product Manager. It still says I need to update even more products (Sounds) than ever before. All of the ones allegedly needing to be updated are now expired even though I had recently downloaded or updated everything (or almost everything).

The last time this happened, there were only a handful of products that had expired that allegedly needed updating. Now there are ten.

So, is the product manager wrong in saying that I need to update those Sound Content Products for some odd reason or did IK really update the Sound Content Products?  

Maybe with new products, they might have changed the format of the files or the way they are registered or something like that.

Same here with Syntronik 2 99, Syntronik 2 Blau, Syntronik 2 Bully, Syntronik 2 CS, Syntronik 2 SAM, Syntronik 2 SH-V, Syntronik 2 V-80, Syntronik 2 VCF3, Syntronik GS-V, and Syntronik Syner-V...

Sounds need to be updated but expired downloads!

32 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

UPDATE (11 + hours later): evidently task manager was showing me the activity for the circling UI dots.  😞  As soon as I minimized the IK Product Manager UI, Task Manager reported 0% activity.  

So, 10 products under the Sound tab still show  Update  instead of Installed .  I will contact IK Support to see (1) if I really need to update those sounds, and (2) if so, what they recommend. 

if its just sounds, you can also download sounds individually in zip and dmg format .

FWIW.. what i do is I download all the sounds in both windows and mac formats and saved them on an external drive. it took a long time first time around,  but it was sort of worth it. i was able to get to sounds easily when i moved machines.

• Like 1