Not To Worry - Collaboration from Daryl 1968 and Lynn

Lynn Wilson

Two weeks ago, Dary sent me some instrument tracks to develop into a song, and here is the result:  https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=14668987

I received from him tracks with drums, the opening guitar riff, synth bass, a sampled funk guitar, and a synth rhythm track.  These became the intro, verses, and pre-choruses.  I wrote the chorus and provided the words, melody, bass, additional drums, and more guitar.  Daryl sang backup on the choruses to supplement my vocals.  Considering how fast this came together, we come here looking for your ideas and suggestions.  As always, thanks so much for your time and effort!

• Like 7

This is really good. Great collaboration by two of my faves on the song forum.
Wonderful opening guitar. Production is top notch as is Lynn's vocal.
One thing I noticed is the gtr at 2:30. Seems like it should move up a bit, at least to my ears.
Good job!
-Bjorn

• Like 2

18 hours ago, daryl1968 said:

you did a great job on this Lynn

And, it started with you, mate!  That awesome guitar riff was a good starting point!

16 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

This is really good. Great collaboration by two of my faves on the song forum.
Wonderful opening guitar. Production is top notch as is Lynn's vocal.
One thing I noticed is the gtr at 2:30. Seems like it should move up a bit, at least to my ears.
Good job!
-Bjorn

Thanks, Bjorn!  Your words always mean a lot to me.  You're right about the guitar - next pass.

On 10/19/2023 at 2:35 AM, Supa Reels said:

Nice work guys ... very nice work 👊 and from most probably two of the best songwriters here in Cakes playground

ATB

Steve

Steve, you are too kind!  Much appreciated!

22 hours ago, mark skinner said:

Great  collaboration ! There sure is a Lot of cool stuff in this one. I Really liked the funk guitar sections and the mix sounded nice , even without my decent headphones on this laptop. Excelllant job.     mark

Mark, this means a lot coming from a master like you!  Give Daryl the credit for coming up with some inspiring tracks.

22 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

Hi Guys

Really like this - some very nice Guitar

Mix is clear, vocals excellent - super groove drives this along

Great Collaboration  - really enjoyed this

Nigel

Thank you, Nigel.  You may have had a role in this by raising the bar around here!

10 hours ago, Larry T. said:

Excellent. The rhythm/percussion and guitar loops are killer. They fit like a glove. I'd trim around a minute by shortening a verse a two for higher impact and to help maintain the high energy🎶🎶🎶🎶

Thanks for your kind words, Larry!  I had hoped that I trimmed the fat off of this enough, but perhaps not?

• Like 1

Great work guys!!!  The forum is full of talent and you to are among the top.  This is absoflippinlutely excellent. I don't know if it was intentional but this song has a bit of a Latin Afrobeat style to it.  Particularly that guitar panned left and the percussion.  That is one of my new favourite styles.

• Thanks 2

On 10/20/2023 at 12:36 PM, Terry Carroll said:

Well done guys! reminds me of Eric Clapton a bit the the verse. 

Thank you, Terry!  I'm glad you're back on the forum!

13 hours ago, freddy j said:

Great work guys!!!  The forum is full of talent and you to are among the top.  This is absoflippinlutely excellent. I don't know if it was intentional but this song has a bit of a Latin Afrobeat style to it.  Particularly that guitar panned left and the percussion.  That is one of my new favourite styles.

Good to hear from you, Freddy!  Give Daryl all the credit for the feel and format.  I love that style, too.  All in all, we're just trying to keep up with all the prolific songwriters around here like you.

13 hours ago, Ross Smithe said:

Outstanding collaboration guys! Very cool from the opening riff and throughout. Great solid groove and guitar work, and engaging vocs as well. Great work!

Ross, thanks so much for your encouraging words!  It means a lot coming from you!

• Like 1

On 10/17/2023 at 11:37 AM, Lynn Wilson said:

Two weeks ago, Dary sent me some instrument tracks to develop into a song, and here is the result:  https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=14668987

I received from him tracks with drums, the opening guitar riff, synth bass, a sampled funk guitar, and a synth rhythm track.  These became the intro, verses, and pre-choruses.  I wrote the chorus and provided the words, melody, bass, additional drums, and more guitar.  Daryl sang backup on the choruses to supplement my vocals.  Considering how fast this came together, we come here looking for your ideas and suggestions.  As always, thanks so much for your time and effort!

Wow - very cool collab!  Sounds great.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, bats brew said:

that was cool!

reminds me a bit of robert Palmer's more progressive stuff he did before Power Station

love all the guitar ear candy

the vocal stays front and center without being too loud and karaoke... nice job!

like the smooth bass line.

Rob, thanks a  million for weighing in on this!  I've learned a lot from listening to you over the years.  Nobody does it better than you.  Your words are very encouraging!