Arturia launches MiniLab 3 Alpine White Special Edition

satya

https://www.arturia.com/products/hybrid-synths/minilab-3-alpine-white/overview

This redesigned version of Arturia’s keyboard controller bestseller comes with Analog Lab Intro, Ableton Live Lite, Native Instruments The Gentleman, UVI Model D, a 2-month subscription to Loopcloud, and 40 free lessons on Melodics.

MiniLab 3 Alpine White is a music-making controller keyboard with a fresh makeover. Control music software, create your own tracks with inspiring sounds & samples, and get playing with comfy keys & pads – all in dazzling white.

Priced 99 EUR/USD, the MiniLab 3 Alpine White controller is available to purchase at the Arturia store and from dealers worldwide.

Arturia-MiniLab-3-Alpine-White.jpg.webp

• Like 1

Arturia Marketing Review

Dateline: Summer 2023

Venue: Arturia HQ

Jean Paul le Boss: Bonjour Henri, tell me your ideas for our next hardware release.

Henri le Marketeer: How about a tiny controlleur that looks like someone spilt some bleach on a white one.

A dog barks.....JP notices for the first time the dog sitting next to Henri. "Does you dog bite?"

Henri: No.

JP reaches down to pet the animal and gets bitten on the hand. A little angry now, he says " I thought you said your dog did not bite ?"

Henri: That is not my dog.

JP: (sighs) Well, anyway...... I'm not sure that the world needs a tiny controller that looks like someone spilt bleach on it. Do you not think it's about time we actually released the full range of Mk3 controllers seeing as Native Instruments have announced theirs already and may well gain valuable sales at our expense?

Henri: No I do not.

JP: Because ?

Henri: There was an accident at the factory. You know how Claude is always trying to look younger? Well, he noticed his reflection in the plastic mould machine and saw the beginnings of some grey at his temples. You know how vain he is....anyway, he decided that he could cover it by going blond and this had to be done immediately before anyone noticed it was a cover up rather that just him being trendy. Unfortunately while doing this he spilt his hydrogen peroxide in the plastic making machine and now all our plastic looks like this.....

JP: Does anyone else know this ?

Henri: I had to tell Pierre, the accountant, because we needed to buy some new plastic. He said that plastic cost a fortune because it was specially made by his woke friends using only unicorn farts and squirrel tears,  so we can't buy any more until we have used that, so........  " Alpine White Special Edition?"

JP: Oh FFS, alright then....

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Lionel said:

Endless rotary encoders are waaay more useful than faders IMO.  

Obviously this is true for some people and false for others.

If you really love rotary encoders, I would encourage you to build your own with as many encoders as you want. There's tons of info available on DYI projects to be found.  And, it's easier to drill holes for rotary encoders than sliders!!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

Obviously this is true for some people and false for others.

If you really love rotary encoders, I would encourage you to build your own with as many encoders as you want. There's tons of info available on DYI projects to be found.  And, it's easier to drill holes for rotary encoders than sliders!!!

Good to know.  Sounds interesting.

As for faders, unless they’re recallable/motorized, it’s literally just a weird experience(for me, at least… I’ve got those faders on my Arturia 61 keys).  Also, for such a compact and portable product, I can only imagine those faders breaking off at some point if you transport in a not-so-secure backpack.

2 hours ago, Lionel said:

If Arturia didn’t add the faders, I’d be all over this. I could use a portable controller. Endless rotary encoders are waaay more useful than faders IMO.  

I find rotary more useful for a mini controller too. The minilab ii is still easily available. 

• Like 1