IK Multimedia launches Pianoverse

satya

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/pianoverse/

IK Multimedia has announced the release of a new virtual instrument that combines the world’s finest concert-grade pianos with inspiring, cinematic effects.

Pianoverse is an incredibly versatile virtual piano instrument that excels wherever a world-class piano sound is needed, from classical concerts to blockbuster movie soundtracks to live jazz performances.

With an initial series of 8 remarkable instruments slated for release, the first pianos available now are based on a Yamaha CFIII Concert Grand, a Yamaha U5 Professional Upright, a Bösendorfer 280 Vienna Concert and a Steinway & Sons New York D-274.

Pianoverse for Windows and Mac (VST/VST3, AU and AAX) is available now as individual pianos at an introductory price of 99.99 USD/EUR per piano (regular 129.99 USD/EUR). All-access monthly and yearly plans are also available starting at 14.99 USD/EUR per month or 149.99 USD/EUR per year, giving access to current and newly released pianos without limitation

• Like 3

Interesting move from IKM.

As much as I love some of their other instruments (B3) and effects (Sunset Sounds Studio Reverb), they're pitching this at an odd level. Before I'd bite on any of these, they'd have to convince me they're absolutely light years ahead of the Sampletank pianos, because even the add-on ones aren't any better than OK.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Craig Fowler said:

Interesting move from IKM.

As much as I love some of their other instruments (B3) and effects (Sunset Sounds Studio Reverb), they're pitching this at an odd level. Before I'd bite on any of these, they'd have to convince me they're absolutely light years ahead of the Sampletank pianos, because even the add-on ones aren't any better than OK.

Agreed.  SampleTank pianos are nowhere near the same league as good KONTAKT piano libraries. Even the NI piano libraries that come with KOMPLETE Standard are far superior to the ones for SampleTank. NI's Noir, included with KOMPLETE Standard,  is my go to acoustic grand piano and I own a good deal of piano libraries from various KONTAKT developers, but Noire is just gorgeous to my ears. It was actually made for NI by Galaxy Instruments,  FTR. 

• Like 2

Thank you for the comments.  Outside of being deeply sampled and using great pianos that were prepared (well not "prepared piano" but you know what I mean) and tuned by a true master of that specific art, there are some very cinematic/otherworldly/etc sounds with Pianoverse so I hope it hits the mark for some here.

Here's a cool third party video I found this morning, too:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1