IK Product Manager Updated to 1.0.7

cclarry

WOW. 

When did they reduce the number of authorizations?  I thought it used to be 10 per product?

For each (software?) product you have 10 authorizations (more generous than some other manufacturers).

The IK Product Manager now allows you to de-authorize a machine, freeing up more authorizations automatically. With 10 authorizations provided, you can easily move between machines as needed, adding and deleting authorizations as you go.

Edited by User 905133
to add quotes

5 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

WOW. 

When did they reduce the number of authorizations?  I thought it used to be 10 per product?

Maybe each time you get a new product that includes a new license for a product you already paid for they reduce the number of Authorizations?

Maybe each time you run Product Manager it takes away some Authorizations?

For most current IK products I authorized one computer.  For some, I first had them on an older PC.  That's two computers.  I also had some on my laptop to see how they worked there.  So if I started out with 10 authorizations, why does product manager say I have 3 left for some products or 4 for some or 5 for some? 

Even the IKPM page product manager page shows images with 9.

I think I know what happened.  I had the problem where I had updates but now downloads left.  So IK was "kind enough" to give me 180 days.  So I bought a 2TB external SSD to download the files there.  But they didn't go there.  So I had top download them to my PC's HDD BU first (external storage) and then copied them.  But I ran out of storage on the BU device.  So I had to delete them as I moved then to the SSD.

Then I discovered that a lot of the downloads times out and were on BU storage as "Unconfirmed Downloads" (or whatever they call it when the downloads don't finish properly.   

So, I chose "retry" and a number of the uncompleted downloads finished up. But I still have over 70 that I didn't complete before the 180 days was up.  For example: Unconfirmed 277758.crdownload .

If my suspicion is correct (not sure, though; you never can tell), even though I have multiple licenses for almost all my IK products, I seem to have been "charged" [authorizations] for all those downloads.

Either that, or the IK Product Manager that just came out has some errors (aka SNAFUs).

1 minute ago, Brian Walton said:

Yeah, something changed.  I'm down to 3 authorization left across all my products which is certainly inaccurate as the base used to be 10 as of the last time I ran this.

Hopefully a temporary mistake on IKM part as this would be a major move in the wrong direction.  

You're not alone.  I found myself down to 3 authorizations as well.

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, ralfrobert said:

I checked, and all my licenses went down from 10 to 5 authorizations total. That's IK. 

1 minute ago, Magic Russ said:

You're not alone.  I found myself down to 3 authorizations as well.

Thanks for the confirmation that its not something I did.

A couple of minutes ago I realized that I only have 4 authorizations for TONEX CS, which I only put on one PC and haven't downloaded any models since the first few weeks I got it. 

This f-ing company.  Mine count is down too.  

Do they sit around in meetings thinking of ways to screw their customer base and find new ways to foster resentment towards the company?  They have some GREAT products, but man, instead of actively listening to their customers... who regardless of our complaining probably still want the company to do well, and even exceed.... but they seem to be in a race with themselves to get to the bottom as far as customer satisfaction goes.   

17 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

Yeah, something changed.  I'm down to 3 authorization left across all my products which is certainly inaccurate as the base used to be 10 as of the last time I ran this.

Hopefully a temporary mistake on IKM part as this would be a major move in the wrong direction.  

Someone also mentioned it on their forum.  BTW does this happen on the account webpage?