Coming up… Softube Console 1 and Fader MK III

Yan Filiatrault

• Yan Filiatrault changed the title to Coming up… Softube Console 1 and Fader MK III
2 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

It looks cool but man, that is a lot of $$$. Does it really make that much difference workflow wise?

For me, absolutely.  It's the the best audio product I've ever bought. Cakewalk has full integration too which really helps. 

It's a bit of a departure at first, but once you commit to it, it becomes as important as the DAW. The main thing for me was that it stopped me buying countless plugins I didn't need. I choose a few C1 channel strips and learned them well. It makes everything much quicker, and mixing is genuinely more enjoyable. It's hard to conceive what it's like until you have C1 instances all over a project and you can just fly through a mix. This new model should only make things better. 

Happy to see a new Fader with scribble strips. It was such an oversight not including them on the original version. I'll definitely get that once it comes out. The MKII consoles don't even feel dated at this point, so I'll likely stick with the standard channel for a while, but I'll wait and see. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, e-cue said:

Console 1 Channel Mk III Walkthrough – Softube

Preorder on Sweetwater is $550.  I expected it to be higher.

Hi e-cue, do you have a link, or perhaps they took it down? I see the MKII for $500 but a couple announcement places and Thomann are suggesting the MKIII price will be higher, list 899 USD / 995 EUR 

Edited by mister_tea

22 hours ago, mister_tea said:

Hi e-cue, do you have a link, or perhaps they took it down? I see the MKII for $500 but a couple announcement places and Thomann are suggesting the MKIII price will be higher, list 899 USD / 995 EUR 

So...what had happen’ wasssss...

I saw someone post a different price. Since it was on preorder, I figure- eff it and ordered then just in case (along with a P1 eurorack module preorder- don’t judge me). See the pic here:

ScreenShot2023-09-26at3_30_21PM.png.0415cf8bfbce710d67a292418a8c7d83.png

Now it’s $899.

So, if accepted, I get to do the “you are not the father” dance.  I’ll be bummed, but will understand if they chose not to honor it if it’s a price mistake.  The rep over there did text me (I put “please email or text me an ETA when you know” in the comments), “ETA for the Console 1 m3 is the end of October & eta for the PP1 is close to the New Year”.  

Edited by e-cue

mail from softube

We’re getting a lot of questions about the future of Console 1 Mk I and Mk II, and I just want to let you know that we will continue to support Mk I and II. You, the Console 1 users, are some of our most important users, and we won’t abandon you. During every step of the development process for Console 1 Channel Mk III, we have focused on existing customers, making sure we are backward compatible and that as many new features as possible will be available for Mk I and II users.

I’m quite certain you will enjoy the software updates with your Mk I or II unit. We’ve implemented a lot of requested features, such as the ability to access more parameters (for example, Knee and Range on Bus Processor) via shift, optional Auto Make-up on compressors, and a plug-in user interface that allows you to work without having the unit at hand, and many more improvements.

We appreciate your continued support and feedback. Please keep it coming! We're listening. 

• 4 weeks later...