Some Discord With Next Beta

sjoens

The beta download requires signing up with Discord, which took 3 "Invalid Invites" and a lot of confusion for it to work.  Then you have to search around the forum to find the beta link.  It's almost like they don't want you to find it.  Returning to the forums to leave comments requires a fresh invite.

Edited by sjoens

7 minutes ago, Larry Jones said:

I guess I'm not Next material. None of the thumbnails in the Captcha challenge were clickable, so I switched to the text challenge. I made it past "Is a camel an air-breathing invertebrate," but then it wanted my email address and password. So I withdrew.

I seriously doubt they wanted the password for your email account.

41 minutes ago, Byron Dickens said:

I seriously doubt they wanted the password for your email account.

Probably not. Most likely just some amateurish dialog design. Up to that point "we" weren't talking about opening an account (at least I wasn't). Also, I was joking.

image.png.92040d245dc6116022b33681131d2e1c.png

Edited by Larry Jones

1 hour ago, Noel Borthwick said:

No it isn't. There is a lot more beneath the surface and more to come of course. 

What you are reacting to is similar theming and branding that we following for our apps to look consistent. 

I didn't mean to belittle it... I was only commenting on the appearance. Not toy or child-like as the OP had posted, but similar in appearance to the browser...

I think I saw something I wasn't supposed to. There was a post a bit earlier (days) that showed the manual and I dared to browse it's contents. I didn't really check too many details as I didn't know the legitimacy of the doc I was seeing though it's content seemed too much for a joke...

It seems to offer plenty of power, though I don't think it's for me...

I am very happy with Cakewalk/Sonar and always have been. Yes, I have my wishes & complaints, but overall there's not a better DAW in the world for ME!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

That page is just the discord invite to switch to the app. Nothing to do with Next guys. We don't write the discord software 😂

and as a note: do not install discord on your PC, it takes over your system and is very hard to get rid of without a wipe and re-install of the OS and your apps... the discord web version is fine, and is designed for a younger crowd anyways... 🙂 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Glenn Stanton said:

and as a note: do not install discord on your PC, it takes over your system and is very hard to get rid of without a wipe and re-install of the OS and your apps... the discord web version is fine, and is designed for a younger crowd anyways... 🙂 

Thanks for the word Glenn!

I doubt I would, but now I know I won’t.

I've had discord on my iPad for many years where it causes no issues. Especially none related o any music gear!

A friend insisted I needed it for more secure communication only to drop it shortly after I got it. Then Cakewalk used it to handle their iPad app communication. It sits there getting updated periodically gut I don’t remember when I last opened it!

1 hour ago, Glenn Stanton said:

my kids (adults now) use it on their PC and then call me to complain about how much disk time, memory and CPU are being used since it's also trying to act as a sharing service etc. so definitely not good on a PC unless that's all you do on a PC 🙂 

Very sad!

I remember long ago making the same decision about not adding iTunes to a pc! I have iTunes on my apple gear only!

A bit of a pain for transference of music due to apples proprietary manner of controlling media... but not bad once setup. I share a mac/windows machine and simply boot to mac, then laod songs from the pc partition into itunes... Easy now!

How do we do that to discord? Any way to get it to echo to simple browser or some such?

Then again, as I'm not a beta tester for Next (Applied but didn't get the call) there's a chance I may never need it anyway as I fully expect I will be buying/installing Sonar immediately upon release but Next? Maybe check it out somewhere down the road if the price is right?

Edited by Keni
  • Like 1