2023.09 Feedback

Morten Saether

4 hours ago, Mark Morgon-Shaw said:

I use it a lot and I've noticed no difference in that respect here.  

Just like me, many here seem to have issues with Audio dropouts and the like since recent update.

I wonder is it a Audio I/F diver thing that it and CW latest update are not playing nice together? We all use an Audio I/F but different ones. For example i use an Audient EVO 4, other Focusrite and so on. Are people who are lucky enough not having problems using an I/F thats plays nice with the latest CW update? 

Might be helpful if people w/o issues and with mentioned there Audio I/F and spec maybe? 

Besides the audio dropouts this new update seems to have screwed up my VSTs, started getting errors in projects that the VST could not be found. Have had to reset and rescan. Also the presets originally selected get lost.

Edited by aidan o driscoll
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, aidan o driscoll said:

Might be helpful if people w/o issues and with mentioned their Audio I/F and spec maybe? 

I'm not having these issues.

This sort of thing is why it's a good thing to do to list your system specs in your sig, as I do.

In addition to what's listed in my sig, I also use the Realtek onboard in my laptop (WASAPI Exclusive) and a Presonus Studio 2|4 (ASIO, natch).

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

I'm not having these issues.

This sort of thing is why it's a good thing to do to list your system specs in your sig, as I do.

In addition to what's listed in my sig, I also use the Realtek onboard in my laptop (WASAPI Exclusive) and a Presonus Studio 2|4 (ASIO, natch).

Dont know what it is tbh.

Via ASIO or WASAPI exclusive I get the same thing. CW audio glitches, gaps and eventually falls over with Audio Engine drop out - on various project files with midi, just wavs, both. Pre this version I had no issues for a long long time, worked like a dream. It seems I am not alone here either.

I am also noticing presets, particularly in ARTURIA vsts being dropped / reset every time I open the project

I also have Ableton 11 Standard and Fruity Loops .. along with Reaper, all working perfectly. I even recreated the same project in all 3 DAWs and they all work fine with it - 3 audio guitar tracks, 4 midi tracks using Arturia synths and efx.

So for now, sadly, Ill have to stick with Reaper & other DAWs listed to get work done. In CW I have over 50 projects at various stages over the years. Im just hoping another bug fix turns up for CW or the new version comes along soon, sub or otherwise

SPEC - Core i5, 16gb Ram, 2TB Samsung Evo SSD, Audient EVO 4 I/F ( Asio )

Edited by aidan o driscoll
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

On 10/5/2023 at 10:08 AM, Mark Morgon-Shaw said:

Because I rarely use them and they waste space in the console buss view ...so it ends up like this

image.thumb.png.f8d9231c5c7272c877b536ea63803c1f.png

Instead of this

image.thumb.png.3868e134c8fd25f21a3feec677200a05.png

I just make sure those two busses are always last. Then they never really interfere.

9 minutes ago, sreams said:

I just make sure those two busses are always last. Then they never really interfere.

Still annoying though especially if you have a lot of busses.

I've started a new project tonight and can confirm they won't stay hidden. This has not happened in previous versions AFAIK as I've always had them hidden.

Now I can't permanantly hide them, they just re-appear when the project is re-loaded

Annoying

Edited by Mark Morgon-Shaw
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Mark Morgon-Shaw said:

Still annoying though especially if you have a lot of busses.

I've started a new project tonight and can confirm they won't stay hidden. This has not happened in previous versions AFAIK as I've always had them hidden.

Now I can't permanantly hide them, they just re-appear when the project is re-loaded

Annoying

Confirmed this is a regression - it's been fixed for the next update.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, msmcleod said:

Confirmed this is a regression - it's been fixed for the next update.

This is very good, because, contrary to what many users here insist with the most varied arguments when justifying information about reported bugs, it is important to know that the team is always attentive to, in fact and tirelessly, verifying the existence of the bug.

Many of them, in fact, true and existing.

The issue of the low performance of this latest update is something that, I reiterate, is certainly also being verified by the developers to whom I congratulate.

Is there a forecast for the release of a new update?

• Like 1

Another problem is the staff rendering (this is for the last 2 recent builds).

First, if the staff window is moved partially off-screen, the notes are  rendered correctly during playback - only the note stems are displayed, not the notes themselves.

Second, with this version it started rendering the notes that are normally rendered as playing one after another in a single voice, as overlapping 2-voice, with stems up and down. I checked durations and start times - there is no overlapping. Sometimes it even happens on copy-paste - I copy the single-voice bar and paste - and the pasted one is rendered as 2-voice.

Could you please fix these, they are really annoying and are make Cakewalk close to unusable.

And lastly, TTS-1 gives noise during playback instead of music. Despite having a powerful gaming PC, the only way to get rid of this noise is to go to TTS-1 settings and tick "light load". But on Cakewalk restart it's noise again, and I need to repeat setting this tick every single time. Could you please fix?

I know there is no hope for the staff view EVER being fixed! It's always been a sore spot with me.

Somewhere along the line the staff view has lost the capability to place sustain pedal info in the display!!

The older projects I have loaded still show the sustain pedal events both in the event list and the Piano Roll view in the controller window but it does not show the P or * on the notation window. Also, if I press the pedal mode button to input a pedal event, it doesn't input anything!

I know that this is not important enough to most users but I have read and written notation for most of my life! Things like this pedal info is crucial to piano parts and was one of the features that brought me to Cakewalk!

I hope that when the pay version becomes available that you have fixed at least this important feature in the staff view. For me, I would be sadly disappointed if it's not!

I would love to continue to use Cakewalk having done so since Pro Audio 9. I have stuck by this product for all this time through the Roland buyout, into the Gibson fiasco ( yes, I paid for the lifetime updates, too) and thankful that Bandlab brought us back to life! 

I hate having to consider working without it but this feels like being thrown under the bus again if you decide to terminate the free version at anytime! 

Now, one of the features is gone that I use on a regular basis and I don't think it will be fixed at all before CbB is toast.

Not mad! I'm just trying to wrestle with some pretty negative feelings about something that was so positive in my life!

I ask that you please consider fixing these bugs before you leave a lot of us in the lerch!

Maybe you could consider continuing to make available CbB and just throw out an update 2 or 3 times a year! I know I speak for a lot of us that would be more than happy to use it until they were financially able to step up to the paid brand.

Anyway, didn't mean to gripe but losing this pedal function is a pretty big deal for me.

Thanks for your time and I hope you will think about fixing some of this before you cut us loose!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sidney Earl Goodroe said:

I know there is no hope for the staff view EVER being fixed! It's always been a sore spot with me.

Somewhere along the line the staff view has lost the capability to place sustain pedal info in the display!!

The older projects I have loaded still show the sustain pedal events both in the event list and the Piano Roll view in the controller window but it does not show the P or * on the notation window. Also, if I press the pedal mode button to input a pedal event, it doesn't input anything!

I know that this is not important enough to most users but I have read and written notation for most of my life! Things like this pedal info is crucial to piano parts and was one of the features that brought me to Cakewalk!

I hope that when the pay version becomes available that you have fixed at least this important feature in the staff view. For me, I would be sadly disappointed if it's not!

I would love to continue to use Cakewalk having done so since Pro Audio 9. I have stuck by this product for all this time through the Roland buyout, into the Gibson fiasco ( yes, I paid for the lifetime updates, too) and thankful that Bandlab brought us back to life! 

I hate having to consider working without it but this feels like being thrown under the bus again if you decide to terminate the free version at anytime! 

Now, one of the features is gone that I use on a regular basis and I don't think it will be fixed at all before CbB is toast.

Not mad! I'm just trying to wrestle with some pretty negative feelings about something that was so positive in my life!

I ask that you please consider fixing these bugs before you leave a lot of us in the lerch!

Maybe you could consider continuing to make available CbB and just throw out an update 2 or 3 times a year! I know I speak for a lot of us that would be more than happy to use it until they were financially able to step up to the paid brand.

Anyway, didn't mean to gripe but losing this pedal function is a pretty big deal for me.

Thanks for your time and I hope you will think about fixing some of this before you cut us loose!

I am convinced that this team of developers and the company itself will not launch a new product, leaving behind countless bugs in the legacy version.

I thought that this would be a very dangerous strategy, when we know that there will be several platforms for the creation and production of

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Milton Sica said:

I am convinced that this team of developers and the company itself will not launch a new product, leaving behind countless bugs in the legacy version.

It's not a new product; for all intents and purposes, it's just another update, and updates are no longer free. As with virtually all superceded software, previous versions will not get updated with either new features or bug fixes. There is nothing unusual in the way this is being handled.

If some really significant regression in usability with broad impact can be verified before Sonar becomes available, I'm sure the Bakers will consider a hotfix.

And FWIW, I'm still seeing pedal markings in the Staff View here.

• Like 3