Don't Wait (SubVibe collab) #3

mark skinner

Hello , here's a new one that needs finalizing. There's a good bit of acoustic guitar mixed with my G&L and synth work.  I could really use some guidance on EQ , instrument and vocal levels. So .. that's about everything.  I think it's getting close but , I'm not trusting my ears right now . I'm into one of those 6 month tinnitus reoccurrences. This time I've gotten the unusual "broken speaker effect".  It had me swapping out everything including my interface. Now it's subsided to just the ringing.  Thank You for the listen and any comments ..   mark                Links now reflect remix 1  (per suggestions).      Thanks            mark

https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=14655929

Edited by mark skinner
remix 1
  • Like 6

EQ: the bass elements (direct injected?, synths?, guitar?) can all be brought up around 1 to 2dB, the lead guitar riffs can also be eq'ed up around a dB, the percussion elements can also be eq'ed up around a dB.

Instrument Levels: bring bass up 1 to 2dB, drum kit elements up 1dB, sounds like there's a couple of string synths that can be about 1 to 2dB louder, all acoustic guitars sound great.

Vox Levels: Lead vox sounds great, i just hear your vox....don't hear the girl from SubVibe at all.

Great work and collaboration so far🎶🎶🎶🎶

Edited by Larry T.
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Larry T. said:

EQ: the bass elements (direct injected?, synths?, guitar?) can all be brought up around 1 to 2dB, the lead guitar riffs can also be eq'ed up around a dB, the percussion elements can also be eq'ed up around a dB.

Instrument Levels: bring bass up 1 to 2dB, drum kit elements up 1dB, sounds like there's a couple of string synths that can be about 1 to 2dB louder, all acoustic guitars sound great.

Vox Levels: Lead vox sounds great, i just hear your vox....don't hear the girl from SubVibe at all.

Great work and collaboration so far🎶🎶🎶🎶

Exactly what Larry said!!

Enjoyed this, sounds good

Nigel

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank's Guys. @Rikkie Appreciate you commenting. Yeah this tinnitus thing is a real pita. @Larry T. Thank's for the detailed response. Exactly what I asked for. I'll post a remix soon . Bringing up the bass guitar alone has made a Big difference and it allowed me to make further changes.

12 hours ago, Larry T. said:

don't hear the girl from SubVibe at all.

She's M.I.A. on this one. You are stuck with just me on vocals.  I miss her too . @jack c. Thank You , I'll look at the harmony's again before the remix. @Bajan Blue Thanks for the comment. It's nice to have conformation before commiting to changes. (especially from your talented perspective)            Later ..   mark

• Like 1

Hi Mark, couldn't let the day go by without something on this new song you've posted . . . unfortunately, no incisive mix suggestions or helpful comments today, all I got today is that I absolutely love the vocals you've captured in this one, another great collaboration with SubVibe , this one with more marked guitars up front.

• Thanks 1

Very nice Mark.
Sorry for the delay in replying..
I have always loved your vocals and guitar playing.

We all paint different pictures...  but I would like to hear more low end  and a few more instruments.
Its not often vocalist puts himself higher than everything else... they usually shy sway  🙂
Its the first time I have heard your mixes do this.

Would love to have a go at this one...  I love this kind of style.
well done mate.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

Hello Guys , @hsmusic Thanks for listening and taking the time to comment.

On 9/20/2023 at 11:42 PM, noynekker said:

this one with more marked guitars up front.

Thanks Bruce. The "marked guitars" comment may lead to a new song title.👌 @Lynn Wilson We both have appreciated your support and comments on our collabs and seperate songs . @paulo I appreciate that. I've found that not much sounds good on my lappy without decent headphones. @garybrun Very nice to hear from you! I know how busy you've been and still offered to do a remix. Files are sent.   This one has made it back and forth from the exotic state of Alabama to the Netherlands and now Norway.          I love the internet.     We'll appreciate any further comments or crits , but I won't bump the song up untill Gary works his magic.  Thanks mark

Edited by mark skinner
  • Like 2