UVI Synth Anthology 4 is out - Discover your upgrade offer!

cclarry

10 hours ago, Promidi said:

Can someone who has SA4 on UVIWorkstation 3.1.12 and select any 28. machine preset and post what happens.

When I select any 28. machine preset,  I get SA4 display an error mesage "Unable to load the convolution reverb data from'SFalcon
Resources.ufs/Samples/Convolver/Speaker/Champion.wav'" and "Unable to load the convolution reverb data from'SFalcon
Resources.ufs/Samples/Convolver/Speaker/bass Green.wav'"

I have reported this to UVI support but I just want to make sure it's not just me.

I am getting this too.

I have Sonic Pass and have everything installed and upto date so its not like its looking for something in an uninstalled library.

I am also seeing the same problem in Falcon.

1 minute ago, Vernon Barnes said:

I am getting this too.

I have Sonic Pass and have everything installed and upto date so its not like its looking for something in an uninstalled library.

I am also seeing the same problem in Falcon.

I just got a reply from UVI support. 

They have acknowledged this issue and it will be fixed in the upcoming version 1.0.1 of Synth Anthology 4

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Promidi said:

I just got a reply from UVI support. 

They have acknowledged this issue and it will be fixed in the upcoming version 1.0.1 of Synth Anthology 4

Thanks for the info.  Means to download 20GB again. 😕

14 hours ago, Scott H said:

Does it make any sense to get Synth Anthology if you already have Vintage Vault?

They are quite different, SA has more breadth and VV has more depth.

VV is a collection of instruments, each focused on sample-based emulation of specific synths and with a UI specific to each instrument.

SA however has a selection of samples and a common UI for manipulating al of them, and this version also lets you "morph" between 2 sources.

SA is based on a larger collection of synths but VV has a large number of samples from each original synth.

In summary - Yes, it may make total sense having both, depending on what features you are interested in

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Scott H said:

Does it make any sense to get Synth Anthology if you already have Vintage Vault?

To my knowledge, there is no overlap between them.  It's composed of sounds that are not in Vintage Vault.  

So... do you want the additional sounds?  Do you like the UI?  

• Like 2

First impressions. There are some nice sounds in here, while the default interface screen is a bit naf, clicking on the instrument illustration beings up the editing parameters for that layer which are on a par with a lot of sample bases synths with volume and filter envelopes, filter types and filter cutoff, resonance and drive  etc. so there is scope for sound shaping but sounds will of course be limited to the original sample.

Where as SA3 has a second simple bass layer here we have two full layers with separate editable parameters. As far as this type of sample based synth goes it is pretty versatile.  IK Syntronic is the obvious comparison. SA4s browser is easier and Syntronic requires you to layer in a multi, which sounds best will be a matter of personal taste.  SA3 has some nice touches if you are looking for "happy accidents"

A downside for me  with most libraries of this type is browsing through a zillion presets looking for a start point. NKS compatibility or at least NKS style audio previews would be useful.

4 minutes ago, Vernon Barnes said:

First impressions. There are some nice sounds in here, while the default interface screen is a bit naf, clicking on the instrument illustration beings up the editing parameters for that layer which are on a par with a lot of sample bases synths with volume and filter envelopes, filter types and filter cutoff, resonance and drive  etc. so there is scope for sound shaping but sounds will of course be limited to the original sample.

Where as SA3 has a second simple bass layer here we have two full layers with separate editable parameters. As far as this type of sample based synth goes it is pretty versatile.  IK Syntronic is the obvious comparison. SA4s browser is easier and Syntronic requires you to layer in a multi, which sounds best will be a matter of personal taste.  SA3 has some nice touches if you are looking for "happy accidents"

A downside for me  with most libraries of this type is browsing through a zillion presets looking for a start point. NKS compatibility or at least NKS style audio previews would be useful.

I need ya on this one : can you tell me if like in V3 we can choose "raw wave forms" as a part source

image.thumb.png.9a477121a3b5d6f0bf78f6f0d6f53b19.png

In this exemple osc B is an ob-x saw

Thks !!

Edited by Zo

6 hours ago, Zo said:

I need ya on this one : can you tell me if like in V3 we can choose "raw wave forms" as a part source

image.thumb.png.9a477121a3b5d6f0bf78f6f0d6f53b19.png

In this exemple osc B is an ob-x saw

Thks !!

I believe the feature you have depicted here is the layering of a sub oscillator waveform, which was a feature unique to the Synth Anthology 3 sound engine; the new Synth Anthology 4 sound engine is all about layering two complete synth patches instead.  

The sub-oscillator waveforms from SA3 (https://uvi.s3.amazonaws.com/SC87-Synth_Anthology_3/synth-anthology-3_manual.pdf) are not included in SA4 (https://uvi.s3.amazonaws.com/SC117-Synth_Anthology_4/synth-anthology-4_manual.pdf).  There are some layers included in SA4 with names that sound basic (e.g. CCK-NTS Saw; CCK-NTS Sine; etc.); likely some custom patches which simply used a particular synth hardware's basic waveforms.

Edited by ToneDeF
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I have to say I'm a bit disappointed about the upgrade price. I purchased Synth Anthology 3 for about $50 a couple of weeks ago thinking I might get v4 cheaper that way.

(Faking) loyalty is not rewarded, it seems. Not that it's anything new in this business.

Edited by pseudopop
  • Sad 1

Oh man, the new interface makes this infinitely better than version 3, at least for me.  I bought SA3 about a year ago, played with it for a few days, and then it just sat there.  I just couldn't get into the way it worked.  I liked the sound but not the process.  So far, SA4 feels much more inviting for discovery where the last version I felt like I was constantly being held back.  I'm obviously in the honeymoon phase having just bought it today, but I'm so far I'm liking it a LOT more.  But then again, I'm just a hack, banging away at the keys and coming up with cool sounds and not someone who's deep in synths, so.....  who knows how it'll hold up in a few months.  Worth the 50 bucks though.

• Like 2

I think i m gonna skeep ot for now , one of the str.ength of sa3 was that it wasnt vulgarous and seted well on the mix , i m scared that this two patches thing will be omnispheresque and will ead to in your face patches fun to play but hard to make work in a mix .

The over concern is cpu hit , uvi last releases are loaded with fx anf handles polyphony like crazy bolemia ...

curious to olso have a feedback in that aspect .