Universal Audio 1176 Classic Limiter Collection Super Flash Deal

cclarry

Even if you own other 1176 emulations… this is THE one to get. Amazing quality. I already own this… worth every penny for the regular price I paid. 

UA are on a roll.  Just an amazing price right now… One of the easiest no-brainer purchases ever.

• Like 4

If you were able to buy the Creative bundle, you should have a personal $25 code on Universal Audio's own site. Combined with the Laborday code (available at checkout [not sure if it has limited uses]) you can drive the price down to ~20 USD.

Edited by Kirean
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kirean said:

If you were able to buy the Creative bundle, you should have a personal $25 code on Universal Audio's own site. Combined with the Laborday code (available at checkout [not sure if it has limited uses]) you can drive the price down to ~20 USD.

It's $89 with code: LABORDAY2023 @ uaudio.com(and I'm not sure if codes can be stacked).  Definitely a better deal at Audiodeluxe.  I'd save that $25 code for another product at uaudio.com.

6 minutes ago, Lionel said:

It's $89 with code: LABORDAY2023 @ uaudio.com(and I'm not sure if codes can be stacked).  Definitely a better deal at Audiodeluxe.  I'd save that $25 code for another product at uaudio.com.

Oh the they stack alright!! I got the 1176 bundle for $14US 😁

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Lionel said:

Nice! Good to know! 👍

I actually like the Waves CLA76 but want to get away from them and demoed this a little while ago and it was as good and better than Waves, but no WUP and even cheaper than the regular $29 Waves "sale" price!

I would've snatched the Overloud GEM at $29 from AudioDeluxe which I also demoed at the same time but the UAD just had the edge. Overloud Comp76 is really good too though.

Later CLA76 🙂

Edited by MusicMan
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

25 minutes ago, MusicMan said:

I actually like the Waves CLA76 but want to get away from them and demoed this a little while ago and it was as good and better than Waves, but no WUP and even cheaper than the regular $29 Waves "sale" price!

I would've snatched the Overloud GEM at $29 from AudioDeluxe which I also demoed at the same time but the UAD just had the edge. Overloud Comp76 is really good too though.

Later CLA76 🙂

That's exactly what I'm doing as well.  I'm trying to phase out my Waves plugins, especially with UA plugins.  If ever to invest in a software emulation of the hardware, it definitely is nice knowing that you're getting the one made by the same company.

Edited by Lionel
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

8 hours ago, Sergio said:

So many 1176 versions out there. Any opinions on how it compares with the Purple Audio MC77 from Plugin Alliance?

image.png.4500daf4835d86cedbaf66e74f2b738a.png

This is also a good plugin too. But I do prefer the UAD for vocals over this and that's the main thing I wanted the 1176 for. MC77 is great for drums and can be really aggressive if required and some of the options in the bottom panel are convenient at times. They're really quite different in the way they react and the sound, but I'm still glad I have both.

Edited by MusicMan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TheSteven said:

If I could get it for $14 I'd grab it.  At $39 I'll have to pass.

Well... me too. I have the Waves. Arturia, IK, Plugin Alliance and probably some other versions I'm forgetting. And because I'm lazy (and they're so good) I'm mostly using the sonible plugins for compression and limiting anyway. I'll find a better use for those $39.

Edited by Sergio
  • Like 1

First-time users of the UAD plug-in should note the following.

If you are logged on as a standard user and your DAW is set up as administrator, the following phenomena have been reported in a number of cases.

https://help.uaudio.com/hc/en-us/articles/14996936104468-Native-UAD-Plug-in-GUI-Blurry-or-Too-Large-on-Windows

https://uadforum.com/community/index.php?threads/blurry-guis-on-all-my-uadx-plugins.58430/

Be sure to try the demo!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Jesse Bruce said:

First-time users of the UAD plug-in should note the following.

If you are logged on as a standard user and your DAW is set up as administrator, the following phenomena have been reported in a number of cases.

https://help.uaudio.com/hc/en-us/articles/14996936104468-Native-UAD-Plug-in-GUI-Blurry-or-Too-Large-on-Windows

https://uadforum.com/community/index.php?threads/blurry-guis-on-all-my-uadx-plugins.58430/

Be sure to try the demo!

Interesting...
and slightly disappointing.  I've had to deal with kind of issue with apps written with older programming SDKs.  Most likely to bite you if you have one of the smaller 4K monitors and need to use text scaling so that menus and program text isn't microscopic. 
A fix not mentioned is to downgrade your display resolution (for example to 1920 x 1080) so that your scaling is set to 100%. It sucks to spend extra money on a high resolution monitor and then not use it that way, but on my last day gig it was the only fix for an app that many people were required to run to do their job.

Thankfully not my issue, hopefully not yours.

Note if you try to move the VST3 plugin out from the "C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\uaudio_polymax.vst3" folder you'll have a different kind of blury issue because the plugin stores its resources in under "C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\uaudio_polymax.vst3\Contents\Resources" instead of any of the standard Windows locations.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1