Waves Platinum Flash Sale

D-Fused Sounds

15 hours ago, Kirean said:

Haven't bought a single Waves product and seen a bunch of people get acid reflux when saying the name out loud. So, from what I gather, they've got decent/good products but lots of anti-consumer stances? The ones I know about have to do with one machine activation limit and that they tried to get rid of the perpetual licences? 

Any other reasons to skip, what seems like a pretty decent deal with the discount?

You also only get two years of updates, so if you're not subscribed, or paying WUP again for the plugins you've already bought, then no updates.

This affects Mac users more, as it's pretty common for a new OS from Apple to not be compatible, so you might want to upgrade your OS, or buy a new computer and if 2 years has passed since you bought Waves plugins, you're sweet out of luck unless you pay them again to use your plugins.

It can affect Windows too, but less common, but if you have a problem and need tech support, after 2 years, they won't help you unless you pay WUP.

Terrible policies and many other companies provide free updates and support for 5, 10 years+

There are so many better choices.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Kirean said:

Thanks for the intel (be it yay or nay), all. Much obliged!

Now guess I'll have to mull over it fast, though.

There are almost more Waves "sales" than there are days in a year.. I would never feel rushed to make a snap decision for them.. if you miss the sale, in the long run you're probably better off for it anyway 🤣

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Grem said:

Waves plugins are some of the best out there. Always have been. 

Some don't like what they do, some don't like what they did, and some don't like what they think they will do, as a company. 

The only reason I see to skip is the one license deal. However, they do offer an option to put your license on a USB key. So you can take your license anywhere with you, plug it in to any computer. Effectively making the one license point moot.

Then there's WUP (Waves Update Plan). It's a update/support plan that you can buy if you want... but you don't need to. Your plugins will work as long as the OS supports a DAW the has VST support. But it is something to be aware of.

In truth, there is no reason to skip on this deal. There are some great plugins in the Platinum bundle. The first four are really great plugins that use very little cpu. When they were released back in the day, they were some of the best plugins you could get. And still to this day, they are really good plugins! Add the Electric Grand 80 Piano in there, along with all the Renn plugins, Waves Tune, and the V plugins... then you've got your money's worth in my book. And that ain't even half of what you get.

60 plugins for $100 equals $1.67 each. 

60 plugins for $74 equals $1.24 each.

You won't find a better deal on that kind of quality plugins.

I am now finding this after Total Max and Melda Complete this is very awkward thinking unless it's about hoarding plugins.  The WUP will rarely be at those prices and then you wait and wait to buy the new version if it ever goes on sale, 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

is very awkward thinking

No, it's sensible.  Without all the biased comments. 

Can you get better deals on this "quality of sound" plugin that you will never have to spend another dime on to use until you decide to spend?

Nothing awkward about that.

I am not trying to sway users here that are pissed/don't like/have issues with the company Waves. I addressed a forum member's question honestly and most importantly,  objectively. 

Now with regard to value and quality of plugin sound, I would say Melda's Free Bundle is hands down the best deal out there. 

IK TSM ... I am still on version 3, so that speaks for itself.

I am not arguing Waves case... I am just saying what I believe is truthful info so a forum member can make their own choice.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Grem said:

And I am not hoarding plugins. I use every one of the many hundreds I have... I swear.... I am... not hoarding plugins!!

LOL!! 

:)

If waves didn’t have the :

64 bit vst2

mono version

mono to stereo version

stereo version

5.1 version

7.1 versions

repeat with 64 bit vst3

I would probably could not qualify as a hoarder. 

• Haha 3