Waves Starts Now ⚡️ Half Annual Sale that's the SAME as Every Other Sale

cclarry

4 minutes ago, Kirean said:

I've missed out on all the waves stuff. Do they have any great/outstanding/essential plugins (that might beat the competition or provide an excellent price/quality ratio)? 

I only have the Renaissance series. The plugins are real classics that give you great results with only little work. 

5 minutes ago, Kirean said:

I've missed out on all the waves stuff. Do they have any great/outstanding/essential plugins (that might beat the competition or provide an excellent price/quality ratio)? 

You haven't missed out on anything.  Great alternatives elsewhere.  

Only thing I use them for is Clarityvx for a very specific task of isolating vocals from other random noises.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Kirean said:

Sure they have. They been around a long time. I have the dbx and puigtech often in my projects 

5 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

Sure they have. They been around a long time. I have the dbx and puigtech often in my projects 

Almost ironically you picked two of their plugins that have legitimate free competition let alone paid

https://www.patreon.com/posts/dbcomp-56933944

https://afa.productions/articles/top-3-free-pultec-eq-plugin/

And yes, WAVES makes stuff that sounds just fine, but there are plenty of reasons why they should be considered one of the first plugin makers to avoid.

• Like 3

On 7/24/2023 at 2:09 PM, Kirean said:

I'd say the only plugins you can't find versions of anywhere else are Abbey Road Plates and Chambers. Everything else has some sort of competitor out there, free or paid.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

I'd say the only plugins you can't find versions of anywhere else are Abbey Road Plates and Chambers. Everything else has some sort of competitor out there, free or paid. bass rider, 

I can think of a few more, like maxxbass/renaissance bass, sibliance, torque, smack attack , Brauer motion, inphase etc

2 hours ago, Joakim said:

I can think of a few more, like maxxbass/renaissance bass, sibliance, torque, smack attack , Brauer motion, inphase etc

- What MaxxBass/R-Bass do is apply a distortion to your signal  then high pass it in a parallel chain. you can do this with stock Cakewalk plugins even.

- Sibilance is just a frequency specific de-esser.

- Torque is a parallel notch filter which allows you to "tune your drums."

- Smack Attack is a bog standard Transient Shaper.

- Brauer motion is a binaural panner you can automate using LFOs and the like.

- This plugin outclasses Waves InPhase and it's free https://plugins4free.com/plugin/3176/

1 hour ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

- Torque is a parallel notch filter which allows you to "tune your drums."

Not exactly, it's a frequency shifter - not to confuse with pitch shifter. The frequency shifter will keep the frequencies relative thus giving great results when transposing sound.