(Not a Deal) Can anyone confirm this is a legit company? https://audiobro.com

El Diablo

Stay away….they make an amazing choir library called genesis that you won’t be able to resist and a library called modern scoring strings that has mesmerized me ever since I looked into their eyes…..run while you still can

• Like 8
  • Great Idea 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, kevin H said:

Stay away….they make an amazing choir library called genesis that you won’t be able to resist and a library called modern scoring strings that has mesmerized me ever since I looked into their eyes…..run while you still can

This isn't the Coffee House 🥺 It's the deals area where most people are serious, right? 🧐

29 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

It's the deals area where most people are serious, right?

One of the reasons I keep coming back to this forum is the comradery  among forum members.  There are serious money saving deals posted here but folks kid and give each other a hard time which helps pass the time between deals Larry posts haha

• Like 7
  • Great Idea 1

47 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

I just want to know if any of you have actually bought anything from audiobro before and if they can be trusted?

They are legit...and exceptional...and pricey at retail...best to wait for a sale

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, cclarry said:

They are legit...and exceptional...and pricey at retail...best to wait for a sale

If we go back a decade or more, these guys seemed to be one of the most respected names in orchestral  / cinematic libraries. They were gods over at VI-CONTROL before Spitfire became what it is today. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, El Diablo said:

This isn't the Coffee House 🥺 It's the deals area where most people are serious, right? 🧐

Please tell me you are joking. Deals is actually under The Coffee House. You should probably go elsewhere if you don't want some good natured humor sprinkled in amongst the deals.

• Like 6
  • Great Idea 1

28 minutes ago, Doug Rintoul said:

Please tell me you are joking. Deals is actually under The Coffee House. You should probably go elsewhere if you don't want some good natured humor sprinkled in amongst the deals.

Well, everytime I ask something serious in the coffee house, I get a bunch of nonsense as answers as if that section is for non-serious questions only.

Everything in the deals area seems more professional.

The two sections, even though deals is in Coffee House are two separate areas and personalities.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, El Diablo said:

Well, everytime I ask something serious in the coffee house, I get a bunch of nonsense as answers as if that section is for non-serious questions only.

The two sections, even though deals is in Coffee House are two separate areas and personalities.

I can confirm that people have a sense of humor over various sections of this forum. But most importantly, Kevin H's response to you above was lighthearted and in no way disrespectful, But if you're not a native English speaker it may not have been easy to figure out the nuances, that he was just conveying that Audio Bro makes great libraries using a bit of humor to let you know that you might like their libraries enough that you end up spending a lot of money there. 

A LOT of us -- me included -- are very well meaning and use humor regularly here and wouldn't have it any other way. But come on, if your user name is "The Devil," you must have a sense of humor too! So Kevin H actually deserves thanks for being helpful. His reply was actually really friendly and answered your question, albeit in a humorous way. In any event, we're all good. Humor is a great thing. I have a thread over in another part of the Coffee House that is just about really awful covers of songs. it's all about humor. I just keep worrying that someone is going to post one of my covers (ouch!). Now that I've written that, it's just a matter of time. 

cclarry's original posts may be all business, but it doesn't take much to bring out his sense of humor either! 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

Posting  not a deal thread in the deals section is going to get an all bets are off response.  😂

I do agree they feel very separate and many of us argued Larry's forum should not be buried under the coffee house.

I think there are less traffic areas that are for discussion related to vendors and non deals though.

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

many of us argued Larry's forum should not be buried under the coffee house.

I agree and not only am I a lifetime member of the coffee house, I'm a firm user of the deals section too.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, cclarry said:

Looks like they're currently having a sale with various discounts on a most (all?) their products.

For example:
Genesis
https://audiobro.com/genesis/
is currently  $189.00  53% Off from MSRP $399 - or is the sale price their normal price? (I'm not familiar with AudioBro)

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

Looks like they're currently having a sale with various discounts on a most (all?) their products.

For example:
Genesis
https://audiobro.com/genesis/
is currently  $189.00  53% Off from MSRP $399 - or is the sale price their normal price? (I'm not familiar with AudioBro)

That's the sale price...and as far as I know that's the lowest price every offered for Genesis

• Thanks 3

18 minutes ago, cclarry said:

That's the sale price...and as far as I know that's the lowest price every offered for Genesis

Yeah... I've got my finger hovering over buy since I made this post.  Just wanted to see how many have bought from that website and things went "a ok" with them.

In their download instructions... https://audiobro.com/audiobro-download-center/ it says "

Please take the following precautions:

1 Please disable any ANTI VIRUS software that may be operating on your computer
2  Please disable computer power-saving modes (you don’t want your computer to go to sleep after 15 minutes)
3 Wireless Ethernet is not as reliable as CAT5 or CAT6 cabled Ethernet.
4 Make sure you turn off firewalls and security apps that may interfere with downloading.
5 Make sure you have a good connection.
6 Make sure you have enough room on your disk.
7 If you are having issues, try installing it on an internal drive and then copying the folder to your Samples drive. Sometimes there are permission issues with certain drives."

They want you to disable all your security apps during the entire download???

Did anyone have to do that in order to install?

I thought their installer comes with certification from windows, right?

4 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

Yeah... I've got my finger hovering over buy since I made this post.  Just wanted to see how many have bought from that website and things went "a ok" with them.

In their download instructions... https://audiobro.com/audiobro-download-center/ it says "

Please take the following precautions:

1 Please disable any ANTI VIRUS software that may be operating on your computer
2  Please disable computer power-saving modes (you don’t want your computer to go to sleep after 15 minutes)
3 Wireless Ethernet is not as reliable as CAT5 or CAT6 cabled Ethernet.
4 Make sure you turn off firewalls and security apps that may interfere with downloading.
5 Make sure you have a good connection.
6 Make sure you have enough room on your disk.
7 If you are having issues, try installing it on an internal drive and then copying the folder to your Samples drive. Sometimes there are permission issues with certain drives."

They want you to disable all your security apps during the entire download???

Did anyone have to do that in order to install?

I thought their installer comes with certification from windows, right?

1 and 4 are excessive and unreasonable for something that costs that much.  Never used them but I'd keep everything active on the security front and ask the dev before purchasing if there is a money back guarantee if it fails to install while using basic security measures.  

• Like 1