(Not a Deal) Can anyone confirm this is a legit company? https://audiobro.com

El Diablo

I didn't disable anything.  I also just registered my key into Native Access and used that to download Genesis.  It was the same as any other Kontakt player library.   I wouldn't even worry about using their downloader. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, husker said:

I didn't disable anything.  I also just registered my key into Native Access and used that to download Genesis.  It was the same as any other Kontakt player library.   I wouldn't even worry about using their downloader. 

Oh! That's an idea.  Why would they want you to use thier downloader?

39 minutes ago, husker said:

I got an error "This serial had already been registered. If your account doesn't already contain this product, you can follow these steps..."

55 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

Yeah... I've got my finger hovering over buy since I made this post.  Just wanted to see how many have bought from that website and things went "a ok" with them.

In their download instructions... https://audiobro.com/audiobro-download-center/ it says "

Please take the following precautions:

1 Please disable any ANTI VIRUS software that may be operating on your computer
2  Please disable computer power-saving modes (you don’t want your computer to go to sleep after 15 minutes)
3 Wireless Ethernet is not as reliable as CAT5 or CAT6 cabled Ethernet.
4 Make sure you turn off firewalls and security apps that may interfere with downloading.
5 Make sure you have a good connection.
6 Make sure you have enough room on your disk.
7 If you are having issues, try installing it on an internal drive and then copying the folder to your Samples drive. Sometimes there are permission issues with certain drives."

They want you to disable all your security apps during the entire download???

Did anyone have to do that in order to install?

I thought their installer comes with certification from windows, right?

Sometimes there are 3rd party security suites that do overkill on systems.  This is just to unsure the best download speeds.  No one does that stuff.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheSteven said:

All of the web site demos for Genesis are dripping with reverb...  is the moisture baked in or optional?
I'd rather be able to use my own verbs (at least on occasion).  

As soon as I know, I'll let you know. Looks like Ice got a maybe a hour or two download.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TheSteven said:

All of the web site demos for Genesis are dripping with reverb...  is the moisture baked in or optional?

In the "mixer" section you can turn off allot of the effects.  I'll have to record a short demonstration of turning off all the effects and what it sounds like and post it on YouTube sometime.

In my opinion, you can still hear the reverb in the room after all the effects are turned off.  I didn't think you was suppose to hear that as they was suppose to sing in a treated room, right?  The reverb isn't noticable unless your a hobby or profession is in making music like us.  You've gotta have a ear for it.  The "room sound" would blend into the music unnoticed.

The sound isn't flat or without room with all the effects off.  If there's different microphone settings, I didn't find them yet.  If they have more than default mic positions, maybe getting a closer microphone would solve the roominess.

The information is based on my quick glance, I've not had much time to dive into this fully yet.  There might be other settings I'm missing?

I'll keep you updated as I explore it.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, husker said:

Do yourself a favor, watch all the videos they have on their site on Genesis.  They are very helpful. 

Husker, you have been very helpful 💯😁

Skipping steps 1 thru 3, and going straight to registering the key shown me I needed to contact them immediately to get them to fix my key and they did!  Also, you telling me I don't need their software downloader helped me too!  So, Thank you very much!

I used this library for the first time in my new song "Give A Damn Who I am"

For 30 seconds starting at 2:00 to 2:31 in the song.  I've got them saying all the vowels in rotation with look ahead enabled.

I'll still need to create a review of this plugin, and I plan that for tomorrow morning.

Hope this helps at least a little till then.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, El Diablo said:

Husker, you have been very helpful 💯😁

Skipping steps 1 thru 3, and going straight to registering the key shown me I needed to contact them immediately to get them to fix my key and they did!  Also, you telling me I don't need their software downloader helped me too!  So, Thank you very much!

Happy to help. 

• Like 1

On 7/5/2023 at 10:49 PM, TheSteven said:

I've created a new YouTube Channel for my plugin reviews (if I ever do this again).

Here's the requested video you requested.  I hope this helps.  If you need a different video, or me to do something different, let me know.  It took 4 hours to create on my very old computer.  There's a 2 second delay on the sound because recording on this old computer required it in order to record at the same time.  I usually use ASIO, but had to use DirectSound to screen record which caused a lot of static in the audio which forced me to increase the latency to 2 seconds!

P.S. please thumbs up this video so others can find it too. :P

• Thanks 1