Melda 16.09a beta is here... Not a deal

ralfrobert

11 hours ago, cclarry said:

I already have 16.07b...is this different?

I don't think Melda lists what changes are different going from beta to beta, let alone from beta to official release...
I could be wrong, just don't recall seeing such.

https://www.meldaproduction.com/downloads

16.07 changes (from 16.06)

• MGuitarArchitect Added a global tuner, polytuner and global doubler to MGuitarArchitect.
  • MDrumStrip Added Gate reduction indicator to all devices with a gate.
  • MSuperLooper Added new parameter “Immediate loop switch” which makes the switch between loops happen immediately.
  • MSoundFactory MPowerSynth Added piano view to MSoundFactory and MPowerSynth plugins, which allows you to play and view played MIDI notes.
  • MWobbler Added analyzer and visualization for used filters.
  • MDrumStrip Increased release time range for Tom & Tom bus devices.
  • MOscilloscope Added Gain parameter.
  • MTurboFilter Added FeedbackComb module.
  • MTurboDelay Added input gain and dry/wet lock to all devices.
  • Added “Nonlinear gain” feature to parametric & dynamic equalizers.
  • Added “Key (in octave)” mode to MIDI / Note controllers.
  • MDrummer Global FX enable and Follow MIDI is no longer loaded with drumsets.

Various small changes and improvements.

• Fix MDrumStrip MDrumStrip was inducing latency in some devices.
  • Fix AU GUI plugin size issues under macOS with multiple displays (Logic Pro, GarageBand).
  • Fix Plugins could incorrectly store certain paths and text featuring some characters.
  • Fix Mouse cursor behavior under macOS, when changing parameters (i.e dragging knobs).
  • Fix MDrummer MDrummer could crash in Bitwig in some cases.
  • Fix MDrumStrip Reverb in Tom bus device didn’t update all parameters properly when changing reverb algorithm.
  • Fix Setup may have caused errors (able to skip) when merging presets.
  • Fix Setting the default parameter value through the context menu did not update host automation.
  • Fix Hacked a bug in Ableton Live causing text input in the main plugin to ignore backspace and enter keys.

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 1

• ralfrobert changed the title to Melda 16.08 is here... Not a deal

New instrument, several fixes, NAM support, some other interesting additions. 

16.08 changes

MSoundFactory Added new instruments - Harper.

MSoundFactory MPowerSynth Added correct velocities and drag playing under mouse to piano view in MSoundFactory and MPowerSynth plugins.

MGuitarArchitect Added NeuralAmpLoader plugin to support Neural Amp Models (*.nam files).

MSuperLooper Added visualization of main loop position.

Added Tap feature to all time as text editors.

MTurboFilter Added fromm11 and tom11 functions to all expression evaluators (multiparameters, MTurboFilter..)

MCabinet Added ability to use more complex keyword expressions to “Analyze IR folder” feature.

MSoundFactory Added piano roll to several text edits, e.g. in Filters, where these depend on the Pitch mode setting.

Fix MSuperLooper Not recording in sync mode in Ableton under certain circumstances.

Fix MTurboComp MTurboCompMB had easy screen and was crashing when switching between devices.

Fix Mouse cursor behavior under macOS, when changing parameters (i.e dragging knobs).

Fix MTurboFilter Feedback comb in MTurboFilter was slightly out of tune for higher frequencies.

Fix MTurboDelay MTurboDelay devices had a backwards compatibility issue in the last update related to the new delay input gain parameter.

Fix MDrummer Mixer peak meters for overheads & rooms didn’t work.

• Like 2

• ralfrobert changed the title to Melda 16.08 BETA is here... Not a deal
  • ralfrobert changed the title to Melda 16.08 is here... Not a deal

16.08 changes

MSoundFactory Added new instruments - Harper.

MSoundFactory MPowerSynth Added correct velocities and drag playing under mouse to piano view in MSoundFactory and MPowerSynth plugins.

MGuitarArchitect Added NeuralAmpLoader plugin to support Neural Amp Models (*.nam files).

MSuperLooper Added visualization of main loop position.

Added Tap feature to all time as text editors.

Added text convertors to multiparameter’s expression value modes allowing to easily produce text such as “12.3 kHz” or “46.91 Hz - F#1 (+24 cents)”.

MTurboFilter Added fromm11 and tom11 functions to all expression evaluators (multiparameters, MTurboFilter..)

MCabinet Added ability to use more complex keyword expressions to “Analyze IR folder” feature.

MSoundFactory Added piano roll to several text edits, e.g. in Filters, where these depend on the Pitch mode setting.

MXXXCore MXXX MXXXCore now displays all unlicenced modules in the device (if any are missing).

Fix MSuperLooper Not recording in sync mode in Ableton under certain circumstances.

Fix MTurboComp MTurboCompMB had easy screen and was crashing when switching between devices.

Fix Mouse cursor behavior under macOS, when changing parameters (i.e dragging knobs).

Fix MTurboFilter Feedback comb in MTurboFilter was slightly out of tune for higher frequencies.

Fix MTurboDelay MTurboDelay devices had a backwards compatibility issue in the last update related to the new delay input gain parameter.

Fix MDrummer Mixer peak meters for overheads & rooms didn’t work.

Fix Multiband plugins didn’t update Solo button state when Mute was automated/modulated.

Fix Serial crossover in multiband plugins didn’t work properly when bands where bypassed.

Fix MXXX EqualizerLP didn’t store oversampling inside MXXX.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Brian Walton said:

NAM support is huge but can't wait to test drive to see what the CPU hit might be like.  

Aside from line in the change list
MGuitarArchitect: Added NeuralAmpLoader plugin to support Neural Amp Models (*.nam files).
what does this mean?

Not finding any info on Melda site

1 hour ago, TheSteven said:

MGuitarArchitect: Added NeuralAmpLoader plugin to support Neural Amp Models (*.nam files).
what does this mean?

Neural amp modeler is an open source Amp capture program (much like ToneX and some reports suggest even more accurate).  There are free amp profiles out now, and a few people even make paid packs for it.  Thus adding it to the program means we can get amp profiles along with meldas own turbo amp creations.  

And profiling with all the effects Melda has seems like candyland.

https://www.neuralampmodeler.com/

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TheSteven said:

what does this mean?

It is a program that profiles amps and allows you to copy the sounds. It is like ToneX or the Kemper. Unlike an amp model you can't really adjust the settings, however you do get a near perfect copy of the sound at whatever knob position you set you amp at. Now there are quite a few profiles(*.nam files) available for free and you can also make your own if you want. You can check them out here. https://tonehunt.org/popular

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Anyone else have difficulty installing this update?

I hadn't updated my melda fx in a while, but when I did the installation it just gave me an empty folder for 16.8

I tried installing the previous build 16.7 and that worked just fine.

Any ideas on why this might be?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Philip G Hunt said:

Anyone else have difficulty installing this update?

I hadn't updated my melda fx in a while, but when I did the installation it just gave me an empty folder for 16.8

I tried installing the previous build 16.7 and that worked just fine.

Any ideas on why this might be?

Same for me. Had to revert back to 16.07

Edited by TracingArcs
  • Thanks 1

I had the 16.08 beta.  That worked.  On top of that I installed the released version of 16.08.  I only tested a few plug-ins, but they worked for me. I will look in the VST3 folder.  Sec.

I just checked. Because of the issue reported, when I installed the released version of 16.08, I intentionally did not erase all previous versions.  So, my VST3 folder (and sub-folder) has all of the plug-ins from the date I installed the beta version of 16.08.

Hope this helps.

UPDATE: I tried it again. This time I did the quick check and then deleted the previous plug-ins (16.08 beta).  As a result my Melda *.dll and *.vst3 plug-ins were not installed.

MORE: Upon reinstalling 16.08 Beta, the installer (quick check / delete) confirms that the M*.dlls and and M.*vst3s had not been installed.

Edited by User 905133
Added more details; Added an update
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, User 905133 said:

I had the 16.08 beta.  That worked.  On top of that I installed the released version of 16.08.  I only tested a few plug-ins, but they worked for me. I will look in the VST3 folder.  Sec.

I just checked. Because of the issue reported, when I installed the released version of 16.08, I intentionally did not erase all previous versions.  So, my VST3 folder (and sub-folder) has all of the plug-ins from the date I installed the beta version of 16.08.

Hope this helps.

UPDATE: I tried it again. This time I did the quick check and then deleted the previous plug-ins (16.08 beta).  As a result my Melda *.dll and *.vst3 plug-ins were not installed.

MORE: Upon reinstalling 16.08 Beta, the installer (quick check / delete) confirms that the M*.dlls and and M.*vst3s had not been installed. 

I'm guessing from this that I probably need install the beta 16.08 before the proper release.

I'll see if the beta installers are there.

Nope. Just checked.

I can see from the KVR Melda forum that others have had issues with this release.

Edited by Philip G Hunt

The Windows install failure has been brought up by several people on the Meldaproduction forum, including me.

Confirmed that it only "works" if you tell it to skip the clean-up. Which results in the previous versions you had installed staying in place, although the UI says that they are 16.08. That's probably due to the Meldaproduction core not being a part of the .vst3 files.

It's a mess, and it's uncharacteristic of Melda to fail to address it within 24 hours. It's an installer, that ain't rocket science.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• ralfrobert changed the title to Melda 16.09a beta is here... Not a deal