Softube ⚡ NEW: Amp Room is revamped

cclarry

1 hour ago, Zo said:

guyz , ther's no more amp room ? you have to  choose vinatge , bass ect ? wtf ? 

I see all of them in my DAW. vintage, metal and bass. I also see 3 suites I am able to install and tried installing but it never says installed. but if i go through the new amp room and play around, i see various things on screen that claim it is from the metal suite or vintage suite. i see that new white amp head Vildsint (I have no idea what it is, i am a old blues player)  in my selections.

1 hour ago, Marc Cormier said:

Daaaaaaayum.   I love me some Amproom - nice free updated, even though it doesn't look like CPU hit has been addressed. I have to find some way to keep the current version so my presets still work.  It's not exactly clear what happens to your instances of Amproom already in projects.

the CPU hit on my main Intel Xeon DAW is around 7% idle. 10 to 12 %while recording. I haven't tried it on the M2 yet. 

So I spent a little bit of time tinkering with it and tried out the heavier distorted tones as that's what Softube are known for. Attached is the tinkering for posterity. 

So far I like it. Switching between Suite and Studio mode is really handy and great for usage and workflow as you can see the dials of what you are working on. The only hiccup is you are limited to number of virual effects in suite mode.  if you notice on the effects image, if you  add more that 4, you cant swirtch to suite mode. which i guess is fine as dont go too crazy with effects,m but some players who do heavier stuff, might find it an issue. 

It's $90 for me as well now. I picked it up. That's  a brainer. Oh well, I just blew the ToneX money I was saving up.

AR-2023-06-DIST-TEST.mp3

Edited by telecode 101
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

I have Paypal as a payment option.

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

No Paypal.  I don't know if it's Softube or the State of Michigan, but there is,
and has never been, a Paypal option on the Softube site here

I'm in Kalifonia and I do not have a PayPal option with Softube.

• Thanks 1

I just logged off work to have a play with this and I have to say....it's really good.  I love the cab updates - a ton more flexibility and more variety.  The new amps are excellent as well - more options, and good ones to boot.   Presets?  Yeah, they took some time with these new ones.  

I've used Helix Native as my main amp sim for a long time now but still struggle with the layout.  There's little joy in tinkering if you like to look at what the simulation is based on.  It's just not my cup of tea but it sounds great for my purposes.  With this update (and with the prior Amproom experience) it's just a joy to see the hardware so beautifully rendered.   And the sounds are top-notch, to boot.  I don' t make decisions based only on looks and sound, but on workflow, too.   Having said that, I really appreciate working with software that has been tested with an audience that appreciates quality from a bunch of different angles.  In this case, the design is definitely something that one should consider.  Hard to believe they were selling Amproom for $49 earlier this year.

I can't wait to jump into this more later in the week. 

Ok, so who in Europe used their VPN to pay as an American and screwed up PayPal for the US?
I'll have you know that we Americans can screw things up on our own quite nicely.  We don't need assistance.  So next time let us handle it. 

What?
Oh... Hmm, maybe that didn't come off as I intended.

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

I see all of them in my DAW. vintage, metal and bass. I also see 3 suites I am able to install and tried installing but it never says installed. but if i go through the new amp room and play around, i see various things on screen that claim it is from the metal suite or vintage suite. i see that new white amp head Vildsint (I have no idea what it is, i am a old blues player)  in my selections.

The product is not moved to "Installed" in Softube Central

When installing one of the Amp Room Suites they are not moved to the "Installed" tab but remain in the tab marked "Uninstalled". This does not mean that the installation failed, however. You should be able to run Amp Room now in your DAW. We are working on fixing this as soon as possible.

https://www.softube.com/support/known-issues/amp_room_installation

4 hours ago, Pluto Gabo said:

Anyone else not seeing Eden WT800 Bass amp appear in Amp Room post-update?

The following are not part of Amp Room, not included in the deal:

• Eden WT800 Bass amp
  • Marshall Murder One Lemmy Signature
  • Kerry King Signature
  • Marshall Plexi Super Lead 1959  (my bad, this is included)

Edited by TheSteven

41 minutes ago, Nicolas T. said:

I'm very desapointed by the New amp room : It's "crashing " every time... (in ableton live).

Maybe my laptop is too old ? The Last version was OK... 

I will check this evening to see if i run into any problems.

5 hours ago, Nicolas T. said:

I'm very desapointed by the New amp room : It's "crashing " every time... (in ableton live).

It works fine for me. Check in settings and disable the fancy metal settings. And any fancy video settings. 

5 hours ago, TheSteven said:

• Eden WT800 Bass amp
  • Kerry King Signature

It would have been nice if they included the Celestine speaker cab emu . 😟

6 hours ago, TheSteven said:

• Eden WT800 Bass amp
  • Kerry King Signature

I bought Eden separately, and it could be used in the previous Amp Room. I'm hoping it still works like that, since you can add the other effects with it.

10 hours ago, Nicolas T. said:

Checked and no problems here. So far. Loads just fine, works, pretty fast even. I might actually use this 😜

• Like 1