FREE FAST BUNDLE by FOCUSRITE (5 plugins)

Vst0nE

On 6/6/2023 at 10:49 AM, SATYA said:

Why is it so hard to get free plugins

It's not, actually. There are so many free offerings of plug-ins that it's like trying to drink from a fire hose.

This particular promotional giveaway was bungled.

And kinda weird, really. Why did they think they'd need to entice people with free goods so that they would participate in a class with Alan Parsons?

The way it went for me was that I registered for it on the day it was announced and heard nothing further. I had forgotten the date, so a reminder email would have been nice.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jacques Boileau said:

Yep, Parsons made me go, not the bundle. But the bundle thing kinda ruined it a bit with all the stupid hoopla in the chat. Distracting. I should have turned it off. Hopefully it will be available to watch again.

Who thought a giveaway was needed to get people to come listen to this legend!?!?!

They said it would be available afterwards which is good, because I could only half listen because I was at work.  :)

• Like 3

There was a link on the top of the chat to the right of the video. I registered there and came to a page which confirmed registration and said licenses would be sent out within 24 hours of the Webinarium ending. 

6 hours ago, MrFigg said:

There was a link on the top of the chat to the right of the video. I registered there and came to a page which confirmed registration and said licenses would be sent out within 24 hours of the Webinarium ending. 

Didn’t get that link :(

• Sad 1

I think Focusrite realized they made a booboo and making it only available during the stream was their way of not giving out a buttload of licenses.  I watched the stream, if you didn't have the chat up, you missed out.  Kind of crappy.  You could maybe argue that depending on when you signed up, you signed up under different pretenses.  When I signed up and gave out my email, it was based on receiving the PARSONSFREE code, without the requirement to watch the stream.  Other people who signed up later signed up knowing it was only during the stream.  I missed out, I'm ok with it, but I could see feeling like the wool was pulled over your eyes.

• Like 2

Did they announce during the live stream that the link was only in the live chat?
If they didn't do that, I see that as a major oversight.
I watched the live stream on my TV using a Roku stick and there was no option to see the live chat.
If I had watched the whole thing and missed it I'd be annoyed.
I gave up after ten minutes and checked in later on my PC and noticed the link, so I didn't miss out.

• Like 4