Inappropriate Ads --Video

bjornpdx

Inappropriate Ads

While browsing I came across some TV and magazine advertisements from the past that would definitely not be okay today. I put a few of them in a short video and added a tune I wrote about 20 years ago for the soundtrack.  Can't believe some of the drug ads!
-Bjorn

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

Asoflippinlutely excellent work!!!!  What an excellent message!!!  Do you mean that we were lied to?  What is more important -- people or profits?   A rhetorical question but maybe one that we should think about.  The soundtrack was perfect.

Great piece  --  thanks for posting.

• Thanks 1

Love the music Bjorn - excellent

And some of those adds - how to measure your wife for an Ironing table and my particular favorite, the advert  saying Our Soldiers need our help and the line, Turns out you gals are useful after all...........wow, just wow. 

I think if someone wrote something like that today, even as a joke, a very well armed Bodyguard would be required!!

Excellent stuff

Nigel

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I think my Mom took to heart the Winston cigarette ad about lower birth weight and easier delivery.   I was barely over 5 pounds when I was born and had weak lungs as a result.  She "confessed" that to my wife when she was pregnant with our son in 1981.

Terrific video and the music fits perfectly.

😀John B

• Thanks 1

Thanks everyone for the comments
Steve - yeah, lots of women bashing back then, supposedly in a humorous way
Steve @baselines - they had Cocaine Candy back then - I think I was born too late
freddy - it's always the profits
Nigel - my wife was a little put off when I ran the video past her.
Old Joad -  I used OBS studio to capture the videos off YouTube and GreenShot to capture the still images. Then  DaVinci Resolve for the vid.
John - I still can't believe that Winston ad!

-Bjorn