EZkeys2 !!!!!

simon

So if I understand this software, you buy the full version which includes the engine and a ton of factory MIDI. You choose a soundset to go with it. You can then 'upgrade' your package with other soundsets and other MIDI packs. You can also route EZ Keys to another track as a MIDI generator or drag & drop.

How would this distinguish itself from, let's say Scaler?

Yes concerning the cheap EZ Keys full versions you can find, the same kinda thing happens with IK Multimedia Group Buys, where you can find a cheaper licence at retailers, I guess some shops had some older licences left in stock

Edited by MattMusic

I read on the TT EZK2 web page that you can purchase EZK1 now and get free upgrade to EZK2. 

What I would check on first is if that purchase has to be made through TT. And would EZK1 purchases from third parties would qualify for the free upgrade. 

2 hours ago, fitzroy said:

So a new user/buyer can get EZ Keys 2 cheaper than the upgrade price for existing users? Nice one, Toontrack. 

An existing user can buy a full version to get the upgrade also.

This is simply a 3rd party selling it at a larger discount than everyone else is.

That also looks like a pretty obscure store.

1 minute ago, Brian Walton said:

An existing user can buy a full version to get the upgrade also.

Is this specified by Toontrack somewhere? It would make hunting for a cheap, full EZK fun, especially one of interest. But as mentioned above, I'm sure Toontrack are trying to squash any leftover dealer offers. 

1 hour ago, Nick Blanc said:

How would this distinguish itself from, let's say Scaler?

Scaler is good, and there is probably some overlap. Are you familiar with EZdrummer3?

EZkeys 2 will add many of the new features that were added to that. Bandmate is probably the most significant, followed by a new Grid Editor window.

https://www.soundonsound.com/news/upcoming-toontrack-release-ezkeys-2

A new Bandmate feature derived from EZDrummer 3 allows the instrument to generate piano parts based on user-imported audio or MIDI material. Dragging and dropping a file into the interface when using the feature will result in EZkeys creating a selection of suggested parts, which can be auditioned and exported directly from within the plug-in.

A Suggest Chords feature has been added, and will recommend chord progressions based on player input or MIDI files, and the company have also introduced their popular Tap2Find function, which will recommend parts based on a rhythm or notes played with a MIDI controller, or tapped in with the mouse using a button within the GUI.

A new Grid Editor window provides a piano roll-style view, enabling users to create and edit their piano parts directly within the plug-in itself if required, rather than switching back and forth to their DAW’s instrument or MIDI track. The editor also integrates with a number of other functions in the plug-in: browsing and auditioning scales from within the Songwriting Scales window will cause all of the relevant notes in the Grid Editor to be highlighted, for example.

An all-new MIDI library adds more than 800 MIDI parts to the original instrument’s collection, with the total count standing at over 1350 files. All of the parts have been played by a professional pianist, and cover a wide range of styles and genres, and are categorised by genre, time signature and song part for easy searching.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grem said:

I read on the TT EZK2 web page that you can purchase EZK1 now and get free upgrade to EZK2. 

What I would check on first is if that purchase has to be made through TT. And would EZK1 purchases from third parties would qualify for the free upgrade. 

Yeah, as a new user,  when I registered my EZKeys 1 Full Version serial, EZKeys 2 was directly added to my account, waiting to be downloaded on May 16

Maybe Toontrack noticed the cheap price & bought back all the licences from the store...

Edited by MattMusic
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, wallace said:

Sad that I didn't pull the trigger quick enough.
They have already adjusted the price back to 179.

Haha indeed they did. I am at work so I wanted to wait until I got home. A little voice said "just do it now, they will adjust it" and darn they did and I didn't buy. Ah well. Saved me €49. Maybe another time.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Olong Johnson said:

Regarding unused generic activation codes for EZkeys MIDI packs, this is a direct quote from Toontrack support:

So people with unregistered sound expansion serials are still out of luck. Not cricket, Toontrack. 

1 hour ago, fitzroy said:

Is this specified by Toontrack somewhere? It would make hunting for a cheap, full EZK fun, especially one of interest. But as mentioned above, I'm sure Toontrack are trying to squash any leftover dealer offers. 

It is stated on the website that if you buy a full version during the "pre-order" period that you get the upgrade to EZKeys 2.  There are still 3rd parties to buy them from so it isn't like you have to order a v1 seat from them directly...you just need to register it in this period.

I have an unregistered full Classic Electric I'm debating what to do with.  It would either be a sell it situation or add it to an account to get more seats as I do use more than 2 computers (but not at the same time)

• Great Idea 1

16 minutes ago, Fleer said:

So people with unregistered sound expansion serials are still out of luck. Not cricket, Toontrack. 

You would expect Toontrack to at least offer an upgrade for the old merchandise. As you have already paid for it, but not gotten any use of the product yet. 🤔

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

18 hours ago, Bapu said:

You are misunderstanding. I am not talking about licenses. I am talking about (as yet) un registered serial numbers for EZKeys 1 sound modules that were purchased from Thomann (or any other reseller)

No misunderstanding this end, it was perfectly clear what you are offering.
I do know how TT 'licences/redemption codes' work as I have bought them from 3rd parties many times.
To reiterate, it was clear that what you are offering is legitimate, that wasn't my query.
I wanted to clarify what the rules are for offering genuine licences for sale or trade here.
Good luck with the sales.

7 hours ago, MattMusic said:

No my friend :)

As a new EZ Keys user, your best bet right now is to buy a new EZ Keys Full version at a retailer for cheap

You can get the Upright Piano Full Version or a few others for 49€ right here :

https://www.drum-tec.fr/toontrack-ezkeys-upright-piano-download

You then get a Free upgrade to EZ Keys 2 on May 16

This is what I did the other day, I had resold my EZ Keys a few years ago so didn't have any software to upgrade, when I bought this one, I was given a free upgrade.

EZ Keys 2 - 49€

You're welcome :)

Sometimes it pays to procrastinate. I bought EZkeys Cinematic Grand in December 2020 from Time+Space for whopping €19.21 and forgot to register it. I just did and the EZkeys 2 upgrade and core library are now showing as upcoming products in TT Product Manager. 🙂

Thanks for the tip, MattMusic!

• Like 7
  • Great Idea 3

8 minutes ago, pseudopop said:

Sometimes it pays to procrastinate. I bought EZkeys Cinematic Grand in December 2020 from Time+Space for whopping €19.21 and forgot to register it. I just did and the EZkeys 2 upgrade and core library are now showing as upcoming products in TT Product Manager. 🙂

That there is the "Deal of the Month", for sure!!! 👍

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Technostica said:

No misunderstanding this end, it was perfectly clear what you are offering.

Maybe I am misunderstanding... I did not get, in any of Bapu's posts, that he was trying to sell anything. 

He only talked about prices he paid. 

IDK...

• Like 1