EZKeys 2 coming April 3rd?

Sander Verstraten

Well, people in that part of Sweden are domestically known not to be stressed or rush into things. Everything has its time. A time to code, A time to test; A time to deploy, And a time to have the morronfika.

Little do they know that the natives are getting restless.

Edited by Canopus
Speling.
  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 2

I think they normally release around 2pm Sweden time  (EZbass/EZD3 for example)

EDIT - on their FB page they say

The product will be available earliest at 14:00 CET (Europe) / 7:00 PM Central Time (US) on release day.

although I think they got the CET to US time conversion a bit wrong :)

Edited by simon

Installed!

There were also updates to the the small EZK1 MIDI library and the 9 EZK1 pianos that I have licenses for. For me, it was about 6 GB of total downloads.

EZK2 scales nicely on my 4K display, but I had to switch it to full screen, since the scaling is slightly off (the bottom of the window was just below the top of the taskbar. Full screen? It's SO nice! I'll check the VST versions later. Time to walk my dogs before their lunch.

Edited by John Maar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fleer said:

So we get 2 activations.
Do we keep the other two (of EZK1)?

EZkeys 1 is still available as a plugin/standalone on your system. But I very much doubt that it's an independent license that can be resold, if that's what you meant.

Edited by Canopus
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Canopus said:

EZkeys 1 is still available as a plugin/standalone on your system. But I very much doubt that it's an independent license that can be resold, if that's what you meant.

so let me confirm. if i upgrade to EZK2 , i lose the ability to install again EZK1?

1 hour ago, Sander Verstraten said:

and already an update 😅

image.png.a3d33ab09632d16f6fe20cac1e2f19ac.png

Installed!

Not unusual IMO, they were probably still testing  that when it was release time.

I'd expect at least 2 more updates in the next 30-60 days, now that people will be banging on it (see what I did there?)

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

so let me confirm. if i upgrade to EZK2 , i lose the ability to install again EZK1?

All I know is that the Authorizations tab in Toontrack Product Manager under EZK1 is no longer present after the upgrade to EZK2, but if you’re looking for an official statement I'd suggest you ask Toontrack.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

If you purchased EZK2 as a upgrade to EZK1, then yes, you should expect that an EZK1 authorization is no longer available to you. If you paid full price for EZK2, then you should expect to still have rights to EZK1.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Canopus said:

All I know is that the Authorizations tab in Toontrack Product Manager under EZK1 is no longer present after the upgrade to EZK2, but if you’re looking for an official statement I'd suggest you ask Toontrack.

thanks. well. i guess that sort of makes sense. i will go check that tooktrack super secret product owners only forums to see what the activity is like on there. 🙂

• Like 1