⚡️⚡️Kilohearts: Phase Plant Synth ($73.15 @ Loot Audio | RRP $199) plus Convolver for $9 ⚡️⚡️

MusicMan

Kilohearts: Phase Plant Synth ($73.15 @ Loot Audio)

Sale price is $81.28, but then use code: PREBLACK10 to get it for $73.15

https://www.lootaudio.com/category/plugins/kilohearts/phase-plant

You can also pick up Kilohearts Convolver for $9 as you get a $30 voucher from buying Phase plant!

(Note: the $30 voucher doesn't work on sale items. The ones you can purchase now are often at 50%, which means there's no point using the $30 voucher on them)

Installed..... 😃

Edited by MusicMan
  • Like 5

46 minutes ago, MusicMan said:

Kilohearts: Phase Plant Synth ($73.15 @ Loot Audio)

Sale price is $81.28, but then use code: PREBLACK10 to get it for $73.15

https://www.lootaudio.com/category/plugins/kilohearts/phase-plant

You can also pick up Kilohearts Convolver for $9 as you get a $30 voucher from buying Phase plant!

(Note: the $30 voucher doesn't work on sale items. The ones you can purchase now are often at 50%, which means there's no point using the $30 voucher on them)

Installed..... 😃

pp.jpg.f4b1280d8c034f0c2e8a0a46b74e31db.jpg

Have you purchased in $ or £? Because it is 83 but in £, in dollar is 99 plus VAT in EU (as in image, I was not logged and no voucher used)

9 minutes ago, D-Fused Sounds said:

pp.jpg.f4b1280d8c034f0c2e8a0a46b74e31db.jpg

Have you purchased in $ or £? Because it is 83 but in £, in dollar is 99 plus VAT in EU (as in image, I was not logged and no voucher used)

Actually you purchase in GBP regardless, you can only change what the site shows you.

I paid £61.51 which according to xe.com matches what the site displayed in US when I checked out at $73.15 🙂

US seems to be a more popular choice for displaying the cost though. I wonder if you're seeing a VAT charge, or something.

8 minutes ago, Anxiousmofo said:

Crazy deal on a kickass synth. If I didn't have it I would leap on this. I also love the Kilohearts convolver. 

I'd been waiting for this one and anywhere around $80 was my target price... not a bad little surprise!

Just messing around with it and within a few minutes from having no understanding of how to create a preset from scratch, I've created a bass patch and bassline as a result that I'll end up turning into a track 🙂

• Like 1

I haven't bought Phase Plant, largely because I already have a ton of soft synths and synth libraries and don't even use them enough (I'll  have great fun jamming on them, but rarely use most of them in productions). But I own a bunch of Kilohearts effects and their other synth and it is pretty compelling that every time I've seen Phase Plant mentioned,  I see nothing but users posting glowing praise of it. Clearly,  Kilohearts got things right with Phase Plant. I'm just saying...even though I don't own it, I am impressed by how much I see users praising it. 

Edited by PavlovsCat

For anyone interested who's not getting the lower price listed -- particularly those in Europe -- an alternative way to get Phase Plant for ~€72 is via a Beat magazine e-paper subscription:

https://www.falkemedia-shop.de/sound/beat/dauerbezug/digitalbezug?#premiums

(You can also get Impact Shreddage 3 Hydra or Acoustic Samples Pianos or other bonuses instead, if you prefer.)

I went this route a few weeks ago. It takes a bit longer (there's a two-week period before getting the bonus serial, possibly to make sure people don't cancel right away just for the freebie?), but you also get a year of Beat (in German), access to back issues and associated samples/software. 

Possibly not worth the extra hoops versus $73. But against $99, it could be an option to consider. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, pseudopop said:

Actually, I did this and I can download the PDF version of both German and English version of the magazine via Plugins-Samples.

Ah, that would be great. I've been able to translate articles that I'm interested in, but it's a bit of a slog. (The samples and software archive work wonders, though.)

At Plugins-Samples, it asks for a "Subscription Number", but I don't see that in the email Falkemedia sent to confirm the subscription, only an order # (which doesn't seem to work in the form). When I click on the (translated) "Manage digital subscriptions" link under "Magazine subscriptions" on falkemedia-shop.de, the page I get on falkemedia-abo.de lists my "subscription name" as "beat e-paper", which doesn't seem very specific.

Do you happen to remember where you found the info for Plugin-Samples, or did it just work/show up when you made the order? For me, the "Orders" section there says "No order has been made yet.", so it's possible (quite possible; I had to enlist help from Marco a couple of times to usher my order through the system) that something for me isn't connected quite right.

By the way, that PREBLACK10 code mentioned in the first post works for 10% of many things (any things?) at Loot Audio right now.

Does anyone happen to know when it expires? I'm trying not to pull any triggers until more sales bloom next week, but an extra 10% is worth considering. The code itself suggests it'll be gone before Friday, at the latest.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Zolton said:

By the way, that PREBLACK10 code mentioned in the first post works for 10% of many things (any things?) at Loot Audio right now.

Does anyone happen to know when it expires? I'm trying not to pull any triggers until more sales bloom next week, but an extra 10% is worth considering. The code itself suggests it'll be gone before Friday, at the latest.

It does indeed. The biggest standout for me was Phase Plant and Spire, but even Mastermind was a touch cheaper. I did wonder about holding off, but I've missed out a few times when sellers end up excluding certain products, or they expire the code, so I just jumped!

Sometimes the listed price is supposed to be the price after the discount and I've waited for a while with Phase Plant so I wasn't taking any chances 🤣

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

27 minutes ago, MusicMan said:

It does indeed. The biggest standout for me was Phase Plant and Spire, but even Mastermind was a touch cheaper. I did wonder about holding off, but I've missed out a few times when sellers end up excluding certain products, or they expire the code, so I just jumped!

Sometimes the listed price is supposed to be the price after the discount and I've waited for a while with Phase Plant so I wasn't taking any chances 🤣

Agreed, timing (and a little bit of luck) is everything.

In case others are interested, I tracked down the expiration date for the Loot Audio code on reddit/APD (I'd post the link here, but it expands into a huge widget that I don't know how to tame):

"10% off anything site wide until 20 November with code PREBLACK10"

Looks like I'm in for a couple of quick decisions!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jason Neudorf said:

FOMO got me, so I picked up Phase Plant.  Last year a bundle of presets was released for free; they're excellent as tutorials/sounds.

And yes, "Additivity" requires too much CPU. I needed to reduce polyphony to "4" to play chords without clicks.

I'd completely forgotten about that and picked it up at the same time too, so thanks for the reminder!! I did think I'd end up with Phase Plant and here we are 🤣

Actually also had a Ghost Syndicate pack free along with another free one from Kilohearts.

Info here:

https://kilohearts.com/blog/sonoae_borealis_announcement

Direct download link here:

https://kilohearts.com/files/banks/sonoae_borealis.bank

The Ghost Syndicate one is here:

https://www.ghostsyndicate.net/product/flo-free-phase-plant-presets/

I didn't have Phase Plant, so not sure what they're like, but could be worth a download.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zolton said:

Agreed, timing (and a little bit of luck) is everything.

In case others are interested, I tracked down the expiration date for the Loot Audio code on reddit/APD (I'd post the link here, but it expands into a huge widget that I don't know how to tame):

"10% off anything site wide until 20 November with code PREBLACK10"

Looks like I'm in for a couple of quick decisions!

Timing and luck counts for a lot with this stuff, doesn't it?!

Sometimes it pays to jump quickly. That's not always the case and sometimes there's a better deal, but when it gets to some of these prices, that gets less and less likely. But the other big plus... I get to use it now 😃

• Like 1

And Kilohearts Update Plan (KUP) is the polar opposite of Waves Update Plan (WUP). And no, they don't actually call it KUP. But that's what it is. Here's their update  plan in their words:

"Lifetime Free Updates

Once you buy a license for any Kilohearts plugins you will get all future updates for free. We won’t charge you a penny for new versions. And we will continue to improve all our software with new features and OS compatibility (yes, it’s all M1 Native already!), which means that investing in Kilohearts software is a very sensible move for the serious sound designer."

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Great Idea 1