Plugin Boutique Free with Purchase (deCoda LE or MReverbMB)

MusicMan

6 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

Might have to go bargin bin diving.

Already have full Decoda and MTurboReverbLE - but getting the MReverb with multi-band function might be a nice to have also.

Similar thinking here. That verb could be nice. 

I know there a bunch of Melda fans here. Does anyone who has MReverb want to weigh in? I own a bunch of nice reverbs, is this one worth adding to my collection? Would you recommend it?

I've looked for music magazine reviews on MReverb but couldn't find any. Of course,  that doesn't mean it isn't a good -- or even great  --reverb,  it just means I can't find trustworthy, fairly objective,  reviews. 

Edited by PavlovsCat

Does someone here know the exact differences between full deCoda version and deCoda LE ?? I can't find a single place with actual information about deCoda LE, like it actually doesn't even exist as an own real product.

Thank you very much in advance.

EDIT: Apparently the only place to find related information is in the official manual, which doesn't exactly specify the differences but adds a "(LE)" to the common sections. Although it also mentions that is not guaranteed all things covered under a "(LE)" section are actually in the LE version too.

Edited by Jeslan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

Does anyone who has MReverb want to weigh in?

Here are 3 pretty great things about the MReverbMB plugin Peter.

1. The Spatial Positioning system:  You can layer reverbs to get a nice 3D space for a sound. (See the Waves CLA Reverb for example. )  This feature lets you "locate" the reverb by direction and distance.  If you don't like the sound of this reverb, you can just use it for this purpose to position your sound, then layer your others.

MReverb01.v1.jpg

2. The Multiband functionality:  Here's Chandler's excellent video where he touches on the  Melda MB feature using MChorusMB. You can search and read up on it more, but it's crazy how much this feature adds to each of the plugins.  https://youtu.be/iBKnGt1i_c8

Here more info on Melda: https://www.meldaproduction.com/tutorials/video/multiband

3. XY Pad Morphing: Another standard Melda feature is the XY Pad Morphing. I find this particularly useful with the reverbs. I'll start A-Bing. Well, actually, with Melda you can compare A through H, that's 8 different settings you can save and compare. But I'll typically just use up to 4 for the following reason - can't decide which one you like in the A-D slots? Morph them! It's one on my favorite Melda features.

https://www.meldaproduction.com/tutorials/xy_pads_morphing_gf

Unbelievable that this is a FREEBIE!  If for no other reason, you can pick it up and learn the Multiband and XY Morphing features. But the Spatial Positioning System is pretty cool too!  Hands down no-brainer!

Edited by mibby
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 6

1 hour ago, mibby said:

Here are 3 pretty great things about the MReverbMB plugin Peter.

1. The Spatial Positioning system:  You can layer reverbs to get a nice 3D space for a sound. (See the Waves CLA Reverb for example. )  This feature lets you "locate" the reverb by direction and distance.  If you don't like the sound of this reverb, you can just use it for this purpose to position your sound, then layer your others.

MReverb01.v1.jpg

2. The Multiband functionality:  Here's Chandler's excellent video where he touches on the  Melda MB feature using MChorusMB. You can search and read up on it more, but it's crazy how much this feature adds to each of the plugins.  https://youtu.be/iBKnGt1i_c8

Here more info on Melda: https://www.meldaproduction.com/tutorials/video/multiband

3. XY Pad Morphing: Another standard Melda feature is the XY Pad Morphing. I find this particularly useful with the reverbs. I'll start A-Bing. Well, actually, with Melda you can compare A through H, that's 8 different settings you can save and compare. But I'll typically just use up to 4 for the following reason - can't decide which one you like in the A-D slots? Morph them! It's one on my favorite Melda features.

https://www.meldaproduction.com/tutorials/xy_pads_morphing_gf

Unbelievable that this is a FREEBIE!  If nothing, you can pick it up and learn the Multiband and XY Morphing features. But the Spatial Positioning System is pretty cool too!  Hands down no-brainer!

Thanks so much,  @mibby. To be candid, if you only posted, "I recommend it, Peter," I would have picked it up. It was super kind and thoughtful of you to provide so much information. It's very helpful and greatly appreciated. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I read the manual for DeCoda, and even tried the demo of it. Nice program for learning songs.

But there's a thing that has puzzled me since I started using DAW's again, which is how difficult it seems to be to find a DAW, plug-in, or standalone program that can simply analyze an audio clip and tell me whether the music in the clip is in tune (compared to A=440 or whatever), and if not, by how much.

The idea is that with that information, I can get a piece of recorded music from someone, and if they weren't tuned to concert pitch at the time, no problem, I can retune my instrument(s) and play along.

Given the sophistication of music analysis algorithms these days, I would think that this would be pretty easy. Also, given how many songs use sampled audio from old vinyl or whatever that might not be at Concert pitch, the popularity of mashups, etc., I have a hard time understanding how this isn't a commonplace task. I've tried to do this so many times over the years and I eventually end up noodling on my MIDI controller while using the pitch bend wheel to find out if the source material is sharp or flat, then "walking" it up or down until it sounds in tune. It seems crazy to have to do that in this day and age.

DeCoda allows you to set it to Concert pitch or Hippie Nonsense pitch or whatever, and it will analyse the audio you feed it and play it back according to that reference pitch, but oddly, as far as I can tell, it won't tell you what the original base pitch of the audio was. At least it does tempo pretty well. Using the tools in Cakewalk, I've never gotten close to detecting the correct tempo of an existing piece of music.

I've tried HorNet Songkey, Meldaproduction MTuner. Songkey is only interested in telling you what chords are being played, and MTuner responds too quickly.

Is there some piece of software somewhere that can do this? Remember, what I want to do is find out the reference pitch and tune my instruments to the existing music, I don't (necessarily) want to adjust the clip to my preferred reference pitch.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jan Schmitz said:

They just added Cherry Audio CA2600 to the freebie picks! Wish I didn't own it already!

Now that is a solid freebie... I really like that thing.. I already owned it and just picked up the Cherry Audio Year Two collection which includes the Voltage Modular version too!

• Like 1