Native Instruments Playbox

cclarry

RANDOMIZE, INSPIRE, PLAY

PLAYBOX comes ready to create, with over 900 immersive samples, over 200 chord sets, and a range of intuitive effects. Assign a range of bespoke sounds to each note in your chord for one-of-a-kind creations playable with just one finger, or roll the dice to let PLAYBOX decide.

Save 25% until Apr 24.

$149

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/synths/playbox/

On 3/23/2022 at 4:54 PM, Marc Cormier said:

NI are getting closer to justifying the update price for the next Komplete 14CE.  Almost.

As best as I can remember, this is what will be new in K14UCE.  Did I leave anything out? 

ACTION STRINGS 2
ASHLIGHT
GLAZE
PIANO COLORS
PLAYBOX
SEQUIS
SPOTLIGHT COLLECTION EAST ASIA
STACKS
SESSION BASSIST – PRIME BASS
SESSION GUITARIST- ELECTRIC VINTAGE
SESSION GUITARIST – PICKED NYLON

EXPANSIONS:  SATIN LOOKS, RHYTHM SOURCE, BURNT HUES,  ELECTRIC TOUCH, BACKYARD JAMS, BUMPIN FLAVA, MELTED VIBES, LUNAR ECHOES

But definitely more coming...

For me, the strongest part of this is the three Session Guitarist Libraries and the East Asia Collection. I do own and like Piano Colors (going to sell when I upgrade)  But I guess it depends on what kind of music you make.  Others may be more excited by Action Strings 2 and Sequis. 

• Great Idea 1

I got it wrong.

Native Instruments sure doesn't make this easy.  There should just be a "New" Section that is accurate.  I have no idea if I have listed all the new expansions.
I suppose the only way to have a real list is to keep track as things are released.

ACTION STRINGS 2
ASHLIGHT
GLAZE (Play)
MELTED VIBES (Play)
PIANO COLORS
PLAYBOX
SEQUIS
SOUL SESSIONS (Play)
STACKS (Play)

EXPANSIONS: (I'm not sure about these at all) LUNAR ECHOES, SATIN LOOKS, RHYTHM SOURCE, BURNT HUES,  ELECTRIC TOUCH, BACKYARD JAMS, SACRED FUTURES, BUMPIN FLAVA, HAZE, BOUNCE, QUEST, OUR HOUSE, TRILL RAYS, BODY MECHANIC, NEO BOOGIE, SOUL MAGIC, LIQUID ENERGY, CRATE CUTS, CERTIFIED GOLD

2 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

I got it wrong.

Native Instruments sure doesn't make this easy.  There should just be a "New" Section that is accurate.  I have no idea if I have listed all the new expansions.
I suppose the only way to have a real list is to keep track as things are released.

ACTION STRINGS 2
ASHLIGHT
GLAZE (Play)
MELTED VIBES (Play)
PIANO COLORS
PLAYBOX
SEQUIS
SOUL SESSIONS (Play)
STACKS (Play)

EXPANSIONS: (I'm not sure about these at all) LUNAR ECHOES, SATIN LOOKS, RHYTHM SOURCE, BURNT HUES,  ELECTRIC TOUCH, BACKYARD JAMS, SACRED FUTURES, BUMPIN FLAVA, HAZE, BOUNCE, QUEST, OUR HOUSE, TRILL RAYS, BODY MECHANIC, NEO BOOGIE, SOUL MAGIC, LIQUID ENERGY, CRATE CUTS, CERTIFIED GOLD

I think I'm done with Komplete upgrades until a new version of their plugins come along.  It's really gotten to be overwhelming to explore and use.   Sure it's great for people starting out but with the abundance of 3rd party products most stuff in Kpmplete is easy to ignore.

On 3/26/2022 at 4:11 AM, simon said:

maybe some Izotope stuff ?

I'm wondering if they will integrate iZotope into NI products someday.  Like maybe incorporate some of their reverbs, plus stuff like Trash, and Vinyl,  and mastering plugins into Kontakt and Guitar Rig

It's also possible that, in addition to a Komplete 14 Ultimate CE, there will be a Komplete Ultimate CE +Mix and Master Advanced.

The only thing that NI needs to do now to keep on the path of incomplete Komplete .is to buy an existing DAW.  That would really be useful way to put together everything iZotope and the existing NI audio plugins. 

And it could be the first DAW that comes with NKS integration, whatever that might mean.

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Great Idea 2

2 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

I'm wondering if they will integrate iZotope into NI products someday.  Like maybe incorporate some of their reverbs, plus stuff like Trash, and Vinyl,  and mastering plugins into Kontakt and Guitar Rig

I'm sure we will see some overlap of the technology.   And as you say, more likely from Izotope > NI..... I always get the feeling that the NI FX plugins are 'legacy' now.

My concern is how they integrate the upgrade paths between the two companies.  The NI is pretty straightforward but Izotope neve seem to know what you have when the offer 'deals' and most of your 'personal deals' are for stuff you already own. .....even though all your products are listed in the account.

How this is going to work when you factor in NI, probably just more chaos, for several more years.