Cubase 12 is here...

locrian

3 minutes ago, simon said:

they buy stuff in from 3rd parties - aren't they still shipping a Voxengo plug with C12 still ?

Which one?  Honestly I seldom use SB plugs anymore (in part b/c of my visits to this site).

• Haha 1

Here is the eLicenser overload post on Steinberg Forum https://forums.steinberg.net/t/grace-period-update-to-cubase-12/769820   By hitting the Action/Recover menu choice I got the "Grace Period" status on about the fourth try.  It is faster than waiting for the "Maintenance"  process to fail three times and do a bunch of other unnecessary stuff.  The code just arrived in my email.  Onward!

17 minutes ago, DanH002 said:

So, I was thinking when things calm down... I have CB 11 on a desktop already with the E-Licenser. I would like to install CB 12 on a new MacBook (with no previous installation). But, will that render my desktop's CB 11 as no longer usable?

I honestly don't know, but I recall someone asking the same question this morning on the Cubase forum and I think the answer is 'no.'  That is, you should be able to run both at the same time.

I recall reading it here but really don't remember given that I've reached a state of information overload.

https://forums.steinberg.net/t/cubase-12-out-now/769760/41

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, DanH002 said:

So, I was thinking when things calm down... I have CB 11 on a desktop already with the E-Licenser. I would like to install CB 12 on a new MacBook (with no previous installation). But, will that render my desktop's CB 11 as no longer usable?

you'll be fine

the CB11 will still need the dongle but your new C12 MacBook will be able to use the dongle-less licence.

• Like 1

Biggest release they've done in a while and you guys thought it would be a smooth transition? Are you guys new or something? :P

I'm kidding, give it some time. Their servers are getting blasted right now and probably will be for the next few days but they will get everything sorted and everyone will get their upgrades.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I watched a few of the 'Top N Reasons to Update Now' videos, but they largely replicated the information provided on Steinberg's website.

The video below, in contrast, provides detailed information on many of the new and useful functions.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Frank said:

Also good to know about Cubase 12:

Due to technical reasons the following plug-ins and technologies have been removed from the product scope

VST instruments: Mystic, Prologue, Specter, LoopMash are no longer included in the factory content of Cubase.

A potential workaround suggested on the Cubase Forum is to "...copy the Synthengine.vst3 to the Cubase 12 VST3 folder..."

Apparently this works for Mystic, Prologue and Specter, but not for LoopMash.

image.png.720e5a125980acaf5c3692827d6c6302.png

https://forums.steinberg.net/t/cant-find-prologue-mystic-spector-in-cubase-12/769948/5

Edited by locrian

Installation issues here. The same ones others had.

It was late and I didn't have time to bother with it any more after a half dozen attempts.

I was able to install CB12pro. I see it on the download portal. I just can't launch it. When I followed the instructions for from Cubase  for maintenance in my eliscenser it basically took everything off the dongle, Either that or the elicense server wasn't resistering it. I'm afraid to check  Cbase 11 because users are reporting it's gone too.

At the Steinberg site in my account I have the grace period license registered so I'm good there. Tried multiple reboots, Same thing. Ugh.

On 3/2/2022 at 7:40 AM, cclarry said:

Aha...there is an option under the Account menu for "Grace Period Check" that get's you the license,
but I ran it and got "no license found"

I had a similar problem last year (when I tried to 'grace-period-update' C9 to C11) and the issue was that my copy of C9 had been updated to C10 *but* still remained in my account.  SB told me that it should have been removed b/c it was used to upgrade to C10.  And so I had to pay to upgrade to C11 (from C10).

Could this be the cause of your problem?

Just now, locrian said:

I had a similar problem last year (when I tried to 'grace-period-update' C9 to C11) and the issue was that my copy of C9 had been updated to C10 *but* still remained in my account.  SB told me that it should have been removed b/c it was used to upgrade to C10.  And so I had to pay to upgrade to C11 (from C10).

Could this be the cause of your problem?

Nope....I outright purchased it...there should be ZERO issues

Guyz i don't see Cubase 12 in my downloads , but available in cubase  list , i don't see it in my steinberg also ...am i missing something ?

image.png.80fa50439e3929775d2c8b7e6100a7f0.png

Edited by Zo