Cubase 12 is here...

locrian

2 hours ago, Bapu said:

I dunno, maybe I just live right, but the purchase of 11->12, install and update of license went rather smoothly for me.

Same here.  It took just an hour to download, install and authorize.  And I was pleasantly surprised at how well it works.  Except for two minor issues with the Project Assistant and Melodyne/ARA, everything works 100%.

This release was all about usability and you see these improvements everywhere.  Most of them are fairly small, but they really add up.

I hope SB continues along this path; versions 9.5-11 almost made me switch to Studio One.

2 hours ago, cclarry said:

Well I, and I'm sure many others, are not at all very happy with Stinkberg at the moment.
And they really don't seem to give a rats bahooki about it either...

I read an article in Fortune the other day about the global supply chain crisis.  Apparently, it is affecting rats bahookis specifically, so maybe that's why Steinberg doesn't have any to give.  :/

• Great Idea 1
  • Haha 2

Been working in 12 all night. Only Found a few GUI glitches (on a Mac), but other than that it’s been rock solid and new features are gold. I really like it! I think I will abandon Logic as soon as I’m done with all my projects in it.

For those of you who struggle to get the upgrade, it’ll be worth the wait. I promise! I hope you get it sorted out very soon, though👍

BTW: I just got my license in November as a competitive cross grade, so new to Cubase sort of. I’ve been working with dialogue to video (dubbing/versioning/VO/animatics) for years and years in Nuendo at a high end studio and never done music in it before. Gotta say, wish I’d jumped on the Cubase wagon a long time ago. 

Edited by projectm
Enthusiasm

I decided to join in the misery but it's seems OK.  Odd that I still had to register the upgrade on my elicenser.    I just installed it on one machine and activation was fine.  I'm not sure if I want to install the other bloat. 

26 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

I decided to join in the misery but it's seems OK.  Odd that I still had to register the upgrade on my elicenser.    I just installed it on one machine and activation was fine.  I'm not sure if I want to install the other bloat. 

I stick with the minimal loops and other stuff are. Waste of space and cluutering browser imho but some people love it ...

Guyz anybody got it sorted ? Are those that got it working bougth the licence on steinberg website (trying to isolate the case)